hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't watch Dumbarton every week but would be interested to see how that compares for them. Could thehnplay better or were they are maximum.

You are right about dangerous areas though - for me it was lazy pressing from Hibs.

Press these teams and they make mistakes. Sit off and allow them time to launch balls into the box and you get asked questions.

We did have chances obviously but as others have said always after a big win it's important just to grind out the next 3 points.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just watched the highlights and very little in the game yesterday if they are representative. Boyle could have had a hatrick and Nade's miss was as bad as described. I can't remember the last time a team had the ball in our box so often and had as many decent opportunities to score. Some fantastic last ditch blocks and tackles but worrying they got in the positions in the first place, The pitch didn't look too bad to me. Ball was rolling ok and it is way better than places like Alloa. Looks like we just had an off day perhaps due to running out in front of a full ER last week and then seeing a single stand on one side that holds the same as the FF lower this week. The performance looked pretty poor but the 3 points are vital.

I think the Rose game is at a good time. It will give us a break from league football and give time for Fyvie and McGinn to get their match fitness back. Also a good chance to come up with a team/shape if Commons is to leave so we are ready for the next league game.
    The pitch was awful I was there yesterday and u won't see on the highlights the awful bounces and bobbles...not to mention the dip between corner flag and edge of box at river end of pitch

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    I like to get the job done and dusted myself but fair play to you DBS!!!

Glory Glory
    Okay you will 12-0 Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Why settle for that Bob? If we've taken them to the cleaners with 30 minutes to go, I would pile the pressure on and score as many as possible...... double figures please. Remember, they are fighting their corner with the full support and encouragement of HOMFC whose supporters fancy us to bottle it and lose the game.
    Ok 13-0. Any advance?

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    It is the visits to Dumbarton that are beginning to define our season. We won on both visits and Dundee United lost both. For that alone, we have a six point gap.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    The pitch was awful I was there yesterday and u won't see on the highlights the awful bounces and bobbles...not to mention the dip between corner flag and edge of box at river end of pitch

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Does the ball roll differently when it isn't being filmed for the highlights. Point taken about the dip but the only thing that would make much of a difference is the size of the pitch, as it is very small. From the highlights we dodged a bullet. I wasn't there so the editor may have fooled me but I was there the last time and we were very poor that day too. None of that matters of course as we got 6 points from 2 visits and hopefully we will only discuss Dumbarton's pitch when we play them in a cup competition.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Does the ball roll differently when it isn't being filmed for the highlights. Point taken about the dip but the only thing that would make much of a difference is the size of the pitch, as it is very small. From the highlights we dodged a bullet. I wasn't there so the editor may have fooled me but I was there the last time and we were very poor that day too. None of that matters of course as we got 6 points from 2 visits and hopefully we will only discuss Dumbarton's pitch when we play them in a cup competition.
    I've not seen the highlights yet, but I endorse Borderhibbie76 remarks on the surface. The ball was bobbling about all the way through the game. The loud cheer that greeted full time was evidence of the relief that we had managed to win on what was a testing surface. I overheard a lot of fans near me commenting on the fiery pitch.