hibs.net Messageboard

One game at a time

After yesterday's win I read some of the comments referring to us winning the league as if it was a done deal ..!!
    While confidence can be a great thing to have , this level if over confidence doesn't sit comfortably with me, there is a long way to go and a few twists and turns to come, yes we are in a good position, but that much used saying "we need to take it ONE GAME AT A TIME " for me fits the bill exactly and am sure that's the message NL will be putting out to the players !

I think we are already the targets for all teams and some match officials, that we set ourselves up even more if we go about shooting our mouths off about promotion being ours already ...let's take it ONE GAME AT TIME as fans and support the team at every game to the maximum in atmosphere and numbers ..do our bit !! GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular howdenthehibby's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with a bit of confidence . But I've been a Hibby too long to take anything for granted. Of coarse I would love for us to to build up an uncatchable lead in the next few weeks so we can all relax a bit and break out the cigars . But we never do anything easy. This time I hope i'm wrong. Please
    make it happen Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After yesterday's win I read some of the comments referring to us winning the league as if it was a done deal ..!!
    While confidence can be a great thing to have , this level if over confidence doesn't sit comfortably with me, there is a long way to go and a few twists and turns to come, yes we are in a good position, but that much used saying "we need to take it ONE GAME AT A TIME " for me fits the bill exactly and am sure that's the message NL will be putting out to the players !

I think we are already the targets for all teams and some match officials, that we set ourselves up even more if we go about shooting our mouths off about promotion being ours already ...let's take it ONE GAME AT TIME as fans and support the team at every game to the maximum in atmosphere and numbers ..do our bit !! GGTTH
    Sensible words and approach.

When we were struggling a few weeks back and people were getting jumpy the cry was that 'nothing is won in December' and so on.

We are in a great position now but the same mindset should be applied. Nothing is decided in January and the swing from us having a lead to United catching and overtaking us to us overhauling them and opening a gap again should serve as a reminder as to how quickly things can change.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

The league is far from over, I suspect more twists and turns yet to come. Lets face it, hibs are not really known for doing things the easy way lol!

Dundee Utd seem to be the same as us last season though. We closed a very large gap with rangers then they beat us before new year and went firing ahead again. Hopefully we do the same. 6 points and a better GD of 15 is a nice wee cusion but it isn't big enough to be getting cocky about. One or two slip up from us and a couple Utd victories and they are right back in it and they're confidence will take a big boost. We have to just keep focused and keep doing what we're doing which is winning. We keep doing that and it wont matter what Utd do.

FWIW I think Utd will have more slip ups than us. Hopefully they are starting to feel a bit of pressure from Morton who are beginning to creep up on them.

First Team Regular Highland_Hibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Amusing Munch PSN ID: Amusing_Munch
    Nah balls to that. All season partaaay. Take a leaf out of the Leeds United fans song book. "Hibs. Are. Going. Up. Say Hibs are going up!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Highland_Hibee View Post
    Nah balls to that. All season partaaay. Take a leaf out of the Leeds United fans song book. "Hibs. Are. Going. Up. Say Hibs are going up!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its in our own hands and isn't far fetched to think we can stay ahead of the competition.

I think we'll keep winning............until we lose

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    When we were struggling a few weeks back and people were getting jumpy the cry was that 'nothing is won in December' and so on.

We are in a great position now but the same mindset should be applied. Nothing is decided in January and the swing from us having a lead to United catching and overtaking us to us overhauling them and opening a gap again should serve as a reminder as to how quickly things can change.
    Bang on! Time for big heads when titles won. Anything else on this rollercoaster is empty heads. Just keep the 3 points rolling, please!