hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 377
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The lastest plan is to publish a weekly list of crimes commited by immigrants.

    I wonder if the native American people will be asked to contribute? It could take a while.....


    Think they are going to be too busy fending off another 'Conquista' from God's own people!

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...peline-protest


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    9,932
    Blog Entries
    1

  4. #123
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,236
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is beyond mental. Is there a site where someone is compiling everything he does and is that where your list came from? Cheers.
    Its currently doing the rounds on Facebook, I'm not sure of the source. The Guardian is doing a 'first 100 days' page that will update daily on all the mad **** going down. Even if he grabs Theresa by the blue waffle tomorrow..

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-daily-updates

    http://www.newstatesman.com/world/20...ast-seven-days
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 26-01-2017 at 11:19 PM.

  5. #124
    @hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    6,073
    As deplorable as Trump is, I can't help but feel like there is a jamboish like denial about how utterly horrific the clowns were that ruled before him. Change won't come till we know how we got to where we are and it wasn't through good leadership, good journalism or collective knowledge of what was really going on. The clowns that ran things, the presstitutes who call themselves journalists and the intellectuals who negligently let them carry on without so much as a whimper of protest are why Trump and others like him are being elected.

  6. #125
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,123
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed, let's keep putting fingers in ears and go la la la la la and watch as the likes of Brexit and Trump happen.

    Maybe if the people were listened to instead of being passed off as narrow minded twats as some on here have called them we would not be on this situation.
    This.

    Conservatives and New Labour should consider this when they reflect on their position in Scotland.

  7. #126
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,236
    I never really understood the 'it's all you tolerant people's fault for not being more intolerant that those other intolerant people win elections' argument, but...

    Whatever floats your boat.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 27-01-2017 at 07:32 AM.

  8. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed, let's keep putting fingers in ears and go la la la la la and watch as the likes of Brexit and Trump happen.

    Maybe if the people were listened to instead of being passed off as narrow minded twats as some on here have called them we would not be on this situation.
    It shouldn't have passed you by that a large amount did vote brexit because they are indeed narrow minded and little englanders who still live in the imperialist past of rule britannia. Seriously a heck of a lot of them were what you describe. However I totally get your point of the Islington elite and if there had been a decent opposition to brexit it would never have happened.

    Glory Glory

  9. #128
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,236
    The Trump May press conference was a laugh. Q-What do you two have in common? A-May-'we both have a desire to put the needs of ordinary working people front and centre.'

  10. #129
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,009
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Trump May press conference was a laugh. Q-What do you two have in common? A-May-'we both have a desire to put the needs of ordinary working people front and centre.'
    My jaw hit the deck at that point.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  11. #130
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,890
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Trump May press conference was a laugh. Q-What do you two have in common? A-May-'we both have a desire to put the needs of ordinary working people front and centre.'
    She probably believes that herself.

  12. #131
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She probably believes that herself.
    I don't think so. She knows trickle down economics is fantasy.

    The other classic was on NATO, where she got Trump to nod his agreement that he was 'committed to NATO' but then said she would be persuading 'other European partners to spend 2% of their GDP on defence, so the burden of defence could be more fairly distributed '.

    What right has she got to make these public demands on other nations? How would she react if the French said the UK should spend more on our health service, (maybe up to French levels of %of GDP), to reverse the crisis in A&E wards? Pure arrogance. But clearly just doing Trumps bidding.

  13. #132
    @hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think so. She knows trickle down economics is fantasy.

    The other classic was on NATO, where she got Trump to nod his agreement that he was 'committed to NATO' but then said she would be persuading 'other European partners to spend 2% of their GDP on defence, so the burden of defence could be more fairly distributed '.

    What right has she got to make these public demands on other nations? How would she react if the French said the UK should spend more on our health service, (maybe up to French levels of %of GDP), to reverse the crisis in A&E wards? Pure arrogance. But clearly just doing Trumps bidding.
    The 2% is a condition of membership so she would be reiterating what has already been agreed. I am sure that we make it but only by including pension payments among other things.

    Whether anything will change is questionable though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #133
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 2% is a condition of membership so she would be reiterating what has already been agreed. I am sure that we make it but only by including pension payments among other things.

    Whether anything will change is questionable though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's true of course, but raising the subject is only designed to divide.

  15. #134
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    7,920
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's true of course, but raising the subject is only designed to divide.
    Or maybe just maybe she was telling it how it is...want to be a member of NATO then you need to pull your weight? Doesn't seem to be the most outrageous of comments, especially when you look at the rather large disparity amongst the nations.

