hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hibernian FC In The Pink

We have HAD our pain.
    Promotion will be the next piece in the jigsaw with only a couple of payments to Sir Tom to complete the project.

Then it will be:
    Ground - Complete
    Training Ground - Complete
    Level - Premier League
    Debt - Nil
    Scottish Cup Winners - Recent
    League Cup Winners - Recent

3rd Place Rivals:
    Aberdeen - new ground to pay for. Ouch!
    Hearts - big new stand to pay for. Ouch

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Debt isn't nil.It's at least £4.5 million.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have HAD our pain.
    Promotion will be the next piece in the jigsaw with only a couple of payments to Sir Tom to complete the project.

Then it will be:
    Ground - Complete
    Training Ground - Complete
    Level - Premier League
    Debt - Nil
    Scottish Cup Winners - Recent
    League Cup Winners - Recent

3rd Place Rivals:
    Aberdeen - new ground to pay for. Ouch!
    Hearts - big new stand to pay for. Ouch

GGTTH
    Why not second place?

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    But is it not long-term debt from the construction of the new stands at Easter Road?

It is not short-term debt.

Paid over an agreed period at an agreed amount.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    But is it not long-term debt from the construction of the new stands at Easter Road?

Or is it debt we "only owe ourselves"?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

what difference does that make.It still has to be paid back(at half a million a year).

It's all about promotion. Get up and it's been a fabulous little holiday with a once in several lifetimes culture changing event thrown in.

Fail to go up and it's another crisis to negotiate.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    They're mortgages rather than bank debt though aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Debt is debt.The first 1200 STs will cover the annual repayment.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Debt is debt.The first 1200 STs will cover the annual repayment.
    They will indeed

But yet again it highlights the costs we have been running with in getting our stadium and training ground up to scratch that many of our peers have not yet incurred.

As those costs start to drop off for us they will be taking them on and saddled with them for decades

I sense the start of a golden era for Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Paid over an agreed period at an agreed amount.
    And at an agreed interest rate of zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Correct - the money is owed to our holding company, which in turn is owned by Farmer and Petrie.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    It's all about promotion. Get up and it's been a fabulous little holiday with a once in several lifetimes culture changing event thrown in.

I presume you mean the away trip to Cowdenbeath.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

So true.

Delighted that the hysteria has dissipated for now, but I imagine there will be at least one more bump in the road between here and our destination.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    So true.

Delighted that the hysteria has dissipated for now, but I imagine there will be at least one more bump in the road between here and our destination.

Losing McGinn, Fyvie and Keatings at the same time gave us problems and was Dundee Utd's chance and they couldn't take advantage.
    All 3 will all be up to speed before the next league game along with Humphrey and I expect Hibs to continue to increase the points gap from the rest especially if Commons is on board.

I'm not one for the green spectacles, but i really can't see them getting anywhere near us. They just don't have the players.

Losing McGinn, Fyvie and Keatings at the same time gave us problems and was Dundee Utd's chance and they couldn't take advantage.
    All 3 will all be up to speed before the next league game along with Humphrey and I expect Hibs to continue to increase the points gap from the rest especially if Commons is on board.

I'm not one for the green spectacles, but i really can't see them getting anywhere near us. They just don't have the players.
    We'll win the league by around 8-10 points.

Re the debt. If I remember correctly our only debt is to Sir Tom and we are paying him back at £500k per season at 0% interest.
    Not sure if I have jumped the gun but I thought there were only about 4 more payments to make.
    Does anyone have a more accurate figure?

Coaching Staff

It's been by far the best 3 years in decades Bob. We've reconnected with the fans, we've solidified and improved the fan base, there's a real bond to the club young and old, we've dominated every Derby since going down home and away, we've reached a quarter final, a semi, two finals, and won the holy grail - all since relegation - we needed the reality check big time.

Arguably our most successful period for decades, simply the wrong division.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Why not second place?
    Although Sevco have done their utmost to mess things up since they became a new club, they will improve again next season.
    This season they have already caught up with and passed Hearts and Aberdeen.
    Next season I expect them to finish well behind Celtic but a little ahead of Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    It's been by far the best 3 years in decades Bob. We've reconnected with the fans, we've solidified and improved the fan base, there's a real bond to the club young and old, we've dominated every Derby since going down home and away, we've reached a quarter final, a semi, two finals, and won the holy grail - all since relegation - we needed the reality check big time.

Spot on!!

Last season was the most mental one I can ever remember, even if we didn't win the cup, to get to 2 finals whilst being in the Championship has surely never been done in Scotland before, we seemed to have so many games towards the end of last season, all really vital ones as well.

We're on the up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    I presume you mean the away trip to Cowdenbeath.
    #persevered

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

It's an amazing paradox, and I agree. Our cup record in the lower division has been pretty astonishing - it seems as if we put so much into those big games in knockout tournaments, due to the bread-and-butter stuff being not so exciting. The cup win then ignited something in the fan base and community that even the SPL flag wouldn't have done. Astonishing to think that this team are in the lower division and playing in front of bigger crowds than Turnbull, McLeish and Mowbray's sides. Now we need to capitalise and get back in the top flight.

Quite a big caveat that is it not? 3 seasons for Hibs in the Scottish First Division does not equate to a successful league period IMO.

Great consistency in the cups right enough.

I forgot to add the 2 sendings off for Barclay that never where.
    So basically despite the injuries to vital players at the same time, Barclays duff sending off's and an inability to turn pressure into goals we still have a 6 points lead.
    There is no chance the second half of the season will go as badly.
    Promotion assured.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Quite a big caveat that is it not? 3 seasons for Hibs in the Scottish First Division does not equate to a successful league period IMO.

Great consistency in the cups right enough.
    3,years under Fenlon & Butcher in the SPL

Versus

3 years under Stubbs and Lennon

I absolutely know where I'd rather be and it's the last 3 years where our club has undoubtedly strengthened, won a cup, gained kudos and momentum, and lost the 'hibsd it' tag - this division has been a blessing in disguise in all manner of ways. No caveat, we needed it to totally restructure and refocus.

Coaching Staff
    Although Sevco have done their utmost to mess things up since they became a new club, they will improve again next season.
    This season they have already caught up with and passed Hearts and Aberdeen.
    Next season I expect them to finish well behind Celtic but a little ahead of Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen.
    I think Sevco are skint and if they start spending to try and close the gap with Celtic, an administration event is more than likely in the near future. All IMHO, of course.

what difference does that make.It still has to be paid back(at half a million a year).
    A bloody big difference.

Take a case of someone who has twenty years left on a mortgage owing £100,000 but has a current account in credit and £5,000 in a savings account. Net debt £95,000

Compare that with someone else living in rented accommodation who has a credit card maxed out with £2,500 and an overdraft of £5,000. Net debt £7,500.

Who has the bigger problem?

Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    I think Sevco are skint and if they start spending to try and close the gap with Celtic, an administration event is more than likely in the near future. All IMHO, of course.
    They are skint but every season they get fresh cash from almost 50,000 season tickets.
    Scottish Clubs get most of their income (the highest percentage in Europe) from getting people through the gates so they will languish in the void behind Celtic despite being idiots with their cash.
    David Murray really should have got the jail for what he did to their club including bringing in a daftie to take the helm as it was heading at speed for the wall.

They are skint but every season they get fresh cash from almost 50,000 season tickets.
    Scottish Clubs get most of their income (the highest percentage in Europe) from getting people through the gates so they will languish in the void behind Celtic despite being idiots with their cash.
    David Murray really should have got the jail for what he did to their club including bringing in a daftie to take the helm as it was heading at speed for the wall.
    Murray put over £100m into Rangers over his time in charge in order to try match Celtic who had no debt and a stadium with 10,000 extra seats in it. Without Murray they would just be where they are now, miles behind. None of the money Murray put in was his own of course, it was mostly debt from the Bank of Scotland that he would then transfer over to MIH. In the end he stiffed them for about £800m. And it still was not enough so he decided to try not paying tax.
    As Walter Smith says, he did what needed to be done. Without it Rangers crowds would collapse. We are about to see just how loyal the loyal are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Running to the newsagent at 5.45pm on a Sat. Part of growing up.