hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: player ratings

player ratings

maybe a bit early to get feedback on performances from folk at the game.......

2. Log in to remove the advert

I should mention the pitch was awful and didn't help our players at all.

Laidlaw - 7 - Could have come for more than he did but was solid enough.

Gray - 5 - Poor, gave the ball away often and some poor touches.

McGregor/Fonts - 8 - Both very good, defended really well.

Lewis - 7 - defended very well, great run at the end to get us out.

Humphrey - 5 - Pretty anonymous really.

Marv - 7 - Fought really well.

Fyvie - 7 - Not his best but always looking for the ball and always fighting. Great pass lead to the goal.

Boyle - 4 - bit of a stinker

Commons - 7 - Lovely finish and unlucky with a few other efforts. Some great passes.

Cummings - NA - Not fair to rate him today, he was so isolated and was getting no service at all.

Subs

Holt - 7 - Made a big difference when he came on, we kept the ball so much better and he got us up the park.

Forster - 7 - won his battles.

McGinn - 6 - Not really involved.

We probably got it wrong today not starting with Holt, he made a big difference and is made for games like this. 3 points is all that matters, though.

I like Holt, glad he played well.

Gray had a goal saving tackle and a great clearance off the line. 5 seems incredibly harsh.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I should mention the pitch was awful and didn't help our players at all.

Laidlaw - 7 - Could have come for more than he did but was solid enough.

Gray - 5 - Poor, gave the ball away often and some poor touches.

McGregor/Fonts - 8 - Both very good, defended really well.

Lewis - 7 - defended very well, great run at the end to get us out.

Humphrey - 5 - Pretty anonymous really.

Marv - 7 - Fought really well.

Fyvie - 7 - Not his best but always looking for the ball and always fighting. Great pass lead to the goal.

Boyle - 4 - bit of a stinker

Commons - 7 - Lovely finish and unlucky with a few other efforts. Some great passes.

Cummings - NA - Not fair to rate him today, he was so isolated and was getting no service at all.

Subs

Holt - 7 - Made a big difference when he came on, we kept the ball so much better and he got us up the park.

Forster - 7 - won his battles.

McGinn - 6 - Not really involved.

We probably got it wrong today not starting with Holt, he made a big difference and is made for games like this. 3 points is all that matters, though.
    Generous. Fontaine was poor in the first half, as was Lewis (although they were much better in the 2nd) and McGregor wasn't much better in the 2nd.

I'd give Fyvie and Laidlaw pass marks but all the others could have done better. Gray had some tremendous blocks but I agree he was poor otherwise. Great 3 points though.

Back from game..

Keeper solid except 1 poor kick.

Back 4 good - probably our best players. All made good blocks including Grays in 1st half which was going in. Didn't get too much help from midfield not tracking runners.

Bartley - needed him in there today - again battled hard.

Fyvie - decent first game back but look tired with heavy pitch.

Humphrey - typical wingers performance - same with Boyle who had chances but was more effective.

Commons - right footed goal - faded out game but hopefully stays

Cummings - got zero service and when he did was asked to do a lot.

Subs..

Holt - really good when he came on - used strength and experience to make a difference - win flick ons etc.

Jordan - did really well also - great block and didn't get bullied by Nade

McGinn - did ok with limited touches.

Overall..so glad we got the 3 points.

They had several chances..Nade nearly a tap in at end..you could see Lennon delighted with win

Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    Gray had a goal saving tackle and a great clearance off the line. 5 seems incredibly harsh.
    This.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'd forgotten about that. He was still poor though IMO, some awful touches and clearances. Gray on a bad day is still part of a defence that keeps a clean sheet and still better than some of the dross we've had a rightback over the years.

Strange to me how Fyvie goes straight back in to the team but Mcginn is still on the bench?

Not sure if it's a fitness thing but if not Lennon might have got that one wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jackkennedy1 View Post
    Strange to me how Fyvie goes straight back in to the team but Mcginn is still on the bench?

Not sure if it's a fitness thing but if not Lennon might have got that one wrong.
    Do we know why McGeouch wasn't in the squad yet?

I thought Fyvie was best Hibs player today, certainly first half as he tried to drive us on. I thought Gray had a few dodgy moments but two superb tackles and cleared the ball off the line. Fontaine was weak today as he sold himself on a number of occasions and as usual his distribution was poor. I would give passmarks to Laidlaw, McGregor and Fyvie. I have to say Lennon called it right with a change in formation near the end and bringing on Holt as from that point we could have scored on two or three occasions and put the game to bed. A good win if not a good performance and winning ugly wins leagues.

It was a poor performance but we got the result. Agree with those who say it was a game made for Holt, but hard to change an (almost bar Dylan and Hanlon) line up which played with such verve v Utd.

Best you can say about it is that it is done.

One of the best things about fyvie imo, is that he is a leader and demands the highest standard every game from the players in the team. He always tries to drive us on.

This was highlighted in the cup final DVD imo.

A player with a lot of ambition who will go on to play at a high level again.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    One of the best things about fyvie imo, is that he is a leader and demands the highest standard every game from the players in the team. He always tries to drive us on.

He's already playing with a high level club and once we get promoted will be playing again at a high level.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Do we know why McGeouch wasn't in the squad yet?
    Was he not rested for this one?

Seems wise given the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

completly agree with hibs.......

Was just gonna comment on this too..saved our skins a few times today did SDG

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    For me the only two players that played really well were Laidlaw and McGregor.

Others played their part but not many could claim they played well.

Result was much better than the performance IMHO.

Biggest plus for me is that it is another hard game out the way, more because of the venue than the team.

Three games into the second half of the campaign and 9 points out of 9 from 3 hard fixtures.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    He's already playing with a high level club and once we get promoted will be playing again at a high level.

Only if he signs a new contract.

Vital player for us, gives drive and effort, combined with no little skill. A player I rate as very important to the present and future ambitions of this team.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfuddyhibby View Post
    Only if he signs a new contract.

Vital player for us, gives drive and effort, combined with no little skill. A player I rate as very important to the present and future ambitions of this team.
    Good chance of re-Signing him if we go up otherwise zero - he would walk into almost every SPFL team

Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    Good chance of re-Signing him if we go up otherwise zero - he would walk into almost every SPFL team
    It's not zero as he is loving playing for Hibs and I know he would consider staying regardless of what division we are in. But it certainly will rubber stamp his future if we do get promoted.