hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar

Random memorabilia

Conscious that there is more to memorabilia than just programmes and cards. What does everyone have?

For me I have a photographic plate from 1951 of Ormand and Reilly plus a copy of the Golden Penny newspaper from about 1899 with a feature on Hibs

2. Log in to remove the advert

A couple of my favourites are a 1972 league cup winners tie and civic reception menu.
    I also have a autographed postcard which was sent to an Edinburgh address from our match in Albania v Besa.

First Team Breakthrough EastThomasSTboy's Avatar

Hibby Memorabilia.

I like collecting match-worn shirts & boots (have quite a few) and a white plank seat from the old cowshed, the counting mechanism and brass plate from an old turnstile from the Hibby end of the old enclosure, an old 1940s ball and a "Hibernians" 1940s rattle, but my favourite is collecting artwork/drawings/paintings, of all Hibs players.

First Team Breakthrough budgiemcb's Avatar
    Got loads of match worn shirts as well. A Mickey Weir shirt from 1991 is my latest edition and now favourite.

Got a few random things. Got the club ties that the team wore for the League Cup Final and the Scottish last year.

Also have the team photo from Cameron House on the morning of the Scottish that you see on Time for Heroes. That's a good unique one as there is not a lot of them apparently.

Got most of the replica shirts from 1991 onward as well. Trying to work my way back through to the 70's and 80's. If anyone has the Puma Thistle Strip and last year's away one in decent nick and in large I'd be interested.

I have a number of interesting items framed and on a wall.
    I have one framed item for each of the Famous Five. Think my favourite is the frame which has 3 items in it:
    The programme from Gordon Smiths testimonial (15/9/52), an original newspaper match report from the next day (Hibs won 7-3 against Man Utd) and a signed pic of Gordon Smith doing keepie uppie in training.

Whilst all the old stuff is great and clearly in limited supply now i think the SC memorabilia be it personal stuff, club produced stuff or artists work will be very very special to Hibees for a very long time to come. Ive been working on personal scrap book of the cup run for some time now with photos, tickets, newspaper reports, team sheets, program covers etc and it will be my favourite item once complete.

I have a lot of what would normally be called tat, mugs, scarfs, badges, anything with the club crest on it. Also menus etc from Players of Year, Hall of Fame, Annual accounts, fixture lists, calendars etc. Also have most of the Hibs related books ever written.
    It is amazing that when the were knocking down the old main stand they threw away lots and lots of stuff that many of us would love to have, official fixture lists and documents.

I used to collect autographs, mostly from when Eddie Turnbull was Manager and we trained at Jack Kane centre, sadly all were lost.

My pride and joy was a one foot section of the old wooden crossbar which I acquired early 80s. It sat proudly on a bedroom shelf. Sadly, as I recall it was around the miners strike and households in Bingham were burning anything that was combustable.

Sadly, as coal supplies dried out my Dad decided than an old lump of wood from my bedroom would make good burning. On my return from school I was horrified to see my beloved crossbar smouldering on the fire. Tears were welling and I returned to my bedroom to sulk for a few hours.

Things were never the same between my Dad and I, part of me thinks it was the jambo in him. I still miss that old crossbar 😆

I've got the salver Hibs gave West Ham when they played in 1998. Was part of the clear out West Ham had when leaving Boleyn Ground.

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I used to collect autographs, mostly from when Eddie Turnbull was Manager and we trained at Jack Kane centre, sadly all were lost.

My pride and joy was a one foot section of the old wooden crossbar which I acquired early 80s. It sat proudly on a bedroom shelf. Sadly, as I recall it was around the miners strike and households in Bingham were burning anything that was combustable.

Sadly, as coal supplies dried out my Dad decided than an old lump of wood from my bedroom would make good burning. On my return from school I was horrified to see my beloved crossbar smouldering on the fire. Tears were welling and I returned to my bedroom to sulk for a few hours.

Things were never the same between my Dad and I, part of me thinks it was the jambo in him. I still miss that old crossbar 😆
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I've got the salver Hibs gave West Ham when they played in 1998. Was part of the clear out West Ham had when leaving Boleyn Ground.
    Nice. A one off.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    I have one pair of Makalamby's gloves.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    I've got a signed Lewis Stevenson strip wishing me luck on my wedding day.

Mrs organised it and presented me with it on our wedding day during the speeches. I had no clue about it.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

My most treasured memorabilia is my dads scarves he used to wear before he was no longer able to attend any more having followed the hibs home and away religiously for well over 65 years.

Two scarfs I bought which I love the most is the one commemorating the 6-2 that says 'Easter Road Massacre 6-2' and I still have the hibs top I bought then too and the real wool tartan one. Other than that I have a collection of various tops, hats other scarfs from years gone by.

I recently picked up a great condition genuine hibs lager glass with the crown, football and laurels badge on it which was obviously the badge I grew up supporting the hibs and i'm chuffed to bits.

Like most folk on here I've lost loads of items through the years.

Now when attending matches I'll wear one of my dads scarves or if its the Yams I'll dig out the 6-2 Easter Road Massacre scarf and in a schoolboy manner taunt them with it.

Wore my dads scarf to the final and felt like a part of him was there.

Glory Glory

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by budgiemcb View Post
    Got loads of match worn shirts as well. A Mickey Weir shirt from 1991 is my latest edition and now favourite.

Got a few random things. Got the club ties that the team wore for the League Cup Final and the Scottish last year.

Also have the team photo from Cameron House on the morning of the Scottish that you see on Time for Heroes. That's a good unique one as there is not a lot of them apparently.

Got most of the replica shirts from 1991 onward as well. Trying to work my way back through to the 70's and 80's. If anyone has the Puma Thistle Strip and last year's away one in decent nick and in large I'd be interested.
    Where did you get the Cameron house photo from? Been looking for that

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Where did you get the Cameron house photo from? Been looking for that
    Got it off another collector mate. Cost me a replica '91 shirt. It gets a load of admirers I must admit.

I should have mentioned above but I've got Kevin Davies match shirt from when we played Bolton a few years back for Jussi Jasskelainen's testimonial. What a weekend that was!

I have a Scottish Cup runners up medal from 1958 that belonged to my Grandad. I also have an ashtray in the shape of the Nou Camp that he bought/was given depending on which version of the story you believe whilst there for the 4-4 draw. Numerous tie pins and the like from European travels along with some great personal photos of the team of the time and hand written letters home. A favourite of mine is one in which Barcelona are desribed as being 'quite a big club' 'I think they'll be not a bad team'.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    <---- Super John McGinn's right boot from the Scottish Cup Final.

Got him to sign it later on and now sits Pride of Place in a presentation box in my living room.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I have a Scottish Cup runners up medal from 1958 that belonged to my Grandad. I also have an ashtray in the shape of the Nou Camp that he bought/was given depending on which version of the story you believe whilst there for the 4-4 draw. Numerous tie pins and the like from European travels along with some great personal photos of the team of the time and hand written letters home. A favourite of mine is one in which Barcelona are desribed as being 'quite a big club' 'I think they'll be not a bad team'.
    Can I ask who your Grandad is? Must be fascinating to have a Hibs player in the family, especially from that era.

You can also tell me to GTF obviously 😀

First Team Breakthrough Virginia Hibs's Avatar
    I've got quite a few bits in the mancave across here but some of the random bits that stick out are the Players Lounge sign (wood with gold painted letters) from the old North Stand before it was demolished. Quite an honour to have the likes of Sauzee, Mixu et al applauding as I pulled up a chair and howfed it off the wall!

I also have a copy Hibernian Greats bound in green leather. There were only 5 of them made for the board at the time and they were displayed in the board room. However the bookbinders in Glasgow were a supplier of ours and knew I was a Hibee, made an extra one and presented it to me on my next visit.

I have all of the cup final shirts from the Livingston final on, signed by all of the squad up until last year. Despite my constant nagging the commercial team decided they didn't want to make the extra money by offering the limited edition framed shirts. That along with being given the runaround by them on shirt sponsoring this season led to my ¨life without Hibs¨this season

Loads of other stuff as well on display and or waiting on being framed and put up somewhere around the hoose! It's an addiction I tell you!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Have a famous five photo signed by Reilly and Turnbull.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Best one I have is a photo signed by 4 out of the Famous Five at the opening of the stand.

First Team Breakthrough Conrad Gray's Avatar
    I like to collect unusual/obscure items. One of my favourites is an invite to the Hibs annual dinner dance to Hearts Manager Bobby Seith. As it took place the week after 1.1.73, I wonder if he attended?

I would add a photo if I knew how to...... Can any one help me do this?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I have a nice framed photo of the 72 LC winning squad. A relaxed group shot in club Blazers surrounding the cup. Given to me by none other than Alex Cropley on the closing night of Cropleys.

clock.jpg

I have this clock on my old bedroom wall down at my Mammy's house, I reckon it's over thirty years old.

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Lad in my local has every single program from cup games hibs have been involved since 1958!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I have this
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Hibs View Post
    I've got quite a few bits in the mancave across here but some of the random bits that stick out are the Players Lounge sign (wood with gold painted letters) from the old North Stand before it was demolished. Quite an honour to have the likes of Sauzee, Mixu et al applauding as I pulled up a chair and howfed it off the wall!

I also have a copy Hibernian Greats bound in green leather. There were only 5 of them made for the board at the time and they were displayed in the board room. However the bookbinders in Glasgow were a supplier of ours and knew I was a Hibee, made an extra one and presented it to me on my next visit.

I have all of the cup final shirts from the Livingston final on, signed by all of the squad up until last year. Despite my constant nagging the commercial team decided they didn't want to make the extra money by offering the limited edition framed shirts. That along with being given the runaround by them on shirt sponsoring this season led to my ¨life without Hibs¨this season

Loads of other stuff as well on display and or waiting on being framed and put up somewhere around the hoose! It's an addiction I tell you!
    I couldn't believe they never done a limited edition for THEE cup final.
    Stick some piccies up of the man cave.
    Every male should have one.