hibs.net Messageboard

What are we going to get on the pitch today ??

Heading to Dumbarton today, I have no idea what to expect from us on the park , for a few reasons
    1) we have a very good squad available to choose from.
    2) the pitch and conditions make every game there difficult to play on,
    3) NL has made some surprise team selections in games and for me this is no different .
    4) will we go for the jugular from the start with a high intensity style or be patient ? Or what ?
    5) what will be the players attitudes be like, will they be up for it or think the UTD result is a job done ?
    6) How many woeful decisions will the referee make that adversely impact on us ?

The above is not aimed to be negative at all, its just what's going through my head in the lead up to a really important game. it's this type of game that can define whether or not we will win this league and yes, there is a long way to go but our last game set out our potential, now we need to back it up. It's these scenarios previously that we have fallen short ..thoughts folks !!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Ever game is an important one, 4 points is not a big enough comfort blanket. We still should be going for 3 points and hoping Utd continue to drop some. There should be no complacency until the league is mathematically won.
    I don't care about record number of points or how quickly it's won as long as we are top with auto promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 points, nothing else matters. Fight, kick, cheat whatever. Just bloody win.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3 points, nothing else matters. Fight, kick, cheat whatever. Just bloody win.
    Agree win is all that matters. Think we will make a statement 3 or 4.

Weather looks ok, cold though dry and little wind.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Expecting a bit of a battle today but we should win by a couple if the momentum from the Dundee Utd win is there. Attacking down the wings and keeping the supply to Cummings going will be vital. 3-1 Hibs.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Think thete wil be Frost on the Pitch Temperature wont be above. 4 Degrees

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    We will get three points and a win. Repeat the same way that we put United away. High tempo from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    Heading to Dumbarton today, I have no idea what to expect from us on the park , for a few reasons
    1) we have a very good squad available to choose from.
    2) the pitch and conditions make every game there difficult to play on,
    3) NL has made some surprise team selections in games and for me this is no different .
    4) will we go for the jugular from the start with a high intensity style or be patient ? Or what ?
    5) what will be the players attitudes be like, will they be up for it or think the UTD result is a job done ?
    6) How many woeful decisions will the referee make that adversely impact on us ?

The above is not aimed to be negative at all, its just what's going through my head in the lead up to a really important game. it's this type of game that can define whether or not we will win this league and yes, there is a long way to go but our last game set out our potential, now we need to back it up. It's these scenarios previously that we have fallen short ..thoughts folks !!!
    Is the pitch worse than their aptly named Boghead ground?

@hibs.net private member
    A win today. Nothing else will do.

@hibs.net private member
    Predicted the score the last time there correctly and I'm going for the same again, a very hard fought 1-0 victory. Cummings with the goal.

Hopefully same team or McGinn starting the only change.

Let's keep Holt and Graham as subs - although it's good to have target men as an option most defences would rather play against high balls than quick clever players we now have available

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Team bus just st about to leave the Marriott 👍🏻

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Think thete wil be Frost on the Pitch Temperature wont be above. 4 Degrees
    No danger. It's a beautiful day, and the ground is soft.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Hopefully same team or McGinn starting the only change.

Let's keep Holt and Graham as subs - although it's good to have target men as an option most defences would rather play against high balls than quick clever players we now have available
    Good point. Keep the ball on the deck, decent passing and using the wing play of Humphrey and Boyle with JC up front and and we should win this match. Not saying it's going to be easy as it never seems to be at Dumbarton. 0-2 for me with JC and Boyle on the score-sheet albeit any winning scoreline will suffice.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Hibs just tweeted a photo of the pitch, looking in good nick