hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WalterSobzcek
    Well if he hadn't run on the pitch like an idiot he wouldn't be in this mess.

And it's assault whether or not you make contact, - if the attempt and intent is there.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I hope that the guy is found not guilty. The police are looking for scapegoats to justify the money being wasted on this whole investigation. I dread to think how much money has been spent chasing up hibs fans when it's clear that there hasn't been 1 single serious or even remotely serious crime by anyone in our support.
    If I go down to the police station to report a crime (which sadly happens a lot) nothing is ever done and I'm made to feel like I'm wasting their time.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well if he hadn't run on the pitch like an idiot he wouldn't be in this mess.

And it's assault whether or not you make contact, - if the attempt and intent is there.
    Rubbish! If that's the case then why aren't the hibs players who nearly knocked the policeman over while celebrating the winner not up in court.

United we stand here....

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Rubbish! If that's the case then why aren't the hibs players who nearly knocked the policeman over while celebrating the winner not up in court.

Have they been identified ?

What Hibs fan wants to get involved with 2 Sevco players immediately after seeing Hibs win the cup? Just stupid regardless of this ridiculous Police investigation.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

A quick google search of the definition of assault in Scotland

Offence: To direct an attack to take effect physically on the person of another, whether or not actual injury is inflicted.

Have they been identified ?
    They aren't being prosecuted because they didn't commit a crime. Like almost every fan who went onto the pitch. The only guy who deserved to be prosecuted was the guy who had a swing at the grass.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    no its not
    Are there two 19 year old Greg Binnie's been charged with offences ?

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

So you would prosecute unidenfified persons ?

A quick google search of the definition of assault in Scotland

Offence: To direct an attack to take effect physically on the person of another, whether or not actual injury is inflicted.
    That may be the case, but it leaves a huge amount of discretion for the police. If the law was followed as rigidly as you're suggesting then almost every football player would have a criminal record.

United we stand here....

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

That may be the case, but it leaves a huge amount of discretion for the police. If the law was followed as rigidly as you're suggesting then almost every football player would have a criminal record.
    Much like almost every Yam, it is probably highly likely that they do

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Because there was no intent.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Were the Rangers security officers allowed to enter the pitch and start assaulting folk, in the picture (which i'm struggling to copy and paste) where a Hibs fan is shaking Kenny Millers hand it is quite clear in the background a few men in suits assaulting supporters, surely they are not allowed to take the law in to there own hands, it was also a Rangers security officer that kicked the Hibs lad as he runs about on the pitch, it seems these guys have went unnoticed by Scottish Police.

Wonder if Dean made the complaint to the police after the game.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Were the Rangers security officers allowed to enter the pitch and start assaulting folk, in the picture (which i'm struggling to copy and paste) where a Hibs fan is shaking Kenny Millers hand it is quite clear in the background a few men in suits assaulting supporters, surely they are not allowed to take the law in to there own hands, it was also a Rangers security officer that kicked the Hibs lad as he runs about on the pitch, it seems these guys have went unnoticed by Scottish Police.

The police will have contacted Dean and taken a statement from him. Given that Binnie has been charged it would appear that Dean has stated that he was grabbed and verbally abused.

You have to wonder why the PF has decided to pursue some of these ridiculous reports sent to them by the police when so many are not taken any further?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post

that would come under scots law as 'defending derrys walls' e.g. you have to attack to defend

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    You have to wonder why the PF has decided to pursue some of these ridiculous reports sent to them by the police when so many are not taken any further?
    One of the criteria when considering a case is whether it's in the public interest to take forward to trial - in this case it's a definite yes given the media scrutiny, involvement of outside authorities, and to deter future football violence - tin hat on here but it's a case I'd pursue as a prosecutor - and regardless of club, tournament or fixture. You can't have mass pitch invasions as we witnessed as there are always the few who take things too far. We've a duty to protect fans, players and officials. I'd be keen to know if they're presenting steward and cctv evidence though - as from recollection Kenny Shiels said Dean hadn't required to see the police ? Rather than be sub judice though I'll await the reports after the trial.

Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    Sounds more like the authorities making sure at least one hibs fan is being charged with 'assault' to confirm the narrative of hun players being 'assaulted'.

Every supporter in the land has at some point shouted 'obscenities' at opposition players.

The huns are screaming religious hatred every week and nothing is done about that.

Touching Dean Shiels doesn't sound like a physical assault to me, if he did.

He's just a lad and this is going to harm his life prospects severely.

I've got nothing but sympathy for this young lad who's being singled out for harsh treatment when the huns are allowed to belt out sectarian hatred every single time they play.

Can't condone what he did - even entering the field of play was daft. He has a problem though as he is perhaps emerging as the 'example' of how hard the authorities have come down on the thugs. There is a danger that any punishment will be way beyond the normal and that his daftness may become a hanging offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    What Hibs fan wants to get involved with 2 Sevco players immediately after seeing Hibs win the cup? Just stupid regardless of this ridiculous Police investigation.
    Always been a mystery to me.

Detest the Huns and enjoy nothing better than beating them, but when that final whistle went every single Sevco player and their supporters "vanished". They were irrelevant, meaningless. All I could think of was celebrating with the Hibs fans and players at the end of a long, long journey.

Those idiots who thought they'd use that historic occasion to to wind up a few Sevco players and fans are not really Hibs fans. They simply can't be.

If I go down to the police station to report a crime (which sadly happens a lot) nothing is ever done and I'm made to feel like I'm wasting their time.
    I feel the same whenever I report the drug dealing bitch that stays in the flat below us.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    that would come under scots law as 'defending derrys walls' e.g. you have to attack to defend
    Ah yes, Deriwalz anyone know where it is?

Sounds eastern European but I can't find it and wondered why a Scottish football teams fans are having to defend it. What are they defending it from?

Is new Deriwalz at risk here also, or just the old one?

" I spent some of the happiest days of my football playing life at Easter Road" - Sir Matt Busby

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    When is Stokes up in court for nudging, sorry, assaulting the defender for the equalizer? I'm witness to that hundreds of times!

Dean Shiels was playing in the cup final?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Ah yes, Deriwalz anyone know where it is?

Sounds eastern European but I can't find it and wondered why a Scottish football teams fans are having to defend it. What are they defending it from?

Is new Deriwalz at risk here also, or just the old one?

" I spent some of the happiest days of my football playing life at Easter Road" - Sir Matt Busby

awk something to do with marauding kaffliks, papes and taigs apparently :)

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post
    When is Stokes up in court for nudging, sorry, assaulting the defender for the equalizer? I'm witness to that hundreds of times!
    Funny NH, we were talking about the final over drinks recently and all of us remarked how good the refereeing was - if you look back there were some pivotal refereeing moments which either favoured us, or on another day a ref may have made a different call. We came up with three - allowing 'play on' after McGinn was fouled (Stokes goal), the 'push' on Waghorn by Lewy at 1-1, and as you say the 'nudge' on Tavernier. Thank god it wasn't Collum with the whistle !

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    One of the criteria when considering a case is whether it's in the public interest to take forward to trial - in this case it's a definite yes given the media scrutiny, involvement of outside authorities, and to deter future football violence - tin hat on here but it's a case I'd pursue as a prosecutor - and regardless of club, tournament or fixture. You can't have mass pitch invasions as we witnessed as there are always the few who take things too far. We've a duty to protect fans, players and officials. I'd be keen to know if they're presenting steward and cctv evidence though - as from recollection Kenny Shiels said Dean hadn't required to see the police ? Rather than be sub judice though I'll await the reports after the trial.
    Actual serious physical assaults are captured on cctv every weekend but are never pursued as they don't have the resources.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    awk something to do with marauding kaffliks, papes and taigs apparently :)
    Well I'm not convinced that defending it with the weapons they sing about will be much use, not in this day and age.

What if the imaginary enemy were to attack when the the huns are all in Glasgow singing about guarding it but not actually guarding?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Actual serious physical assaults are captured on cctv every weekend but are never pursued as they don't have the resources.
    Agree Killie, lots of crime goes unpunished or sometimes not investigated. However this was a public event, watched by millions (possibly) and received unprecedented media coverage - therefore it's in the public interest whether we like it or not. But I do agree with you that in times of scarce resources and money we perhaps should be focusing more on crime in communities. We do have a duty to pursue a complaint if one is made though - again, regardless of what yours or my moral barometer is and what our opinion is on severity.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    Wow he uttered abusive remarks, how long was Dean in Hospital for?

Police will act on that but not Huns throwing missles at will when we were at Ibrox.

Also accused of holding him as well. Not very bright of him, and hope he is punished appropriately.

Players are expected to put up with abuse from the stands, that is part and parcel of the game. However, as soon as you enter the field and approach a player, that's it. You have lost any sympathy.

The police are quite right in not letting him away for it, as we are already seeing a tit for tat scenario regarding the guy. You don't stop that, we start watching the football behind a cage.

I've never in my life heard of anybody being charged with assault by simply holding onto someone.

Not saying it doesn't happen but its not something I have came across before.