hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar

Mobile Phone contracts and Credit Ratings

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone would have any advice for my issue...

I took a phone contract out with o2 last Tuesday after moving from Vodafone. However 8 days later, three sim cards down and hours spent on the phone it appears o2 have set my contract up incorrectly so that I am receiving no service. They have admitted it is a fault their end with the set up and I have no idea how it can be so complicated to sort. My issue was passed onto a backoffice team yesterday evening and I was told the wait now would be a further 2-5 days. This has been a daily pain of calling up and getting told to wait 24hrs day after day, and it feels like it will never get resolved.

Now I am totally unhappy with the poor service I have received, however I am worried that if I cancel the contract that is within the 14day "change your mind" period and get new credit with a different operator within this short period that this will show up as a black mark on my credit file? I have heard how the smallest thing can affect your rating.

Is this likely to be the case? The guy in the o2 store suggested it could be but I wasn't sure whether this was a ploy to keep me from cancelling? Any help from .netters in the know would be greatly appreciated
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Can't answer that specific question but I had real issues with my provider charging me for a new phone I didn't receive then charging me 300 termination fee.
    I was getting nowhere and was passed from pillar to post on the phone.
    Ended up messaging them on Facebook and the matter was cleared up straight away.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Sounds like rubbish to me. Social media is definitely the way forward to contact companies, especially via Twitter. Once it's in the public domain they will resolve it pronto. I've done this with a builder, EON and BT, the issues were resolved with a matter of hours, not weeks.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like rubbish to me. Social media is definitely the way forward to contact companies, especially via Twitter. Once it's in the public domain they will resolve it pronto. I've done this with a builder, EON and BT, the issues were resolved with a matter of hours, not weeks.
    Also, sending an email and copying in the email addresses of relevant directors usually expedites the process.

Relevant contacts for this issue can be found on google.
    mark.evans@telefonica.com - CEO
    mark.gait@telefonica.com - Head of Customer Service

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    If you have legitimate reason to cancel within the cooling off period (and you do) then this shouldn't affect your credit history.
    However, if you find it does then you can appeal & remove the entry from your history by getting in touch with the company and a credit rating agency. These rating agencies must act as arbitrators in some way as a colleague had a similar issue with a historic mobile phone contract proving problematic with a mortgage application.

Cancelling will be fine.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned 1,789.68!