hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 377
  1. #61
    @hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best invest in US stock. Inflation will push it quite high, I think. He will present that as success.
    Buy American companies that make concrete, they are going to be doing a lot of building of stuff.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    206
    The majority at the protests are your usual champagne socialists, having a day trip away from which ever University Mummy and Daddy are pumping tens of thousands of dollars into in order to tweet to everyone how heatbreaking and tragic everything is before retiring for the evening for cocktails at whatever ****y student bar they piss away further funds on Dad's credit card.

  4. #63
    Coaching Staff steakbake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gate 38
    Posts
    7,611
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The majority at the protests are your usual champagne socialists, having a day trip away from which ever University Mummy and Daddy are pumping tens of thousands of dollars into in order to tweet to everyone how heatbreaking and tragic everything is before retiring for the evening for cocktails at whatever ****y student bar they piss away further funds on Dad's credit card.
    Yes, of course that's what it was.

  5. #64
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,310
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The majority at the protests are your usual champagne socialists, having a day trip away from which ever University Mummy and Daddy are pumping tens of thousands of dollars into in order to tweet to everyone how heatbreaking and tragic everything is before retiring for the evening for cocktails at whatever ****y student bar they piss away further funds on Dad's credit card.
    Right.



    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

  6. #65
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    9,810
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Buy American companies that make concrete, they are going to be doing a lot of building of stuff.
    I suggest investing in detergent products. They're gonna need a lot when the sh-ugar hits the fan.

  7. #66
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    7,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not convinced there is any direct correlation.
    Indeed. Could easily be argued that pushing up costs for US business by forcing them to manufacture in the US will drive down their competitiveness and thus their long term ability to make money. Not a positive for stock prices normally.

    Trump seems stuck in the physical world of coal mines and car manufacturers which is rather odd for what is meant to be one of the worlds most advanced economies.

    If I was American I would hope that most of his bluster is just that, saying what needs to be said to gain power and appease the people that put him there but behind it all he is going to play a rather smarter game...might be a forlorn hope but I suppose we will find out soon enough.

  8. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The majority at the protests are your usual champagne socialists, having a day trip away from which ever University Mummy and Daddy are pumping tens of thousands of dollars into in order to tweet to everyone how heatbreaking and tragic everything is before retiring for the evening for cocktails at whatever ****y student bar they piss away further funds on Dad's credit card.
    900 000 in New York and Washington alone suggests it's a bit more than the small band of professional protesters who you refer to.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  9. #68
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,094
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The majority at the protests are your usual champagne socialists, having a day trip away from which ever University Mummy and Daddy are pumping tens of thousands of dollars into in order to tweet to everyone how heatbreaking and tragic everything is before retiring for the evening for cocktails at whatever ****y student bar they piss away further funds on Dad's credit card.
    I look forward to your providing the data to back this statement up. In the absence of said data, I'll assume you're just havering reactionary drivel.

    Trump has declared ideological war on significant swathes of liberal America. Battle lines have been drawn and people are fighting back by demonstrating their opposition to him. Its healthy and is the essence of democracy. I was too lazy to attend the protest yesterday but I certainly might attend similar ones in the future.

  10. #69
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Buy American companies that make concrete, they are going to be doing a lot of building of stuff.
    Buy stocks in pepper spray! They are going to use alot of it by the way things are looking.

  11. #70
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The same as any demonstration. Raising awareness, and making sure that those in power know they're there.

    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    There will be many decent protestors I am sure but from what i can see online a lot of the protests have been hi-jacked by the BLM Groups & anti-white male SJW types. Then there is the respect my pro-nouns groups in attendance you know the ones who claim there are 76 different types of genders and that the doctors have got it all wrong deciding your gender when you are born.

    These people seem intent on doing nothing but causing trouble and taking away from the demonstrations that you mention.

  12. #71
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,310
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There will be many decent protestors I am sure but from what i can see online a lot of the protests have been hi-jacked by the BLM Groups & anti-white male SJW types. Then there is the respect my pro-nouns groups in attendance you know the ones who claim there are 76 different types of genders and that the doctors have got it all wrong deciding your gender when you are born.

    These people seem intent on doing nothing but causing trouble and taking away from the demonstrations that you mention.
    Those groups have their place, and their right to be heard. The LGBT section of the White House website has been removed apparently

    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

  13. #72
    Coaching Staff Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Posts
    8,178
    It's all right Teresa May is going over there to get him telt.

  14. #73
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    8,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very broadly, How do you think you best get a dissenting point across if you are an objector who opposed to any govts approach on any topic...?
    Very broadly you get as many people out onto the street as you can, you make banners and wave flags and make a lot of noise, you explain to the hundreds of media types in attendance who want an interview what you're gripe is ....... following that and in the hope that you have got the point across and you have galvanised more people to join you next time you go home.

  15. #74
    Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    50
    Posts
    15,114
    Was there not an election where the people decided?
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  16. #75
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was there not an election where the people decided?
    Yep, but the flip side of democracy is that the elected have to be held accountable for their actions and perceived inactions.

    Trump has been in office 48 hours and he's already upset the climate change lobby, the civil rights movement, the LGBT community and the world's media. Not a bad start 😂

    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

  17. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was there not an election where the people decided?
    3 million plus more people decided they actually prefered Clinton to Trump.

    Of course that's not how it works in the US so it's a moot point. What is relevant though is that a government has to be accountable to all citizens. It's a keystone of any democracy worth the name that the right to protest exists.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  18. #77
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    9,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3 million plus more people decided they actually prefered Clinton to Trump.

