hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Official Site: NINE TO STAND FOR SUPPORTER REP POSITIONS

2. Log in to remove the advert

Arise Sir Patrick of Stanton.

You can represent me any day of the week.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Just read through the statements. Have to say they are all very impressive and it's going to be difficult to choose. Think Frank and Pat Stanton have the benefit of being known names, but I hope people take the time to try and match the statements with their own ideas and choose the candidates based on that.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Big improvement on last time where some statements were brief or even non-existent.

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Pat's statement probably could've just ended after the first line

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just read through the statements. Have to say they are all very impressive and it's going to be difficult to choose. Think Frank and Pat Stanton have the benefit of being known names, but I hope people take the time to try and match the statements with their own ideas and choose the candidates based on that.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

think those are good points...my reflection on the Frank /Pat Stanton options is that in essence they are quite similar choices. They are both good pals, have a similar circle of friends. Both well kent faces in the Hibs club... Pat is a genuine Hibs legends ..obvs!

I guess I'm tending towards two different choices rather than two quite similar ....perhaps with one who will bring a different "Hibs fans" voice to the table..

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Big improvement on last time where some statements were brief or even non-existent.
    Alot of really good statements and a number who either run their own business or are successful professionally.

I would imagine Pat Stanton is very likely to get one of the nominations.

Do any of the other candidates post on here regularly out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Do any of the other candidates post on here regularly out of interest?
    I'm sure if they do they will make themselves known. Then again, depending on what they post they might not

@hibs.net private member
    Do season ticket holder get a vote?

Why is it only two support reps out of curisoity?

Having read all the statements I'm very impressed by what they are saying but not sure which one would represent me best. Hopefully get a chance to speak to some of them over the next couple of weeks.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Alot of really good statements and a number who either run their own business or are successful professionally.

I agree Jim...that said, I'm not sure we need successful businessmen/women in these role. We have enough commercial acumen around the board table.

What I would value is someone is "champion" of our voice. Someone who will represent the voice of the Hibs fan base around the board table. Someone who will stand up for things we care about and represents our views, rather than their own views.

In turn, they also need to be able to share back from the board the key messages too the Hibs fan base. An area that I've seen less of from the reps than I hoped. Not that i expect to agree with everything, but I would welcome different routes to get feedback more regularly.

Anyway, all the best to the reps - good on you for putting yourselves forward!

Impressive statements from people who clearly have a good deal of enthusiasm for the role.

All very well written statements and it looks like we will have two good reps whoever gets picked.

Two new reps then.

Pat and A N Other

Tracy is an Admin on the Hibs News page - so a very good chance she will get in. and Pat is a cert - but as has been discussed before its a bit daft that he is standing on the supporters ticket, its not like he's going to come on here and have a a chat with us.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I'm happy to see Frank and Amit continue for another term. There was always going to be a bit of a bedding in period with the new positions, and I feel it would be fair to let them have a proper run at it now the positions have been properly established. After this term would be a fairer time to think about electing others.
    One reason I won't be voting for Pat Stanton is that I really don't want to see a club hero on the receiving end of flak and criticism, which ultimately will come with the job.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Tracy is an Admin on the Hibs News page - so a very good chance she will get in. and Pat is a cert - but as has been discussed before its a bit daft that he is standing on the supporters ticket, its not like he's going to come on here and have a a chat with us.

Does she attend away games though? Amit doesn't bother his arse. Big Frank is at every game regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Does she attend away games though? Amit doesn't bother his arse. Big Frank is at every game regardless.
    Its a vote though...so nothing to do with how many away games you go to. She will have a 1000+ votes via that FB page. You don't get this role based on being the best candidate.

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    Pat and Frank for me

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Its a vote though...so nothing to do with how many away games you go to. She will have a 1000+ votes via that FB page. You don't get this role based on being the best candidate.

Well good luck to her but i know who's getting my votes.

You don't get this role based on being the best candidate.
    This unfortunately is true.

I'd be interested to know what the current reps feel has been achieved that wouldn't have been had there not been supporters reps. Certainly a question I'll ask at the meet and greet at the Hibs Club. I'd be interested in the other candidates thoughts as well.

Undoubtedly some very capable people on the list who have skills to be utilised but what changes are they going to bring about, or have been brought about, by fans for fans?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Good luck to all.
    Let the battle commence.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Arise Sir Patrick of Stanton.

You can represent me any day of the week.
    Ditto.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    The thing with Big Frank is despite him being able to get a free seat in all grounds he attends as a director he still buys season tickets home & away. He certainly is not in it for the free meal ticket.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Minute View Post
    Pat and Frank for me

I'd wonder how that pairing would gather the views of the non Hibs Club (and supporters club) fans...how would they engage with views from the websites (for example)?

Going to games helps but is that part of the criteria for selection?

I would rather someone who gets things done than just a face at games.

However ideally you have mix of both.

I've never spoken to Frank but seen him at many games but Amit has also kindly replied to a private message on here which I'm sure he receives loads so I appreciated that.

The bigger question is what is actually going to be achieved by those who get elected.

Issues I still see at the club..

PA / Tannoy system
    Food prices and quality at games
    Nonsense of ST ticket checks at home games
    Online ticket system issues
    Merchandise in the shop or lack of it (pre-order carry on)
    Stadium signage and making it more Hibs themed.
    Behind the goals costs - possible for a new supporters bar ?
    Signing section - growing it with flags and noise.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 25-01-2017 at 09:37 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I agree Jim...that said, I'm not sure we need successful businessmen/women in these role. We have enough commercial acumen around the board table.

What I would value is someone is "champion" of our voice. Someone who will represent the voice of the Hibs fan base around the board table. Someone who will stand up for things we care about and represents our views, rather than their own views.

In turn, they also need to be able to share back from the board the key messages too the Hibs fan base. An area that I've seen less of from the reps than I hoped. Not that i expect to agree with everything, but I would welcome different routes to get feedback more regularly.

Anyway, all the best to the reps - good on you for putting yourselves forward!
    Totally agree however was just raising the quality of the candidates rather than necessarily thinking they should be chosen because of that.

Not sure who to vote for and kind of bemused with Pat being involved in this as assumed this would be more for your run of the mill fan rather than an ex player and manager however entirely up to him.