hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

any city cab drivers - left my bag in cab last night

Hi

Left my hand luggage in a City Cab from airport at 17:30 last night to Broomhall only realising as cab drove off. Phoned city cabs who put a message out to drivers immediately but no info yet. Should I expect more? Driver was pretty chatty and gave out personal info which I won't post here but will be easy to identify. Had tablet and Kindle in it.

Ta

Andy

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Can't help but last Summer my wife's keys fell out her pocket in a taxi from our house to the airport. We assumed we had accidentally left them in the hotel safe, not thinking they would be in the taxi. The taxi driver turned up at our door one morning with the keys. Think that would have been Central we used though but hopefully you get your stuff back.

@hibs.net private member
    Ta

A taxi driver returned my season ticket previously that I didn't know I had lost. Can't understand why this guy didn't get the message with my mobile number sent to all drivers 5 minute after he dropped me off.

@hibs.net private member howdenthehibby's Avatar
    There are some street cabs that are allowed to pick up at the airport too , they don't have a radio

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by howdenthehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are some street cabs that are allowed to pick up at the airport too , they don't have a radio
    Ta. Went to the official city cabs rank. Always go there.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    Ta. Went to the official city cabs rank. Always go there.
    There's street cabs in the city cabs rank as well. They have to put city cabs stickers in their taxi, but they wouldn't get any messages regarding lost property.
    Your best bet is to contact the lost property department at fettes. There's also a chance that the next passenger your driver has picked up has taken it. I'm a street cab(not at the airport though) I will ask around when I go out to work later.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    There's street cabs in the city cabs rank as well. They have to put city cabs stickers in their taxi, but they wouldn't get any messages regarding lost property.
    Your best bet is to contact the lost property department at fettes. There's also a chance that the next passenger your driver has picked up has taken it. I'm a street cab(not at the airport though) I will ask around when I go out to work later.
    Thanks. City cabs were very good and put a message out twice. Fettes it is. Driver hadn't slept for three nights as has sick kid.