    Whether the 2% goal actually means anything is another question all together of course..

  16. #135
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,009
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think so. She knows trickle down economics is fantasy.

    The other classic was on NATO, where she got Trump to nod his agreement that he was 'committed to NATO' but then said she would be persuading 'other European partners to spend 2% of their GDP on defence, so the burden of defence could be more fairly distributed '.

    What right has she got to make these public demands on other nations? How would she react if the French said the UK should spend more on our health service, (maybe up to French levels of %of GDP), to reverse the crisis in A&E wards? Pure arrogance. But clearly just doing Trumps bidding.
    I have to reluctantly give her credit here, I thought she got this right. If we are in NATO, and an Independent Scotland will be, we have to pay the membership fee.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  17. #136
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,236
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to reluctantly give her credit here, I thought she got this right. If we are in NATO, and an Independent Scotland will be, we have to pay the membership fee.
    I understand the concept of collective responsibility. It's generally a good thing. But she's standing next to a man who is planning to tear up a host of agreements that represent post WW2 commonly understood norms about human rights, environmental protection and equality of opportunity. Its historically unprecedented isolationism.

  18. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand the concept of collective responsibility. It's generally a good thing. But she's standing next to a man who is planning to tear up a host of agreements that represent post WW2 commonly understood norms about human rights, environmental protection and equality of opportunity. Its historically unprecedented isolationism.
    Trump is a troglodyte caveman straight out of the stone age. An arrogant mysogynistic oaf who thinks if he didn't make it up or invent it it's not worth bothering about. A dangerous BNP type maniac who very unfortunately is in charge of one of the world's greatest powers.

    You couldn't make it up.

  19. #138
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    10,507
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand the concept of collective responsibility. It's generally a good thing. But she's standing next to a man who is planning to tear up a host of agreements that represent post WW2 commonly understood norms about human rights, environmental protection and equality of opportunity. Its historically unprecedented isolationism.
    It's worrying, but I don't think it's historically unprecedented. America has spent the vast majority of its history being isolationist. The down side for Trump is that they only became a super power by abandoning that policy.
    [SIGPIC]

  20. #139
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,123
    Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trump is a troglodyte caveman straight out of the stone age. An arrogant mysogynistic oaf who thinks if he didn't make it up or invent it it's not worth bothering about. A dangerous BNP type maniac who very unfortunately is in charge of one of the world's greatest powers.

    You couldn't make it up.
    I didn't particularly want Trump (or Brexit) and I don't particularly like Trump as a person. However, I don't think diminishing him adds any clarity to the current situation.

    I can see some positives from his approach which is very direct and gets results far more quickly than the naval staring, risk averse, self-serving approach which characterises the public sector in the west. I find that refreshing and I hope it shakes up the public sector generally.

    I also think replacing out current free trade arrangements with the EU by a free trade arrangement with the US could work well and be really interesting for us as a country. I would hope that it opens up a greater exchange between us.

    Neither of last years election/referendum result where what I would have chosen but we are where we are and that's democracy but I think we owe it to ourselves to make it work for our benefit as best we can and, if we do that right they may turn out for the best after all. Maybe.

  21. #140
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,009
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand the concept of collective responsibility. It's generally a good thing. But she's standing next to a man who is planning to tear up a host of agreements that represent post WW2 commonly understood norms about human rights, environmental protection and equality of opportunity. Its historically unprecedented isolationism.
    It was a strange exchange, it's very odd how she talked for him. I think he was supposed to mention his 100% commitment to NATO and had 'forgotten'. It will be interesting to see if still has 100% commitment to NATO in a few months time. Or given his actions so far, even in a few days.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  22. #141
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't particularly want Trump (or Brexit) and I don't particularly like Trump as a person. However, I don't think diminishing him adds any clarity to the current situation.

    I can see some positives from his approach which is very direct and gets results far more quickly than the naval staring, risk averse, self-serving approach which characterises the public sector in the west. I find that refreshing and I hope it shakes up the public sector generally.

    I also think replacing out current free trade arrangements with the EU by a free trade arrangement with the US could work well and be really interesting for us as a country. I would hope that it opens up a greater exchange between us.

