hibs.net Messageboard

Remainder of transfer window

Are we now happy with the squad we have or do fans still
    Think we could with a few new faces ??
    I am now happy with the squad and if there was one position I'd like to see strengthened , it would be up front as I think an injury to Jason would hurt us , I understand though that we would struggle to get a quality goal scorer in to sit on the bench if Jason Stays fit and scoring goals. I'd maybe take a punt on a short term deal for Dobbie (he knows where the net is) , opinions ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I would like a striker better than Graham and Holt, but think we have enough to win the league assuming no more injuries.

We have a huge squad now so can't see any more in without departures which is fair enough.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I'd like to see Harris moved on, he's not cutting it for us unfortunately and would rather see either someone else brought in or a wage off the bill.

Need more strength up front imo but agree we would need to lose someone and just not feasible ATM as we have finally got ourself a sorted out. Few more displays like Utd last week and I'll be a happy lady and retract my statement about strengthening upfront no doubt :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would like a striker better than Graham and Holt, but think we have enough to win the league assuming no more injuries.
    Better in what way and where would you find them at this stage of the season? Holt does great hold up work and is clever but has disappointed in the scoring dept. Graham has a decent scoring record for his game time off the top of my head and is mobile.

So I think unless we manage to do a surprise bit of business we will go with the strong pool we have.

More important imo is to extend Commons' loan and use our strength in depth to keep the squad fresh through the second part of the season. Neil Lennon and co have the experience to make sure that happens.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco G View Post
    Better in what way and where would you find them at this stage of the season? Holt does great hold up work and is clever but has disappointed in the scoring dept. Graham has a decent scoring record for his game time off the top of my head and is mobile.

So I think unless we manage to do a surprise bit of business we will go with the strong pool we have.

More important imo is to extend Commons' loan and use our strength in depth to keep the squad fresh through the second part of the season. Neil Lennon and co have the experience to make sure that happens.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I'm happy. I'd be happier with the Grant Holt of five years ago, but I'm hopeful the guy will score more goals if the midfield start creating more chances.

I wonder if the Danny Swanson interest is over now Humphrey is here?

@hibs.net private member
    I'd move on:

Harris
    Handling
    Insall
    Stanton
    Virtanen

Assuming that would allow us to say bring in the young keeper from Cowdenbeath or similar and perhaps two others.

Essentially 5 into 3.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    With this new formation is there not room for Harris if Boyle or Humphrey get injuried?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    With this new formation is there not room for Harris if Boyle or Humphrey get injuried?
    There's room of course but we aren't looking for just space fillers. Harris has had plenty opportunity to be our answer on the wing but best now if he moves on.

We have a huge squad for this division, so i highly doubt we will bring in anyone else unless 1 or 2 are moved on.

I know a few players are being touted to other clubs at the moment but we will need to wait and see.

A left footed winger like Humphrey would be good, well stocked everywhere else on the park, any one of our strikers would walk in any team in this division and most in the division above, no idea why people think we should be bringing in more.

I'd like to see us sign maybe 2 more if we can move on Stanton,handling and Harris . I heard we where interested in Forrest at Ayr United but unsure weather we still are. Also Swanson would be the perfect signing if we couldn't extend commons loan deal until the end of the season. i originally wrote that a striker would be of bennefit but I had totally forgotten about keatings who I think is a great wee player so I retract the initial post about needing another striker

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    I'd move on:

Harris
    Handling
    Insall
    Stanton
    Virtanen

Assuming that would allow us to say bring in the young keeper from Cowdenbeath or similar and perhaps two others.

Essentially 5 into 3.
    They are the most likely, I would also add Holt. His goals return is really poor and if Eardley is away it would allow us room for another player or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    They are the most likely, I would also add Holt. His goals return is really poor and if Eardley is away it would allow us room for another player or two.
    No way Holt is moving on. I don't see him starting as many games as he did in the first half of the season but could be a decent 2nd option if we decide to play with 2 strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I'm happy. I'd be happier with the Grant Holt of five years ago, but I'm hopeful the guy will score more goals if the midfield start creating more chances.
    Dunno if matters how many chances are presented to him, he seems unwilling to actually shoot.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21sMay View Post
    I'd like to see us sign maybe 2 more if we can move on Stanton,handling and Harris . I heard we where interested in Forrest at Ayr United but unsure weather we still are. Also Swanson would be the perfect signing if we couldn't extend commons loan deal until the end of the season. i originally wrote that a striker would be of bennefit but I had totally forgotten about keatings who I think is a great wee player so I retract the initial post about needing another striker
    I was one of the ones who heard about the move for Forrest as I live in Ayr and work with Academy coaches from time to time. Just sent a text. Our interest has apparently went quiet on him.

The Yams are looking at the right back Devlin who skinned us for their winning goal at ER.

Just been on STV News that Lennon is looking for one more addition. No mention of any departures, including star names.

He advised no news on Commons until after Dumbarton match on Saturday. From what Lennon says it appears up to Commons, no mention of what Celtic want.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Just been on STV News that Lennon is looking for one more addition. No mention of any departures, including star names.

He advised no news on Commons until after Dumbarton match on Saturday. From what Lennon says it appears up to Commons, no mention of what Celtic want.
    Would Commons not be an addition?

ADMINS: Why not merge into the Transfer Window thread - keeps everything neat and tidy!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    ADMINS: Why not merge into the Transfer Window thread - keeps everything neat and tidy!!
    In what way is this untidy?

If that is the logic you could merge multiple threads. You having a bout of OCD?

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    In what way is this untidy?

If that is the logic you could merge multiple threads. You having a bout of OCD?
    Saves me opening two or three threads all covering the transfer window with the same posts - keep it all in one place

@hibs.net private member
    It's doesn't matter how many threads you open the content you have to read will be the same.

Maybe tidy your room?