hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Old Hibs Programs

I have just managed to take a couple of days out to go through my Hibs programs, put them in order and fully catalogue them. (just over 4000), anyway the wife is complaining about the amount of room they are taking up, so I have decided to try and get rid of some of the duplicated of which there are more than a 1000. Before I start the hassle of putting them on eBay, I thought that I would see if anyone on the Net was a fellow collector and had gaps in their collections that I could maybe help fill. I am not looking to make a fortune so would sell them at face value, the older ones I would be looking for a £1 or so, I guess that there is not many of you out there who still have threepenny bits (no s******ing in the back there). There are a few rare ones that I would have to sell for more. Their condition varies but most are in good nic. My collection starts in the late 40' early 50's but most of the doubles are from the late sixties onward. The vast majority of doublers are home ones but I also have quite a few away games as well, there is also some preseason friendlies as well as testimonials.

If anyone is looking for specific games please PM me and I will check if I have one available.

Out of interest how many others still collect progs?

Do you have the 1967 Hibs v Dundee ? It was my first game at ER so would like it for that reason although I don't collect them any more.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you have the 1967 Hibs v Dundee ? It was my first game at ER so would like it for that reason although I don't collect them any more.
    18th March, Hibs won 2-1, Stanton and Stevenson scores, sorry I only have the one for that game.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I still collect.

Mostly Hibs homes plus big games now though.

Have every Scottish Cup Final from 1957 to date apart from 1967.

Looking for Kilmarnock v. Hibs in 1991 Skol Cup winning run to complete that set.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I still collect.

Looking for Kilmarnock v. Hibs in 1991 Skol Cup winning run to complete that set.
    Sorry I can't help you with that one.

I require one home issue to complete my Hibs collection back to 1946/7. It is airdrie 47/8 in case anyone has a spare
    I thought I had every Hibs away European until a programme turned up for Keflavik. Brian in the programme shop turned it up.
    I'm complete with all other Hibs big match back to the war.
    Also collect back to the war, all Scottish and league cup finals, Scotland Homes, one per club per season pre 1970.
    I have a few pre war Hibs homes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I still collect.

I may be able to help you with this. Need to dig out the old programmes and check but 90% sure I have a copy

big-mo, do you have the hibs v morton (1-1) game 30/9/78 - my first game. thx

EDIT: after posting this I happened to look on ebay and found the first 24 programs of the 78/79 season which includes (I hope) the one I asked for,just under 15 quid . Thanks anyway. .
    Last edited by andybev1; 06-04-2017 at 12:05 PM.

@hibs.net private member Newcastlehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    I have that one. However a wee 13 year old boy coloured in the shirts of the 3 hibs players on the cover.
    It's yours ifyou still want it. Date was 26/8/67 and was in the league cup.
    Last edited by Newcastlehibby; 17-01-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcastlehibby View Post
    I have that one. However a wee 13 year old boy coloured in the shirts of the 3 hibs players on the cover.
    It's yours ifyou still want it. Date was 26/8/67 and was in the league cup.
    Thanks for the offer but it's the league game I'm after as Mo referred to = Stanton and Stevenson scoring in a 2 - 1 win.

Used to have some real rare ones, all the European games from the 50s and 60s in mint condition courtesy of a late relative but had to move them on sadly.

Also (and this is true) Hibs produced a binder of home programmes in the late 40s which I have seen with my own eyes, think they did it 2/3 times, must be worth an absolute fortune now.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Used to have some real rare ones, all the European games from the 50s and 60s in mint condition courtesy of a late relative but had to move them on sadly.

