hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Palestine visit

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The existence of Palestine, both geographically and politically has been explained by several posters on this thread, yet you are the one that is choosing to be

In 1947 the UN 'created' the state of Israel, Palestine was under British Empirical Administration between 1920 and 1948 until the Jewish Insurgency and the UN partitioned the former Palestine to accommodate a Jewish State of Israel. And you seem to think Palestine doesn't exist. Palestinians are trying to hold onto what is left of the West Bank and Gaza Strip from Israeli occupation.

History lesson over.
    im reading an article about it that was only published today , iv copied this quote

A spokesman for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas says the Israeli plans announced Tuesday deal a new blow to attempts to bring peace to the region and will promote extremism and terrorism.
    Nabil Abu Rdeneh says the decision "disregards" international opposition to the settlements and is calling on the international community to take a "real and serious position" against Israel.
    The Palestinians say settlements are undermining peace hopes by gobbling up the land where they hope to establish a palestinian state.

so this is abbas spokesman saying today they hope to establish a palestinian state , that suggests to me that there currently is not a palestinian state , so do you know something mahmoud abbas doesnt or are you just making up your own version of reality

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    im reading an article about it that was only published today , iv copied this quote

A spokesman for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas says the Israeli plans announced Tuesday deal a new blow to attempts to bring peace to the region and will promote extremism and terrorism.
    Nabil Abu Rdeneh says the decision "disregards" international opposition to the settlements and is calling on the international community to take a "real and serious position" against Israel.
    The Palestinians say settlements are undermining peace hopes by gobbling up the land where they hope to establish a palestinian state.

so this is abbas spokesman saying today they hope to establish a palestinian state , that suggests to me that there currently is not a palestinian state , so do you know something mahmoud abbas doesnt or are you just making up your own version of reality
    You are ignoring all of those who say that Palestine is also a region.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    You are ignoring all of those who say that Palestine is also a region.
    i was ignoring the people that were trying to say palestine is a state

so what part of the region of palestine is the OP visiting ?

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar

Presumably the Israeli occupied territories I have already mentioned, Gaza Strip, West Bank, possibly the Gollan Heights. All names you might have hard on the news.

Meanwhile here's an article worth reading to help understand why you need to understand the politics of the Middle East to realise that Palestine exits.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns...ine-1962266707
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Hi has anyone visited Palestine? I'm going over with Palestine Solidarity Campaign in March. Obviously I know a lot of the suffering that the illegal occupation has caused but has anyone got any first knowledge?
    If you're taking Mick Napier with you,leave him there.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    A bit like Patagonia
    Or even Lothian for an example closer to home.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    If you're taking Mick Napier with you,leave him there.
    Not sure he'll be going as it's being organised out of London rather than Scottish PSC. Take it your not fan of him?

Not sure he'll be going as it's being organised out of London rather than Scottish PSC. Take it your not fan of him?
    No I am not, caused me a lot of hassle with his ridiculously wrongly directed protest at my previous place of work. A mouthpiece with a megaphone who pissed me off no end.

No I am not, caused me a lot of hassle with his ridiculously wrongly directed protest at my previous place of work. A mouthpiece with a megaphone who pissed me off no end.
    movements like the PSC tend to attract these types of nut jobs , what was he protesting your work about out of curiosity

movements like the PSC tend to attract these types of nut jobs , what was he protesting your work about out of curiosity
    Israeli involvement in ownership.

Movements like the PSC, aye nae bother. For your information Mick Napier is anything but a nut job.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Movements like the PSC, aye nae bother. For your information Mick Napier is anything but a nut job.
    No, just a pain in the erse,well he was to me anyway :-)

@hibs.net private member
    ....because he takes a stance against massacres in Gaza, and supports the Palestinian struggle - you view him as a "nut job"? wow - that's some view.

No, just a pain in the erse,well he was to me anyway :-)
    There's a big difference between a pain in the erse, and a nut job. I should know.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    ....because he takes a stance against massacres in Gaza, and supports the Palestinian struggle - you view him as a "nut job"? wow - that's some view.
    screaming down a megaphone outside somebodys workplace that may have a link to israel is hardly the behaviour of a sane person

hibs have an israeli goal keeper , would you be happy for this guy to hurl anti-semetic abuse at him down a megaphone ?

If you buy a map in Saudi and presumably other Arab states you will see with a glance that Israel does not exist but is a place called Palestine. Natives from there that I met still held British people responsible for the creation of Israel so I would advise a cautionary approach. They can be very friendly if you're fighting their corner or helping to spread the word but they were also dancing in the street on 9/11. Fascinating as the middle east is concerning their religion/politics I always felt better when leaving them.

@hibs.net private member
    screaming down a megaphone outside somebodys workplace that may have a link to israel is hardly the behaviour of a sane person

hibs have an israeli goal keeper , would you be happy for this guy to hurl anti-semetic abuse at him down a megaphone ?

i don't know the man, but i do know the organisation's chairman who is Jewish.... there is no direct link between challenging the state of Israel's actions against Palestine and anti-semitism...and in addition, not that I'm condemning it, neither is action against israeli owned businesses..

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    i don't know the man, but i do know the organisation's chairman who is Jewish.... there is no direct link between challenging the state of Israel's actions against Palestine and anti-semitism...and in addition, not that I'm condemning it, neither is action against israeli owned businesses..
    he has plenty videos on youtube , he's like scotlands answer to alex jones , jumping about the streets ranting down a megaphone about zionists and such like

@hibs.net private member
    he has plenty videos on youtube , he's like scotlands answer to alex jones , jumping about the streets ranting down a megaphone about zionists and such like

just because he is paranoid , doesn't mean they're not watching him....

I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    its impossible to visit palestine , it does not exist
    I'm probably the most pro-Israel person on this forum but comments like that are quite unhelpful.

It's certainly not a sovereign state (although no doubt that will eventually change) but there has been an area known as Palestine for some time.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

@hibs.net private member

I don't why your deliberately trying to annoy folk but I'll answer you anyway.
    Ramallah
    Hebron
    Bethlehem, Aida Refugee camp and Lajee Cultural Centre
    Jerusalem
    Jericho

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    There's a big difference between a pain in the erse, and a nut job. I should know.
    I'm not the type for making jokes about sexual innuendo but I had to fight really hard not to with this post.

Makaveli sounds like a Hun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I'm not the type for making jokes about sexual innuendo but I had to fight really hard not to with this post.

@hibs.net private member
    At the airport getting ready to fly out to Palestine. Looking forward to seeing the West Bank but obviously have some concerns over what's it's going to be like especially as the IDF are notorious for cracking down PSC activists. But the Palestinian people need help to expose the apartheid regime they are forced to live under.

At the airport getting ready to fly out to Palestine. Looking forward to seeing the West Bank but obviously have some concerns over what's it's going to be like especially as the IDF are notorious for cracking down PSC activists. But the Palestinian people need help to expose the apartheid regime they are forced to live under.
    Have a great trip and safe journey.

Good luck - keep us up-to-date when you get a chance please.

@hibs.net private member
    Just arrived in the West Bank. Two of our group detained at security looks like they may not be given entrance into Tel Aviv. Apparently new law has been passed if your work for an organisation that supports PSC they can refuse you entry. Stopped at a check point but soldiers were ok. Already seen the wall that keeps the Palestinians in. Sad sight but we are to get the message of the Palestinian people out there. Going for a walk round Jerusalem tonight.

Hi has anyone visited Palestine? I'm going over with Palestine Solidarity Campaign in March. Obviously I know a lot of the suffering that the illegal occupation has caused but has anyone got any first hand knowledge?
    I've visited as part of my visits to Isreal for educational trips (with my University to Yad Vashem). Very interesting trip. I found it a very different experience to what the news agencies portray.

Just arrived in the West Bank. Two of our group detained at security looks like they may not be given entrance into Tel Aviv. Apparently new law has been passed if your work for an organisation that supports PSC they can refuse you entry. Stopped at a check point but soldiers were ok. Already seen the wall that keeps the Palestinians in. Sad sight but we are to get the message of the Palestinian people out there. Going for a walk round Jerusalem tonight.
    Will be very interested to hear if your visit changes your initial opinions in any way. I know a number of people who have visited as part of their work and without exception have modified their views as a result. (I won't say which way!).

Would also be interested to hear your view on what you find out about the scale of the opposition amongst Israelis to their government. Criticising that government is NOT being anti-Semitic.