hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Dylan McGeouch?

First Team Breakthrough

Dylan McGeouch?

Sorry if I missed a post...but is he injured again?....notice he was not even on bench last weekend?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Dalkeith Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry if I missed a post...but is he injured again?....notice he was not even on bench last weekend?
    quoted on the official site as having picked up a slight knock against Dundee U

He wasn't scared to put his foot into a tackle last week, he got clattered a few times.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    He's made of glass. With having Fyvie & McGinn I'd look to move him on in the summer if possible and replace with someone we will get more games out of.

A shame as he's a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    He's made of glass. With having Fyvie & McGinn I'd look to move him on in the summer if possible and replace with someone we will get more games out of.

Move McGeouch on ... behave

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    quoted on the official site as having picked up a slight knock against Dundee U
    Thanks...must have missed that

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Move McGeouch on ... behave
    Just my opinion. Not because of his ability, but don't feel we get anywhere near enough games out of him. We also have Fyvie who does a similar role. Bring in a midfielder who gets 10 or so goals a season.

Just my opinion. Not because of his ability, but don't feel we get anywhere near enough games out of him. We also have Fyvie who does a similar role. Bring in a midfielder who gets 10 or so goals a season.
    Fyvie has also missed a number of games both this and last with injury...wanna move him on too?? Behave mate 2 class players

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Fyvie has also missed a number of games both this and last with injury...wanna move him on too?? Behave mate 2 class players

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post
    Agree with this
    there are very few entertainers in football esp in Scotland. Dylan is one of them and were lucky to have him.

If he is on form he can keep the ball find space , take on players and pick a pass and can dictate play and a game
    Invaluable assett but as has been well documented his on going injury issues need to be managed and will ontomue to curtail his game time and thefore wecant rely on him Dont know if thete is going to be a cure but worth keeping this season and if he can get a full pre season under his belt then he can certainly do a job at a higher level

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    If he is on form he can keep the ball find space , take on players and pick a pass and can dictate play and a game
    Invaluable assett but as has been well documented his on going injury issues need to be managed and will ontomue to curtail his game time and thefore wecant rely on him Dont know if thete is going to be a cure but worth keeping this season and if he can get a full pre season under his belt then he can certainly do a job at a higher level
    If he is only fit for say 50% of games he's worth keeping. If he breaks down during games then that would be too disruptive. But that's not an issue

Can't believe some people want rid of our best player.

If he didn't make the final last season we'd have lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Can't believe some people want rid of our best player.

If he didn't make the final last season we'd have lost it.

He is our best player IMO and we look so much stronger with him in the team. He is able to control games and always looks like he has so much time on the ball.

I wouldn't say he is our best player and in the past I have moaned about his injury problems, but he certainly has loads of ability. I wonder if we get the best out of him, I would like to see him playing further forward in a Commons type role. A midfield of Fyvie McGeough McGinn with the same front 3 that played against Dun Utd I think would do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I wouldn't say he is our best player and in the past I have moaned about his injury problems, but he certainly has loads of ability. I wonder if we get the best out of him, I would like to see him playing further forward in a Commons type role. A midfield of Fyvie McGeough McGinn with the same front 3 that played against Dun Utd I think would do well.
    Best footballer

He is an artist. If he didn't have his injury issue he would still be at Celtic.
    I love watching him play. Keeps the ball just out of reach of opponents before gliding away from them.
    McGinn, Fyvie and Bartley do the running and McGeough is the Quarterback looking to thread the ball down the channels.
    Classy if a little glassy!

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    He is an artist. If he didn't have his injury issue he would still be at Celtic.
    I love watching him play. Keeps the ball just out of reach of opponents before gliding away from them.
    McGinn, Fyvie and Bartley do the running and McGeough is the Quarterback looking to thread the ball down the channels.
    Classy if a little glassy!
    Best post I've read on DMcG.

Both Fyvie and McGeouch signed in 2014/2015 season and since then McGeouch has made 72 appearances and Fyvie 62.

Fyvie signed 5 months after Dylan which is why he had played about 10 games less but overall they have played roughly the same amount of games.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 17-01-2017 at 05:49 AM.