hibs.net Messageboard

Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,567

    Trust Mr. Trump... (NHC)

    TRUMP.jpg

    "Calling attention to the table heaped with files, Trump said the paperwork was “some of the many documents” he signed when he turned over “complete and total control” of his business to his sons to avoid potential conflicts of interest."

    Can anyone remember another famous, multi-millionaire business tycoon pulling the same stunt?


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    57
    Posts
    12,293
    Trumpets not even got any cardboard boxes. How can he expect anyone to take him seriously?

    Not yam class.

    Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  4. #3
    Now that's what you call a total handover of control!
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    57
    Posts
    12,293
    Could he maybe use his impressive piles to make a start on the Mexican wall as it doesn't look like the Mexicans are going to be paying for it.

    Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Heading home...
    Posts
    17,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could he maybe use his impressive piles to make a start on the Mexican wall

    What a horrible thought!

  7. #6
    Heard he likes a bit of the Gary Locke special as well

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard he likes a bit of the Gary Locke special as well
    A golden opportunity for him

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    between a brewery & distillery
    Posts
    11,196
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard he likes a bit of the Gary Locke special as well
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A golden opportunity for him
    What are you shower talking about?
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  10. #9
    'S' Form
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are you shower talking about?
    Very appropriate that to follow this story on twitter you #trumpleaks

  11. #10
    I really cant understand the hate upon Trump on here.

    Trump wants dialogue and understanding with Russia. You lot wanted Clinton and World War 3. Bonkers!

  12. #11
    Testimonial Due Cabbage East's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,308
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really cant understand the hate upon Trump on here.

    Trump wants dialogue and understanding with Russia. You lot wanted Clinton and World War 3. Bonkers!
    Dear god.

  13. #12
    Coaching Staff jgl07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Merchiston
    Posts
    6,197
    I knew that all the taps in Trump Tower were gold plated.

    It obviously applies to the shower fittings!

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member Col2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,474
    No fan of Trump but the world needs to grow up and just get on with it.

    The media stuff yesterday was a disgrace and I am astonished by the number of people in this country who seem to care more about American politics than our own back yard in the UK.

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dear god.
    It might ciome to that.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=751e6GHk3Us

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Heading home...
    Posts
    17,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No fan of Trump but the world needs to grow up and just get on with it.

    The media stuff yesterday was a disgrace and I am astonished by the number of people in this country who seem to care more about American politics than our own back yard in the UK.

    People are just having a laugh and this was actually a dig at Hearts, not Trump.

  17. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh FFS!
    'Moly' (along with his wife who is a true cultist) is an absolute erse. You are not putting this right wing tube forward as an argument to defend your position are you?

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,567
    The papers that Donald Trump made the centre of his first press conference in six months actually appear to have been blank." The Independent.

    Vladimir Romanov for Press Secretary anyone?

  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member vince1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Restalrig
    Posts
    3,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Sarf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TRUMP.jpg

    "Calling attention to the table heaped with files, Trump said the paperwork was “some of the many documents” he signed when he turned over “complete and total control” of his business to his sons to avoid potential conflicts of interest."

    Can anyone remember another famous, multi-millionaire business tycoon pulling the same stunt?
    NBC are tweeting an over the shoulder picture of these files and all the blank sheet of paper inside, I suspect that planning application was the same


    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No fan of Trump but the world needs to grow up and just get on with it.

    The media stuff yesterday was a disgrace and I am astonished by the number of people in this country who seem to care more about American politics than our own back yard in the UK.
    When you say the media stuff was a disgrace, do you mean Trump was a disgrace?

    Not sure why anyone would be surprised that people take an interest in a story where Russia potentially have the means to blackmail the president of the US. You don't think that impacts the UK?

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No fan of Trump but the world needs to grow up and just get on with it.

    The media stuff yesterday was a disgrace and I am astonished by the number of people in this country who seem to care more about American politics than our own back yard in the UK.
    Trump's the equivalent of Sevco, the gift that keeps on giving. Much more interesting than UK politics.

    The guy is a fruitloop and it is still astonishing - and to their shame - that they have actually elected this nutter President. I give him 3 months, tops.

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    70
    Posts
    14,376
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trump's the equivalent of Sevco, the gift that keeps on giving. Much more interesting than UK politics.

    The guy is a fruitloop and it is still astonishing - and to their shame - that they have actually elected this nutter President. I give him 3 months, tops.
    I think it'll go on a bit longer but there's no way he'll see out a full term of office.

  23. #22
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    50
    Posts
    16,320
    I'm sure he's really Mike Myers on the wind up.

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    57
    Posts
    12,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No fan of Trump but the world needs to grow up and just get on with it.

    The media stuff yesterday was a disgrace and I am astonished by the number of people in this country who seem to care more about American politics than our own back yard in the UK.
    It's a wee laugh at the yams I think but if not it's definitely possible to have an eye on both political boxing rings as if the US economy sneezes the UK economy catches a cold, or something more serious.

    Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved