hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you obliged to give evidence for the defence.
    If you're cited as a witness, and don't attend, you can be arrested.

Pretty sure that's the case for prosecution and defence witnesses.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    If it's hacking you off, you can make a complaint. The Police would be duty bound to act on it.

Given the scrutiny everybody else on the park seems have had from the SP, it is bewildering this incident appears to have been overlooked.
    The fact that a registered complaint will be required to get the SP to activate an investigation speaks volumes about their chosen lines of focus, IMO.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Given the scrutiny everybody else on the park seems have had from the SP, it is bewildering this incident appears to have been overlooked.
    The fact that a registered complaint will be required to get the SP to activate an investigation speaks volumes about their chosen lines of focus, IMO.
    Exactly!

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    The Rangers security guy who takes a swipe at the young Hibby is most likely a former Glasgow Polis.

Absolutely no chance of him being collared by his former colleagues .

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    The Rangers security guy who takes a swipe at the young Hibby is most likely a former Glasgow Polis.

Absolutely no chance of him being collared by his former colleagues .
    Not actually seen this but is there a clear image of it happening? If so it's straightforward to share a bit of the load and do the investigation for police Glasgow and highlight it for them

" I spent some of the happiest days of my football playing life at Easter Road" - Sir Matt Busby

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by indiejak1413 View Post
    It's an absolute joke..I know this lad and his family personally , he's gown up with all my sons and never been any bother. Typical over reaction by the authorities because they fu$%ed up on the day of the final.Nothing but a scapegoat.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I don't know him but totally agree. His first mistake was pleading guilty to abusive gestures towards Foderingham and then got the book thrown at him as they wanted "to make an example". Nearly every Rangers fan pled not guilty waiting months to have their case heard. Is it a coincidence his charge appears a day before the sentencing of a Rangers fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Not actually seen this but is there a clear image of it happening? If so it's straightforward to share a bit of the load and do the investigation for police Glasgow and highlight it for them

" I spent some of the happiest days of my football playing life at Easter Road" - Sir Matt Busby
    There's a 20 sec video clip on the DR's site. Here's stills from the video at 16 seconds in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by snooky; 13-01-2017 at 09:03 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    There's a 20 sec video clip on the DR's site. Here's stills from the video at 16 seconds in.
    Jeez, so if you were looking at prosecution without fear or favour and doing it efficiently this is an easy high profile prosecution with quality images available. It's a lot worse looking than some of the stuff police Glasgow have been appealing to the public to help identify

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    I don't know him but totally agree. His first mistake was pleading guilty to abusive gestures towards Foderingham and then got the book thrown at him as they wanted "to make an example". Nearly every Rangers fan pled not guilty waiting months to have their case heard. Is it a coincidence his charge appears a day before the sentencing of a Rangers fan?
    It's no coincidence at all. The *******s at Police Scotland are hanging him out to dry.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Does anyone actually know that he hasn't been charged?

For all we know, he's been charged, pled guilty and been fined.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Surely the story would have been in the daily record

United we stand here....

That was my original question, CWG.
    You'd think if the gentleman concerned was associated with the SFA or TRFC and was charged, it would make the headlines ..... or maybe not.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It's no coincidence at all. The *******s at Police Scotland are hanging him out to dry.
    Police Scotland don't (nor can influence) court date sittings - that's the Clerk of the courts job. The lad was overtaken by emotion it's clear, but let's be realistic - we are all accountable for our own actions.

Knowing many many cops I'm sure they wanted home early and not having to deal with a pitch invasion with fighting.

Don't get me wrong marinello, I'd rather see police time tackling other things, but we made this an easy decision for them when fans invaded the pitch - those that committed offences, from both sides, have to take their punishment - that's not the police's fault.

First Team Regular
    It looks like the rangers thug who kicked the young hibs fan sliding on his knees has been jailed for 9 months .

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Police Scotland don't (nor can influence) court date sittings - that's the Clerk of the courts job. The lad was overtaken by emotion it's clear, but let's be realistic - we are all accountable for our own actions.

Knowing many many cops I'm sure they wanted home early and not having to deal with a pitch invasion with fighting.

Don't get me wrong marinello, I'd rather see police time tackling other things, but we made this an easy decision for them when fans invaded the pitch - those that committed offences, from both sides, have to take their punishment - that's not the police's fault.
    I'm sorry but that is utter rubbish. The west coast police are and always have been a bunch of Rangers supporting Masons. This is a witch hunt.

Do I wish that there hadn't been a pitch invasion...yes

Would the same be happening if Sevco had won against another club and invaded the pitch...No

Sevco themselves, set the tone for this..with their baseless accusations of "every player being assaulted" they are liars and ****bags and the police are their henchmen.

There has been over 100 arrested so none of us know whether this guy is one of them.
    Legal experts will know better than me but I can't recall ever reading about anyone being charged with assaulting an unknown person so unless the cops know the identity of the Hibs fan who was kicked then I can't see him being charged with assault. Possible to charge him with a breach of the peace I suppose??

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    I'm sorry but that is utter rubbish. The west coast police are and always have been a bunch of Rangers supporting Masons. This is a witch hunt.

Would the same be happening if Sevco had won against another club and invaded the pitch...No

Sevco themselves, set the tone for this..with their baseless accusations of "every player being assaulted" they are liars and ****bags and the police are their henchmen.

Coaching Staff

Maybe worth doing a FOI request and seeing how many The Rangers fans have been arrested. So far, I'd say more than Hibs.

Don't know your age, but I'll agree historically the police through there have been far more heavy handed over the decades I've been following Hibs.

But let's not go anywhere near 'conspiracy' theories - not only were the eyes of the world on Hampden by media, the stadium boasts some of the best CCTV in football.

If fingers of 'blame' are to be pointed I'd be firmly placing them in the direction of sections of the media who revelled in the aftermath. And sadly, in today's society, with social media and people's instant arrival at 'being outraged or offended', often the police are hamstrung and have to investigate incidents - or they themselves would be criticised.

I'm no fan of this enlarged enquiry mate - I'm merely pointing out those that those on the pitch that went beyond celebrating deserve penalty.

There's a witch hunt going on here. If it's not the police then who is driving it?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    For a decent lawyer then can I not suggest Donald Findlay QC.
    You've obviously never met him. DF will defend anyone on anything as he truly believes that we all have the right to representation.

He's also one of the best after dinner speakers I've ever heard

Coaching Staff
    There's a witch hunt going on here. If it's not the police then who is driving it?
    For me sections of the media mate - without doubt.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Don't know your age, but I'll agree historically the police through there have been far more heavy handed over the decades I've been following Hibs.

I'm no fan of this enlarged enquiry mate - I'm merely pointing out those that those on the pitch that went beyond celebrating deserve penalty.
    I'm 49 so was brought up in the 70's and 80's..and to be fair I haven't lived in Scotland full time since the early 90's maybe things have changed in the police.

If Hibs fans actually assaulted (punched or kicked) Rangers players then fair enough, but other than one swing and a miss I haven't seen any evidence of that. If you win the cup after a 114 year wait then you are sure due a celebratory pitch invasion. If you get beat after cheating your way to a dozen titles and then cheating businesses out of millions of pounds you should leave the ground quietly. The only reasons there was a disturbance on the pitch is that rangers losers couldn't take it and ran on as well. Without them it would have been a celebration, not a fight.

Coaching Staff
    I also said at the time marinello, Gordon Waddell, who was one of the most vocal in the media as being 'outraged', did anyone ever get clarification if he assisted police with their enquiries in providing statements to the assaults he witnessed ? Never got an answer. After all, I'd hope if he witnessed an assault in the street he'd pop in to a station and do the dutiful thing and report it given his clear moral stance on violence ?

Keith Jackson ? Never has answered any questions regards 'every The Rangers player assaulted' !

As Denzil Washington said 'practice enough you'll become good at it - including BS' !

Coaching Staff
    I'm 49 so was brought up in the 70's and 80's..and to be fair I haven't lived in Scotland full time since the early 90's maybe things have changed in the police.

If Hibs fans actually assaulted (punched or kicked) Rangers players then fair enough, but other than one swing and a miss I haven't seen any evidence of that. If you win the cup after a 114 year wait then you are sure due a celebratory pitch invasion. If you get beat after cheating your way to a dozen titles and then cheating businesses out of millions of pounds you should leave the ground quietly. The only reasons there was a disturbance on the pitch is that rangers losers couldn't take it and ran on as well. Without them it would have been a celebration, not a fight.
    What I would say Worcester is that surely - surely - the police said before the event, 'what happens if Hibs win' ? Knowing the pent up emotion, it's THE game you'd expect delirium - so I agree with you in the sense that you could criticise them for being incredibly naive

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    You've obviously never met him. DF will defend anyone on anything as he truly believes that we all have the right to representation.
    You're lucky! (Sorry, couldn't resist that one )
    Actually I've seen him as an after-dinner speaker and without doubt he was the worst I've ever witnessed.
    Many in attendance that night would agree with me.

But let's get back on the subject .........

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post

He only defends guilty folk and aims to get them off using the not proven verdict.

If I was on a jury and he was the defence lawyer I'd.have the defendant guilty before lunch.

No idea about his after dinner speaking.

It started with the media and is now being followed up by the police. It's an east v west thing. If the roles were reversed, we wouldn't be talking about this now. The article someone posted earlier n the thread about the Rangers fan who got 9 months is the first time I've read anything that named anyone as a Rangers fan.

United we stand here....

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It started with the media and is now being followed up by the police. It's an east v west thing. If the roles were reversed, we wouldn't be talking about this now. The article someone posted earlier n the thread about the Rangers fan who got 9 months is the first time I've read anything that named anyone as a Rangers fan.
    Who buys more papers LB ? There's your answer !

Media is the new currency of the world - I agree totally with you, the media fuelled it as they saw a cash cow - the police had no choice to investigate or they themselves would be media 'prey'.

I just wish folk wouldn't buy The Sun and The Daily Record - or The Daily Racist (Mail)

Who buys more papers LB ? There's your answer !

Media is the new currency of the world - I agree totally with you, the media fuelled it as they saw a cash cow - the police had no choice to investigate or they themselves would be media 'prey'.

I just wish folk wouldn't buy The Sun and The Daily Record - or The Daily Racist (Mail)
    I used to buy the sun every day up until around 5 years ago and my dad used to be a daily record man during my youth. I'm just glad that we now have other forms of media to obtain our news. I don't agree with everyone on this site and I'm sure plenty don't agree with me, but there's no better place to find out about what's happening with our club. The days of the papers dictating narrative are thankfully over ggtth.

United we stand here....