Also (and this is true) Hibs produced a binder of home programmes in the late 40s which I have seen with my own eyes, think they did it 2/3 times, must be worth an absolute fortune now.
    Bound volumes were produced from 49/50 to 61/2 except 55/6 season for some reason. 49/50 to 54/5 are valuable because they included all 4 page reserve and single sheet third team issues. Some BVs have appeared in the past on eBay, but not seen one for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by big-mo View Post
    I have just managed to take a couple of days out to go through my Hibs programs, put them in order and fully catalogue them. (just over 4000), anyway the wife is complaining about the amount of room they are taking up, so I have decided to try and get rid of some of the duplicated of which there are more than a 1000. Before I start the hassle of putting them on eBay, I thought that I would see if anyone on the Net was a fellow collector and had gaps in their collections that I could maybe help fill. I am not looking to make a fortune so would sell them at face value, the older ones I would be looking for a £1 or so, I guess that there is not many of you out there who still have threepenny bits (no s******ing in the back there). There are a few rare ones that I would have to sell for more. Their condition varies but most are in good nic. My collection starts in the late 40' early 50's but most of the doubles are from the late sixties onward. The vast majority of doublers are home ones but I also have quite a few away games as well, there is also some preseason friendlies as well as testimonials.

If anyone is looking for specific games please PM me and I will check if I have one available.

I have hundreds from the early 70s right up to mid 80s. Some of the early 70s ones - mainly from away games - have a lot of autographs on them. I used to collect them religiously but they are just stored away now. Got ones from Elland Road and Annfield amongst them.

I have loads from late 1960' onwards. Although I started collecting from mid-1980s myself (got given the earlier editions). I did tail off over the past 10 years but have got them all this season as this seasons programme is the best quality by far.

These stand out of the top of my head...

Barcelona 1961
    Hearts 7-0 game 1973
    Napoli 1960's
    Juventus 1960'
    Liverpool 1970s (home and away)
    Leeds 1970s
    6-2 game

And most if not all cup finals since 1960s....
    Last edited by RoxburghHibs; 17-01-2017 at 11:36 AM.

I had a fair few from back in the day that somebody gave to me, including a programme for Hibs v Real Madrid ..... just after the 2001 Scottish cup final I was in the wee programme shop on Albion Road and was told that the programme was pretty well worthless, which I found a bit strange in so much as that was the first time Real Madrid had been beaten by a British club.

I gave all my programmes away to my mates kid a wee while after, the only programme I now own is from 21/05/2016, its in a frame on the wall and will never be given away or sold

Ive PMd you Mo.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Ive PMd you Mo.
    Me too!

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Not on the subject of programmes but the recent prices of never seen before hibs cards on ebay are astronomical!

Quote Originally Posted by big-mo View Post

I used to have a few from the 60s and while there wasn't much to read, they are interesting as a piece of social history, even down to the adverts. However, my old dear put them out. (A long time ago!)

Btw, it's 'programme'.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Are folk on here looking for the Hibs v Keflavik programme from 73 to compete a collection? I'm sure I have that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by andy1875 View Post
    Are folk on here looking for the Hibs v Keflavik programme from 73 to compete a collection? I'm sure I have that somewhere.
    It's the Keflavik v. Hibs issue from the game in Iceland that's recently turned up. Very rare, no EasyJet in 1973.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    It's the Keflavik v. Hibs issue from the game in Iceland that's recently turned up. Very rare, no EasyJet in 1973.
    Ah gotcha. My bad, sorry for getting anyones hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by andy1875 View Post
    Ah gotcha. My bad, sorry for getting anyones hopes up.
    No problem, only found out one existed a few months ago.

First Team Breakthrough
    Anyone any idea how much the aek Athens program goes for now a days?

I've got hundreds upstairs. Not just hibs but loads of programmes from all over the world. I'd sell the lot except the 6-2 and the cup final one from May.

I'd like someone to take the lot off me in one go. I keep meaning to catalogue them so i can tell people what's there but never have time to do it. Will the bloke in albion road make an offer from a collection?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Did ICT produce a programme for the cup replay up there last season?

Quote Originally Posted by StevieCowan View Post
    Did ICT produce a programme for the cup replay up there last season?
    Yes. They are like hens teeth though.

Only rarer and more expensive

Cheers, wish I'd bought one (or ten) now

I just ordered them off the supplier after we won the cup. 2 quid.