hibs.net Messageboard

Cup final (21/5/16) ?

Long shot I know but does anyone have or know of someone who has a spare cup final prog, obviously will pay for it, even over the odds but dont fancy paying silly money for it (although, bank of Wife may be persuaded) 😄

Any help appreciated

2. Log in to remove the advert

There was a massive print run for the final. Obviously there were plenty left over on the day as they were being sold at the parade.
    literally hundreds must have appeared on eBay in the last 8 months
    To my knowledge it has not been reprinted. Perhaps someone knows for sure.?
    IMO the price will never drop below the current price , roughly £20-£25 and will increase in future.
    I have not looked on eBay but I'm sure there will be some for sale.

It will be the holy grail programme for generations of Hibs fans to come. I have spoken to plenty of fans who are not collectors but will never part with the programme. It will be passed down to family.

if I was you I would bite the bullet and pick it up while you can

Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was a massive print run for the final. Obviously there were plenty left over on the day as they were being sold at the parade.
    literally hundreds must have appeared on eBay in the last 8 months
    To my knowledge it has not been reprinted. Perhaps someone knows for sure.?
    IMO the price will never drop below the current price , roughly £20-£25 and will increase in future.
    I have not looked on eBay but I'm sure there will be some for sale.

It will be the holy grail programme for generations of Hibs fans to come. I have spoken to plenty of fans who are not collectors but will never part with the programme. It will be passed down to family.

if I was you I would bite the bullet and pick it up while you can
    Cheers bud, yeah gonna be near impossible I think, looking back to that fantastic day, before the game I must have passed loads of programme vendors & never bloody bought one, Im not an avid collector nowadays but did have hundreds from 70s onwards, including the 79 final which I regretfully passed onto my god son a few years back 😄

Im sure a relative will have the recent cup final programme, gonna have to try be more pleasant to them, you never know 😆

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Cheers bud, yeah gonna be near impossible I think, looking back to that fantastic day, before the game I must have passed loads of programme vendors & never bloody bought one, Im not an avid collector nowadays but did have hundreds from 70s onwards, including the 79 final which I regretfully passed onto my god son a few years back ��

Im sure a relative will have the recent cup final programme, gonna have to try be more pleasant to them, you never know ��
    I would like one too. Unfortunately for me on the morning of the final my brother suddenly decided he wanted to go with me although I only had one ticket. I managed to obtain one for him on here however I had to meet the seller at a hotel in Rutherglen. Time he drove to mine then time we found the hotel and found my pre booked parking place I had paid for in advance we arrived at Hampden just before kick-off and had no time to hunt around for a programme. Don't get me wrong I was delighted my brother attended with me albeit in different sections of the ground. However all my plans had went to pot.

Just checked ebay and only one up for sale at 34 pounds with 5 days to go. The Yams are selling theirs for 4 pound 99 pence.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rangers-v-...gAAOSwNnRYgJxP

Might wait until last few seconds to bid on it as long as it doesn't go much higher.

Hey ho.
    Last edited by northstandhibby; 21-01-2017 at 05:45 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    How much are people willing to pay for these as der huns could be cashing in by punting them on eBay.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Price will even out over time
    I am actually after one if anyone has a spare. Happy to pay a reasonable price

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    I bought one at the parade on the Sunday for face price of a fiver, great decision it seems!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by portyhibernian View Post
    I bought one at the parade on the Sunday for face price of a fiver, great decision it seems!
    I didn't, and I've no idea why I didn't think that weekend to snap up a face value copy.

I'll wait a while and see if they eventually float back down to a reasonable price level again (£10-15) - a great one for the collection obviously!
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    I lost mine along with my scarf and a wee bit of my dignity somewhere in the weedge :-)
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    I have mine nicely sealed away. It was signed by Sir David Gray himself and I don't think I could ever part with it. It would have to be SERIOUSLY silly money for me to consider it.
    Hibernian Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by MacBean View Post
    I have mine nicely sealed away. It was signed by Sir David Gray himself and I don't think I could ever part with it. It would have to be SERIOUSLY silly money for me to consider it.
    Yeah, just rub it in eh !! 😖😄

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBean View Post
    Lovely to have but they won't ever reach silly money (unless you count 30 notes as serious), so you won't need to part with it.
    The Hertz replay and the Inverness replay are currently the more sought after it seems.