hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would it be cheating to just name the family as they are likely to be from the same one?

A Brother
    B Sister
    C Offspring One
    D Offspring Two
    Yes it would but in keeping with the Jambo spirit.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Jambo E

made more than 300 competitive appearances for Heart of Midlothian.[1] The main highlight of his playing career was playing in the 1976 Scottish Cup Final, which Hearts lost 3–1 to Rangers.[2] He also played in the famous 0-7 New Year Edinburgh Derby defeat against Hibernian.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Jambo E

made more than 300 competitive appearances for Heart of Midlothian.[1] The main highlight of his playing career was playing in the 1976 Scottish Cup Final, which Hearts lost 3–1 to Rangers.[2] He also played in the famous 0-7 New Year Edinburgh Derby defeat against Hibernian.
    JJ?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Jambo E

Donald Ford?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Just for fun can you identify the Jambo from his profile?

Jambo A

Although he did not possess good technical ability, he was known for his physicality, man-marking, and concentration, and was notorious for his intense commitment, aggression, and occasional outrageous outbursts on the pitch, as well as his tendency to pick up cards.[

Jambo B

He was known for his tough-tackling, no nonsense style of play. He was a regular in the Hearts team throughout much of the 1980s and early 1990s, and was a member of the 1985–86team that lost the league title on the last game of the season to Celtic, and the 1986 Scottish Cup Final to Aberdeen.

Jambo C

Famed for his tough tackling and his 'no nonsense' approach, he was affectionately nicknamed 'Zico' after the Brazilian footballing genius of that name. After leaving the club in 1991 to continue his playing career with Airdrieonians, he returned to Hearts as reserve team coach in 1993, remaining at the club until 1996 when he became assistant manager at Falkirk.

Jambo D

Helped the club achieve its best performances in many years, only losing the 1985–86 Scottish Premier Division on goal difference thanks to a last day defeat at Dundee. He earned 2 international caps for Scotland, against Saudi Arabia and Malta, in 1988.
    A - thug

B - thug

C - thug

D - loser (Red-Neck Mackay?)

(I hadn't read the whole thread - just replied to the OP - but I see I'm right on the first three and chose the wrong loser. Co-hun - of course!)
    Last edited by --------; 18-01-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Jimmy Sandison was my bet for a few of them.

Incidentally, remember the mid 90s hertz mascot 'Hearty Harry' I think it was? I always thought someone just bought a large 'Neil Berry' costume and went with that instead of them getting a proper mascot outfit. Thug of a player.