    Neither of last years election/referendum result where what I would have chosen but we are where we are and that's democracy but I think we owe it to ourselves to make it work for our benefit as best we can and, if we do that right they may turn out for the best after all. Maybe.
    Having a British Prime Minister standing next to a man expressing his support for torture diminishes us all. The prospect of a hard Brexit (and May had no choice but to go down that route) has left us having to grovel to anybody who will listen to us in order to secure replacement free trade agreements.
    Donald Trump is a democratically elected fascist. I find that far from refreshing.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  23. #142
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,123
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having a British Prime Minister standing next to a man expressing his support for torture diminishes us all. The prospect of a hard Brexit (and May had no choice but to go down that route) has left us having to grovel to anybody who will listen to us in order to secure replacement free trade agreements.
    Donald Trump is a democratically elected fascist. I find that far from refreshing.
    What's do you propose she does?

    May backed remain too. The British people backed Brexit.

  24. #143
    Coaching Staff steakbake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gate 38
    Posts
    7,614
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...urkeys-erdogan

    "Fighter jets and predator drones"

    Jesus wept.

    Is there literally nothing that will pierce the armour of self-delusion? Arming dictators, flattering extremists - being outside the EU will be whoring ourselves to anyone that wants to buy the tools for killing.
    Last edited by steakbake; 28-01-2017 at 03:02 PM.

  25. #144
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's do you propose she does?

    May backed remain too. The British people backed Brexit.
    May backed nothing, she deliberately kept a low profile so she could count on both wings of the Tory party if the vote triggered a leadership contest. Forget taking a principled stand to back something she believed was better for the country, blind ambition came first.
    She could have waited to see just what a Donald Trump presidency looked like before rushing over to bask in the glow of his 'stunning' victory then inviting him for a state visit. Hours after she left he is going as far as he can to enforce a complete ban on Muslims entering the United States and is washing his hands of the plight of genuine refugees and she is off grovelling to Turkey to enter in to an arms deal with us. She will go down in history as one of the most incompetent PM's the UK has ever had. Hopefully she will also be the last PM the UK as we know it has.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  26. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    May backed nothing, she deliberately kept a low profile so she could count on both wings of the Tory party if the vote triggered a leadership contest. Forget taking a principled stand to back something she believed was better for the country, blind ambition came first.
    She could have waited to see just what a Donald Trump presidency looked like before rushing over to bask in the glow of his 'stunning' victory then inviting him for a state visit. Hours after she left he is going as far as he can to enforce a complete ban on Muslims entering the United States and is washing his hands of the plight of genuine refugees and she is off grovelling to Turkey to enter in to an arms deal with us. She will go down in history as one of the most incompetent PM's the UK has ever had. Hopefully she will also be the last PM the UK as we know it has.

    100% agree with the last sentence. Beyond disgusting.

  27. #146
    Coaching Staff Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Posts
    8,200

    The sight of May and Trump leaving their meeting hand in hand was sickening. Dangerous times ahead I fear.

  28. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's do you propose she does?

    May backed remain too. The British people backed Brexit.
    Brexit has deeply divided the British people. Scotland voted to remain in the EU and therefore has every right to be vexed at being ripped out of it as we as a country are more in line with the common good, civil rights/human rights, tolerance/respect and decency the EU has at its core.

    A hard Brexit will undoubtedly break up the UK and Ukip and the Tories will have no-one to blame but themselves albeit if Labour had actually been an opposition it would not have happened.

    Glory Glory

  29. #148
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,421
    Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brexit has deeply divided the British people. Scotland voted to remain in the EU and therefore has every right be vexed at being ripped out of it as we as a country are more in line with the common good, civil rights/human rights, tolerance/respect and decency the EU has at its core.

    A hard Brexit will undoubtedly break up the UK and Ukip and the Tories will have no-one to blame but themselves albeit if Labour had actually been an opposition it would not have happened.

    Glory Glory
    Playing Devil's Advocate here, but that's a bit like Trump's answer to Laura Kuensberg yesterday.

    I'm still waiting for that....

  30. #149
    As serious an issue as it is I did smile when I heard Nadhim Zahawi, pro Brexit MP, crying his eyes out on TV because he's effectively banned from the US at the moment. Given the linchpin of the leave campaign was 'control of our own borders' I would have thought he would have fully supported Trumps right to make that decision.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  31. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As serious an issue as it is I did smile when I heard Nadhim Zahawi, pro Brexit MP, crying his eyes out on TV because he's effectively banned from the US at the moment. Given the linchpin of the leave campaign was 'control of our own borders' I would have thought he would have fully supported Trumps right to make that decision.
    I didn't see the TV report you refer to but based on what you say it is the type of ironic contradiction that makes one wonder if the only 'leave' that's paramount among the likes of brexiteers such as Nadhim Zahawi is the loss of their brain matter.

    Glory Glory

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved