hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Payet

Payet

Bilic has come out and said that DP is refusing to play for West Ham.

That being the case, would West Ham be within their rights not to pay him, due to breach of contract?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

That being the case, would West Ham be within their rights not to pay him, due to breach of contract?
    Is it not does not want to rather than refusing to play?

Some players really do themselves no favours. Fonte of Southampton also captain of the team and a few days before a semi final puts in a transfer request.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post

If they picked him for a match and refused to play they could fine him a max of 2 weeks wages. If he carries on like that, they fine him each time he refuses.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post

Some players really do themselves no favours. Fonte of Southampton also captain of the team and a few days before a semi final puts in a transfer request.
    Bilic said at the end of the press conference that he is 'refusing to play.'

Very disappointed in his attitude, we gave him a huge contract last season that has 4 and a half years to go. He's 30, he'll be very lucky if anyone will pay today's price for him.

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe he'd like to come to us?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Ok didnt realise that. Wow what a joke, absolutely hero worshipped by the fans,

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Maybe he'd like to come to us?
    Don't see why not. I think we could attract a lot of players who don't want to play for us

He's had one good season that's it

Another footballer with a vastly overinflated ego. West Ham should be telling him to pack his bags and GTF, what a disrespectful way to treat the club and the fans. Honestly, sometimes you really do shake oyur head in disbelief at these guys. Loads of people would absolutely kill to be in his position playing high level football for a living, earning a crazy amount of money and living a very luxurious lifestyle. Don't know how lucky they have it sometimes. Look at the likes of Sterling and Rooney a few years back for example, throwing their toys out the pram and going in the huff wanting to leave their respective clubs because they feel they are not getting enough money despite already being on about £150k a week!

I'm not sure about the legal and contract side of things etc so I know its probably not as simple as just telling him to GTF but in an ideal world West Ham would be able to bin him immediately.

He's a very good player, I just hope he's not another player who ends up dwindling in the lower leagues wastes his talent because he has a bad attitude and thinks he's bigger and better than what he is (see Scott Allan thread!).
    Last edited by 21.05.2016; 12-01-2017 at 12:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    What a dick. How to go from hero to zero in a short sentence.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    That's not entirely true though is it.

He's only had one good season in the EPL. He was capped for France before playing for West Ham, and he'd moved for £9m and £8.5m before West Ham bought him.

I don't think he should be refusing to play, that's bad form, but I'm not surprised he wants to leave. 29 year old player, who could get a move to one of the really big teams, why shouldn't he want that? He's done well for West Ham, but they're diddy just now, should he stay with a crap team just because they signed him? If West Ham were doing well, and he was tatties, they'd be quick enough to sell him.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

He's only had one good season in the EPL. He was capped for France before playing for West Ham, and he'd moved for £9m and £8.5m before West Ham bought him.

I don't think he should be refusing to play, that's bad form, but I'm not surprised he wants to leave. 29 year old player, who could get a move to one of the really big teams, why shouldn't he want that? He's done well for West Ham, but they're diddy just now, should he stay with a crap team just because they signed him? If West Ham were doing well, and he was tatties, they'd be quick enough to sell him.
    Basically he should stay until West Ham receive an offer they deem acceptable. Marseille are playing the Dave King role here offering £20m

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    He has been a quality player for years

@hibs.net private member
    Disgraceful way for a pro footballer to act. Sadly he is not the first and won't be the last

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Basically he should stay until West Ham receive an offer they deem acceptable. Marseille are playing the Dave King role here offering £20m
    Aye you're right, but such is modern football that if someone wants to leave then, more often than not, they'll leave.

Like I said previously, he shouldn't be refusing to play, but he's every right to tell West Ham he wants to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Very disappointed in his attitude, we gave him a huge contract last season that has 4 and a half years to go. He's 30, he'll be very lucky if anyone will pay today's price for him.
    Hopefully one of the Chinese clubs are paying attention.

Left by mutual consent!
    Aye you're right, but such is modern football that if someone wants to leave then, more often than not, they'll leave.

Like I said previously, he shouldn't be refusing to play, but he's every right to tell West Ham he wants to leave.
    Sullivan should call his bluff. Tell him to train each night with the 'yoofs' or he is suspended without pay. {layers have far, far too much power and this has to change.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post

Chris Martin(esk)..

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Are you an "iron"?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Sullivan should call his bluff. Tell him to train each night with the 'yoofs' or he is suspended without pay. {layers have far, far too much power and this has to change.
    I don't think Sullivan should. Just to prove a point? That's no going to help West Ham this season. Sell him, reinvest the money in someone who does want to play for West Ham, and move on. If they can go find another good player for £10m, then sell him for double, or treble that, in 18 months then good on them. It's only West Ham, no Barcelona or Real Madrid, the club surely doesn't think the foreign players they bring over will be happy to stay there forever if they can go on to bigger clubs.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar

Nah but maybe he should stay because he agreed a new lucrative deal last year when things were going well for West Ham? Now the toys are out the pram because they are having a tough season. Modern footballers like him are a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Nah but maybe he should stay because he agreed a new lucrative deal last year when things were going well for West Ham? Now the toys are out the pram because they are having a tough season. Modern footballers like him are a disgrace.
    And he's part of the reason they are having a poor season. He's only turned it on in spells this time around. I'd let him go abroad for the right money.

Gamer IDs

Should he have refused to sign a contract, for more money, on the basis that he thought he'd maybe, at some point if he'd done well, like to leave to go to a bigger club?

I don't think this has necessarily got anything to do with money, maybe he'll go to China and prove me wrong though. I think he wants to play for a better team than West Ham. Nowt to do with modern footballers being a disgrace, in my opinion.

Should he have refused to sign a contract, for more money, on the basis that he thought he'd maybe, at some point if he'd done well, like to leave to go to a bigger club?

I don't think this has necessarily got anything to do with money, maybe he'll go to China and prove me wrong though. I think he wants to play for a better team than West Ham. Nowt to do with modern footballers being a disgrace, in my opinion.
    So does he want to play for any team that's better than West Ham or does his agent have a specific destination in mind? He won't have refused to play without knowing who wants him and how much he'll be getting.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    So does he want to play for any team that's better than West Ham or does his agent have a specific destination in mind? He won't have refused to play without knowing who wants him and how much he'll be getting.
    Payet will probably know who he'd like to play for. It doesn't matter if he knows who wants him, or how much they'll pay him.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Must be frustrating being the most creative player in the league yet your team continually fails to sign a decent striker to convert the chances you make.

"Since David Gold & Sullivan took over West Ham in January 2010, they've signed 32 strikers. They have scored 143 goals in 709 games."

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar

He only signed the deal last season. He knew his age then. West Ham were challenging for the champions league so it was all rosy for him. They are struggling a bit this season so he wants to jump ship and leave his teammates to potentially fight relegation without him? Appalling attitude and not the type of teammate I'd want in my corner. Different if it was the summer and a big bid came in for him but that's not the case. He's trying to engineer a move mid season because he's not enjoying getting beat most weeks. Poor from him.

Left by mutual consent!
    He only signed the deal last season. He knew his age then. West Ham were challenging for the champions league so it was all rosy for him. They are struggling a bit this season so he wants to jump ship and leave his teammates to potentially fight relegation without him? Appalling attitude and not the type of teammate I'd want in my corner. Different if it was the summer and a big bid came in for him but that's not the case. He's trying to engineer a move mid season because he's not enjoying getting beat most weeks. Poor from him.
    He has been tapped up. Illegal as he is under contract. Hammer the offending club with a 10 point deduction. It has happened to us more than a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Are you an "iron"?
    I follow the (lack of) fortunes of West Ham United yes. Grew up in London, a fair chunk of my good friends are Hammers as well. Hibs first though!