hibs.net Messageboard

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Results 1,051 to 1,070 of 1070
    First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't ask what you thought the organisers should do. I asked you what you would do/deem to be the correct type of protest, given your dismissal of what did take place.

As for making it easy for the right - and assuming you are not on that side of the spectrum - I tend to think that it is you, who by parroting their talking points, legitimises their stance. Arguing with the right is usually a futile exercise anyway.

By the way, how on earth do you get that a turnout that in your mind was so bad backs up the view that an elite is running things? You get that from a few vox pop interviews? And finally - I didn't have a piss-poor turnout. I had zero involvement and didn't attend. I do have respect for those who did, and think the pettiness of the criticism does you no favour.
    p

Would you not be better asking somebody whose skill set is getting the message out, rather than somebody who received it

What I would do is of no consequence. I've already told you I am a mentalist

I'm not a right winger, I think I know how they think though. I work with a lot of them. You are dealing with inverted snobs who basically see themselves as put on by "them"

It's kind of hard to tie them down to who "they" actually are, but it seems to be anybody who they see as looking down.

If my criticism is petty, it's a reaction to what I saw as foolish, futile and petty behaviour.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    p

Would you not be better asking somebody whose skill set is getting the message out, rather than somebody who received it

What I would do is of no consequence. I've already told you I am a mentalist

I'm not a right winger, I think I know how they think though. I work with a lot of them. You are dealing with inverted snobs who basically see themselves as put on by "them"

It's kind of hard to tie them down to who "they" actually are, but it seems to be anybody who they see as looking down.

If my criticism is petty, it's a reaction to what I saw as foolish, futile and petty behaviour.
    It is of consequence - I'm interested because you're so against what happened it just seems odd that you wouldn't have an idea of how it should have been done better. Criticising without any idea of an alternative is ultimately howling at the moon stuff.

I think you've nailed the right wings stance on things though - on that we can agree at least.

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Best thing chic Murray said

Do you know the battersea dogs home?

I didn't even know it had been away.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post

Are you a pole-vaulter?

No, I'm a German. How did you know my name was Wolter?
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 15-07-2018 at 08:56 PM.

God bless the internet 😂
    https://t.co/zs2JgmS4ez
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Are you a pole-vaulter?

No, I'm a German. How did you know my name was Wolter?
    Hope I've got this right.

I was looking out the window and saw this man walking past, and he lifted the gate off the hinges. I was going to go out and give him what for but was afraid he might take offence.
    #Persevered

Hope I've got this right.

I was looking out the window and saw this man walking past, and he lifted the gate off the hinges. I was going to go out and give him what for but was afraid he might take offence.

I knocked, and this woman opened the door in her nightgown.

I thought "funny place to have a door".

I knocked, and this woman opened the door in her nightgown.

I thought "funny place to have a door".
    I once met a cowboy who had trousers, shirt and hat made of brown paper, he was wanted for rustling.
    #Persevered

First Team Breakthrough

At last!

So, I was going to a wedding in Blackpool, and I asked this lady at the other table, "what's the best way to walk"

She said, "put one foot in front of the other".

I saw her later that day coming towards me in the street. I knew she was coming towards me, she was getting bigger all the time.

She had an incredibly long nose . the woman with the extraordinarily long nose. I've nothing against long noses – they run in our family.

When the woman hung her hooter in the air, she was able to say, with absolute certainty: "There's someone cooking cabbage in Manchester".
    Last edited by Chic Murray; Yesterday at 12:17 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    It is of consequence - I'm interested because you're so against what happened it just seems odd that you wouldn't have an idea of how it should have been done better. Criticising without any idea of an alternative is ultimately howling at the moon stuff.

I think you've nailed the right wings stance on things though - on that we can agree at least.
    Can't believe I spent the whole of yesterday doing anything that would remotely appear to be pro Trump.

After reflecting, the demo was meant to be silly, I get that now. If people chose that way to mark history's card, so be it.

You ask what I would do differently. Firstly, I'd be demonstrating at the Foreign Office.

I quite liked the poll tax riots as a way of changing things, and I also admire the Women in Black.

Trump is a buffoon just now, but I fear his second term may turn very sinister, I think our government should stay away

One thing on how people perceived it though. Next time you look at Jacob Rees - Mogg and think "that's everything that's wrong with the right". Stop for a minute and consider that some of the exhibitionists on display on Saturday are probably representative of how right wingers see the left.

I fear we are drifting into the Rainbow Coalition territory that was so disastrous in the 80s.

At last!

So, I was going to a wedding in Blackpool, and I asked this lady at the other table, "what's the best way to walk"

She said, "put one foot in front of the other".

I saw her later that day coming towards me in the street. I knew she was coming towards me, she was getting bigger all the time.

She had an incredibly long nose . the woman with the extraordinarily long nose. I've nothing against long noses Ė they run in our family.

When the woman hung her hooter in the air, she was able to say, with absolute certainty: "There's someone cooking cabbage in Manchester".
    She fell over, and her nose lodged in the tram tracks. So we just threw one of her legs over the power line and pushed her all the way to Squire's Gate.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    She fell over, and her nose lodged in the tram tracks. So we just threw one of her legs over the power line and pushed her all the way to Squire's Gate.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    The next day at breakfast they brought me honey. It was in a cup the size of a thimble. I said, "oh, I see you keep a bee'

The next day at breakfast they brought me honey. It was in a cup the size of a thimble. I said, "oh, I see you keep a bee'
    She asked me "Aperitif?"

"Why? Is the steak tough?"

"Would you like a Macon?"

"Why? You going to spill it?"

Sigh....

First Team Breakthrough
    She asked me "Aperitif?"

Sigh....
    I told my psychiatrist, "when I was five I wanted to be a doctor".

He said, "why didn't you?"

I said, "they didn't let five year olds into medical school".

I thought this was meant to be the Donald Trump thread?

Off you go, you small boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Iím certainly not a fan of mr Trump, nor am I against protesting against his policies and position as a world leader.

Iím not sure how all the personal insults used in protest sits with me in terms of criticising someone for being a hateful character, though. Maybe Iím just reading too much into it though.

I despise his fanboy Piers Morgan a lot more than trump though. I never seek to find Piers Morgan comments or pictures but somehow he always manages to appear. **** of the highest order.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Have you given the petit choux any more thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Iím certainly not a fan of mr Trump, nor am I against protesting against his policies and position as a world leader.

Iím not sure how all the personal insults used in protest sits with me in terms of criticising someone for being a hateful character, though. Maybe Iím just reading too much into it though.

I despise his fanboy Piers Morgan a lot more than trump though. I never seek to find Piers Morgan comments or pictures but somehow he always manages to appear. **** of the highest order.
    Morgan's an old hack and a wind-up merchant.

We should worry less about Trump and more about our own problems which are considerable.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    She asked me "Aperitif?"

Sigh....
    I was walking down the street with a half-bottle of whisky in my back pocket. I fell over and felt something wet down the back of my leg. I remember thinking "God, please let it be blood".......
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars