hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jan/22/ltrident-malfunction-cover-up-claims-labour-urges-investigations

Astonishing.
    A chick in our defence against attack and she doesn't want to broadcast this in a public arena!! Outrageous!! I wonder why.

Churchill would never have done this. He would have sent the details to the German's.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    A chick in our defence against attack and she doesn't want to broadcast this in a public arena!! Outrageous!! I wonder why.

Churchill would never have done this. He would have sent the details to the German's.
    You really haven't bothered your arse to read the thread or find out what the 'outrage' is actually about, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    You really haven't bothered your arse to read the thread or find out what the 'outrage' is actually about, have you?
    I have bothered my arse and cannot believe people are nieve enough to be outraged at a common sense position.

I will never get the time back I wasted on reading the ***** I have read on this thread.

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    I have bothered my arse and cannot believe people are nieve enough to be outraged at a common sense position.

I will never get the time back I wasted on reading the ***** I have read on this thread.

Enjoy the video and then tell us again that she was right in her response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyNgAVdrwkM

EDIT: if you only want the Trident bit start after 14:30 minutes.

Q: When you made the speech in the House of Commons did you know about the misfire?
    A: I have every faith in Trident
    Q: Did you know it happened?
    A: she continued babbling on about the need for a nuclear deterrent
    Q: This is a very serious incident, did you know about it when you spoke in the House of Commons?
    A: The issue we were talking about in the House of Commons was a very serious issue, it was whether to renew Trident
    Q: Prime Minister, Did you know?
    A: There are tests that take place all the time, what we were talking about was, eh, um , the replacement...
    Q: I'm not going to get an answer about this, am I? In which case can I ask you one other question about social care?

This is not about whether it was in the public domain, it is about her knowing about the PM knowing and not giving the full information to parliament before a crucial vote. I wonder how many MPs would have voted the same way had the been aware of the facts?
    Last edited by Golden Fleece; 28-01-2017 at 02:47 PM.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Enjoy the video and then tell us again that she was right in her response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyNgAVdrwkM

EDIT: if you only want the Trident bit start after 14:30 minutes.

Q: When you made the speech in the House of Commons did you know about the misfire?
    A: I have every faith in Trident
    Q: Did you know it happened?
    A: she continued babbling on about the need for a nuclear deterrent
    Q: This is a very serious incident, did you know about it when you spoke in the House of Commons?
    A: The issue we were talking about in the House of Commons was a very serious issue, it was whether to renew Trident
    Q: Prime Minister, Did you know?
    A: There are tests that take place all the time, what we were talking about was, eh, um , the replacement...
    Q: I'm not going to get an answer about this, am I? In which case can I ask you one other question about social care?

This is not about whether it was in the public domain, it is about her knowing about the PM knowing and not giving the full information to parliament before a crucial vote. I wonder how many MPs would have voted the same way had the been aware of the facts?
    To answer your question at the end...probably about 99% of them.

Said it before, knowledge of the failed test would not have changed many people's minds on whether or not to have an independent nuclear based deterrent.

Not to say she shouldn't have just have answered nor that the information shouldn't have been disclosed just that if it had it would not have made one jot of difference.