    Of course that's not how it works in the US so it's a moot point. What is relevant though is that a government has to be accountable to all citizens. It's a keystone of any democracy worth the name that the right to protest exists.
    Did you see Hillary's coupon at the inauguration? The lady looked totally shell-shocked.

  19. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3 million plus more people decided they actually prefered Clinton to Trump.

    Of course that's not how it works in the US so it's a moot point. What is relevant though is that a government has to be accountable to all citizens. It's a keystone of any democracy worth the name that the right to protest exists.
    its the same here

    ukip got more votes than the SNP and the liberal democrats combined , SNP have 56 seats , Liberals have 8 . UKIP only have 1

  20. #79
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,094
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    its the same here

    ukip got more votes than the SNP and the liberal democrats combined , SNP have 56 seats , Liberals have 8 . UKIP only have 1
    That's basic science though, it's statistically inevitable that narrow-minded twats are more equally distributed across the country than normal people.

  21. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's basic science though, it's statistically inevitable that narrow-minded twats are more equally distributed across the country than normal people.
    are you calling every ukip voter a narrow minded twat ?

    thats quite a narrow minded way to look at things .

  22. #81
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,094
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    are you calling every ukip voter a narrow minded twat ?

    thats quite a narrow minded way to look at things .
    Yes. Actually no, some are also ****s.

  23. #82
    my uncle lives in england and he voted for ukip , he is neither narrow minded or a twat . he voted for them because he felt he had no choice .

  24. #83
    @hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    between a brewery & distillery
    Posts
    11,204
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    my uncle lives in england and he voted for ukip , he is neither narrow minded or a twat . he voted for them because he felt he had no choice .
    He had a choice, he just made the wrong one
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  25. #84
    Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lisbon
    Posts
    5,896
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    my uncle lives in england and he voted for ukip , he is neither narrow minded or a twat . he voted for them because he felt he had no choice .
    Genuine question - why did he feel he had no choice? what was the issue or issues which decided it for him? and why did he feel that none of the other parties would represent his view on those issues?

  26. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Genuine question - why did he feel he had no choice? what was the issue or issues which decided it for him? and why did he feel that none of the other parties would represent his view on those issues?
    he was a lifelong labour voter just like my mother and grandparents and he felt the labour party no longer represented him . he would never vote tory and he would never vote liberal so his options as he saw them were either vote ukip or dont vote at all

    i dont agree with his choice but respect his right to make that choice

  27. #86
    Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lisbon
    Posts
    5,896
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he was a lifelong labour voter just like my mother and grandparents and he felt the labour party no longer represented him . he would never vote tory and he would never vote liberal so his options as he saw them were either vote ukip or dont vote at all

    i dont agree with his choice but respect his right to make that choice
    Did ukip´s "values" align with those of his traditional Labour supporting family? As you say, it was his choice, but given the context, I am struggling to understand the leap from trad Labour to ukip (not that it matters what I think etc. but I was just curious). I would have thought that not voting was the way to go, rather than endorse a party which is unashamedly racist.

  28. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did ukip´s "values" align with those of his traditional Labour supporting family? As you say, it was his choice, but given the context, I am struggling to understand the leap from trad Labour to ukip (not that it matters what I think etc. but I was just curious). I would have thought that not voting was the way to go, rather than endorse a party which is unashamedly racist.
    Ukip are nothing other than a disguised BNP. They managed to play on the fears of a huge amount of normally Labour voters without the normal outward xenophobia, racism and bigotry that the BNP is well known for of which would normally scare away a normal Labour voter. They pretended to be for the ordinary working class who had become disillusioned with Labour which had appeared to have become relevant to the London centric trendy Notting Hill type elite only.

    Ukip are an altogether disgusting extreme right wing party that managed to fool ordinary left of center working class folks into believing they were for them when all the time they were the extreme right wing BNP in disguise.

    I can only assume once it becomes clear to they voters that their only purpose was to tear the UK out of the EU which now it has happened will result in swingeing savage cuts coming down the line once the UK has exited that will hit the vulnerable and the poorest the hardest they will return to the real working folks parties.

    Glory Glory

  29. #88
    @hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    6,043
    Last edited by GreenLake; 23-01-2017 at 04:19 PM.

  30. #89
    Testimonial Due ACLeith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,037
    Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ukip are nothing other than a disguised BNP. They managed to play on the fears of a huge amount of normally Labour voters without the normal outward xenophobia, racism and bigotry that the BNP is well known for of which would normally scare away a normal Labour voter. They pretended to be for the ordinary working class who had become disillusioned with Labour which had appeared to have become relevant to the London centric trendy Notting Hill type elite only.

    Ukip are an altogether disgusting extreme right wing party that managed to fool ordinary left of center working class folks into believing they were for them when all the time they were the extreme right wing BNP in disguise.

    I can only assume once it becomes clear to they voters that their only purpose was to tear the UK out of the EU which now it has happened will result in swingeing savage cuts coming down the line once the UK has exited that will hit the vulnerable and the poorest the hardest they will return to the real working folks parties.

    Glory Glory
    100% this. At first the UKIP mantra was to attack the EU bloated bureaucracy and waste, some regardless of whether left, centre or right might agree with at least some of what they said if not the way they said it, but there was always suspicions it was a front for more ugly views.

    When they thought they were gaining support they quickly changed their tune to focus on immigration, which confirmed that they are really just the “BNP in suits”.

  31. #90
    @hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,152
    So everyone that votes Ukip is a twat and a BNP style racist, everyone that voted for Trump is similar so let's just ignore them and what they say and simply dismiss their fears and concerns as the thoughts of narrow minded twats. Yep that will work......look where that got us.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved