hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan ?

Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do folk actually still believe anything that comes from that "HFC Transfer News"?

Total slaver. Just makes things up. Pretty sure it was him who started the term "breaking rumour"
    Only if I've read it on the PM Board first.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Talk about covering the bases might as well have lobbed in the Dons as well...
    Why aren't Sevco in the mix? How can they not help one of their own in his hour of need?

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Id rather place an empty Hibs top on the park and play with a further 10 men than play with Allan. The empty top would probably have as much grace and respect for Hibs as Allan does to boot.

**** the little runt.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Id rather place an empty Hibs top on the park and play with a further 10 men than play with Allan. The empty top would probably have as much grace and respect for Hibs as Allan does to boot.

**** the little runt.

Now that's a strong feeling!

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Now that's a strong feeling!
    He's right though.

Would everyone be so forgiving of Allan if it was Hearts he tried to force a move to rather than Rangers?

I don't think Hibs are interested in him at all, this is just pure speculation.

Is Scott Allen the new Derek Riordan and there's going to be speculation during every transfer window about whether he's 'coming home'?

Cathro and Potter are very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Cathro I can understand as Scott Allan was very good in Football Manager 2012.

Scott Allan strikes me as being about a foot too small to be a Potter player though.

I think he'd be a good signing for next year in the Premier League.
    Talented boy if he can stay fit.

Quote Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
    I think he'd be a good signing for next year in the Premier League.
    Talented boy if he can stay fit.
    #handitin

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    #handitin
    I'm sorry but I don't know what that means!
    I'm old.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    You are normally pretty good with you're info Cat....but I believe you are wrong with this one (who told you this about Scott Allan ?)

I was told by a VERY good source (who I cannot name) that Hearts will not be signing Allan (they see him as a "bad egg"). They are now looking to sign a striker. Hope he's a dud like Connor Sammon !

Edit - If they end up signing Allan I'll never listen to my source again!

Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    He's right though.

Would everyone be so forgiving of Allan if it was Hearts he tried to force a move to rather than Rangers?
    Sorry but I detest Rangers/The Rangers more than Hearts.

Obviously in a match between the two teams I'd be hoping for 22 sendings off, nae hot water in the showers, gridlock both ways on the M8 and a widespread failing of heating or air conditioning (depending on the time of year) on all supporter coaches.

@hibs.net private member
    I'd take SA back without hesitation, we welcomed back IM and KT and both were just as bad if not worse with their comments and actions than SA. He is also one of the most gifted footballers to play at Hibs in the last 10 years.

Utter speculation, but if Celtic are looking at McGinn as one for the future, would they not think of offering us SA and Liam as part of a deal?

As far as him coming back I'd be well pleased - he's a good football player, knows the setup here and got on well with the squad, we could do a lot worse. Not happy how he treated us the last time but we're in the world of football, where fickleness rules and morals are few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    I agree with you and tbf it's a natural reaction to how he rejected playing for us when we desperately required all of our players to be fully committed to helping us get promoted. He caused a glitch at a time of need.

I fully appreciate there is a division among us with those like me and brianmc who would be set against having him back if it was to happen and those of us who would welcome him back.

But in saying that if he was to return and play like he can and commit to us for the foreseeable future he could earn himself some respect back but cannot see it unfortunately.

Hey ho.

Glory Glory
    Well, I do have to say in response to your post............he can get tae!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Allan is the best midfielder I've seen at Easter Road barring Brown. He can come back whenever he wants, don't care about his past behaviour.
    says you, but not me

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Allan playing in the role Shinnie and then Commons played in would be good. I'm happy to back Lennon's judgement either way. This season is all about getting out of this league. If fans have to hold their noses if we sign Allan then they should. There are still Hibs fans with nothing positive to say about Lennon which shows you're never going to please everyone.
    having not read all the posts yet, I will comment on yours. Allan, was a first class fud, along with his agent while engineering his move from us . FACT. he then somehow totally mucked it all up, while saying he wanted desperately to play for his beloved sevco, then sign for Celtic it's a funny auld game eh? he played the game of his life for us against Falkirk at Hampden and we should have been in the final but hey ho, we never made it. he has had his shot of glory, down South and eventually came hame and played for us. as far as I remember he actually said he wanted back doon there? we don't need his sort, we need decent hard working professionals, prepared to go the extra mile and win games.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I'd take SA back without hesitation, we welcomed back IM and KT and both were just as bad if not worse with their comments and actions than SA. He is also one of the most gifted footballers to play at Hibs in the last 10 years.
    the gentlemen you metion as being "welcomed back" were not such, by all Hibernian fans. you need to understand that. both made very derogatory remarks at times, mainly Thompson through the daily ranger and I for one don't forget that

It's a short career lads.
    Move on and forgive and forget.
    If he's fit and willing then he'd move us forward.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Utter speculation, but if Celtic are looking at McGinn as one for the future, would they not think of offering us SA and Liam as part of a deal?

As far as him coming back I'd be well pleased - he's a good football player, knows the setup here and got on well with the squad, we could do a lot worse. Not happy how he treated us the last time but we're in the world of football, where fickleness rules and morals are few and far between.
    you have a point, but I try to stick to my morals. I'm only a daft fan though

Quote Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
    It's a short career lads.
    Move on and forgive and forget.
    If he's fit and willing then he'd move us forward.

I remember when we lost Allan the first time and felt a bit "meh" about getting replacements called Henderson and McGinn.

Rule nothing out.

Left by mutual consent!
    Easy enough for me thought he was good not great not as good "IMO", Would he improve us? probably though not seen him play in quite a long time. His actions at the start of last season said it all about the club and support who were behind him in getting back on track.

I hope he signs for Dundee Utd as we are still winning this league and he can stay down here, no worries that Bartley can deal with him during any future encounters. To want to play for a club and in doing so try to play a part in keeping Hibs in this division says it all about him.

Bartley or Fyvie Allan in back pocket all day.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    the gentlemen you metion as being "welcomed back" were not such, by all Hibernian fans. you need to understand that. both made very derogatory remarks at times, mainly Thompson through the daily ranger and I for one don't forget that
    It's Thomson. 👍

@hibs.net private member
    SA is still on loan at Rotherham... and still not tracking back!

Copy and paste this into a new window. (Can't do quotes on this tablet).

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/01/19/in-training-he-stood-out-hes-outstanding-celtic-loanee-praised-by-championship-boss/322443/

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    the gentlemen you metion as being "welcomed back" were not such, by all Hibernian fans. you need to understand that. both made very d it erogatory remarks at times, mainly Thompson through the daily ranger and I for one don't forget that
    I'm sure it was Jackson who ghost wrote KTs column in the rag. I suspect the actual words that came out of KTs mouth were hugely twisted before they appeared in print. Jackson is a runt.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I'm sure it was Jackson who ghost wrote KTs column in the rag. I suspect the actual words that came out of KTs mouth were hugely twisted before they appeared in print. Jackson is a runt.
    If it was you then and you hadn't said what was printed under your name would you basically say nothing at the time? BTW Jackson is a runt but if it bothered KT at the time then he would and should have said. I believe later a lot later he eluded to having not said what was written but that is easy to say after the event.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    If anyone should have a problem with anyone over the whole KT fiasco, it is KT who should have a problem with Jackson (although I don't know what was ever said between those two).

Jackson's drivel in the paper drove a wedge between Hibs fans and KT that took a lot of breaking down. It might not yet even be broken down, in spite of the fact that he's played for us for free and played a major part in big results in our cup run amongst other things.

For his performances against Hearts, KT will forever be one of the unsung heroes of our cup win and that trumps everything else.

Jackson always has been and always will be a Rangers-minded ****bag who will continue to cause us problems as long as he works in the media.

Left by mutual consent!
    We do not need to like every player who plays for us.

I think KT is still a bawbag as is SA however going through the turnstyles for the 90mins all players get my support I will vent my feelings for players after match on here on a debating forum.

There are world class players whom I do not think much of as people but if played for us they would get my support but I still wouldn't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy69 View Post
    You are normally pretty good with you're info Cat....but I believe you are wrong with this one (who told you this about Scott Allan ?)

I was told by a VERY good source (who I cannot name) that Hearts will not be signing Allan (they see him as a "bad egg"). They are now looking to sign a striker. Hope he's a dud like Connor Sammon !

Edit - If they end up signing Allan I'll never listen to my source again!
    Really? Your source may well be correct mate. Was actually a player who told me about Cathro wanting him. Maybe Potter has overruled this?