hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would accept a narrow victory and I don't expect an easy game as Dumbarton will make it difficult for us. However under no circumstances would I ever accept a draw against a team like Dumbarton before the match has kicked off. I can't quite believe I'm reading that to be honest.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would accept a narrow victory and I don't expect an easy game as Dumbarton will make it difficult for us. However under no circumstances would I ever accept a draw against a team like Dumbarton before the match has kicked off. I can't quite believe I'm reading that to be honest.
    A draw at Dumbarton would have felt pre-Dundee United on Friday, like a very, very bad result for Hibs. After the performance against Dundee United, a draw at Dumbarton would feel like a defeat for me.

First time ive headed over to dumbarton, looking forward to the game. Hoping hibs play attacking right from the start, hate to see us sit in. Go for it and we should be winning the majority of our games in the league. Friday prime example. Keep the momentum going and no less than 3 points and keep all the pressure in utd to keep up with us.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    First time ive headed over to dumbarton, looking forward to the game. Hoping hibs play attacking right from the start, hate to see us sit in. Go for it and we should be winning the majority of our games in the league. Friday prime example. Keep the momentum going and no less than 3 points and keep all the pressure in utd to keep up with us.

what game(s) has this team sat in against

An enduring 0-2 victory is my prediction. JC and Boyle getting the goals.

Glory Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    what game(s) has this team sat in against
    Not so much this season but just want attacking football for 90 mins

I take it that as a town, Dumbarton's facilities are somewhat rudimentary sports bars and old jakey haunts, and that acceptable restaurants, decent wine/cocktail bars will be conspicuous by their absence and best enjoyed in Glasgow?

Asking for a friend.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I take it that as a town, Dumbarton's facilities are somewhat rudimentary sports bars and old jakey haunts, and that acceptable restaurants, decent wine/cocktail bars will be conspicuous by their absence and best enjoyed in Glasgow?

Asking for a friend.
    Our bus is booked into Cameron House pre-match - just 6 miles from the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Our bus is booked into Cameron House pre-match - just 6 miles from the ground.
    That's a damn good move. I forget how close to Loch Lomond Dumbarton is. Should be a damn fine feast with some quality drinking. I don't know what branch you are but you must be classiest cards in the HSC pack.

I might have to try to convince one of my associates to drive. We planned to take the train early to Glasgow, lunch there and head on a local train to Dumbarton.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    That's a damn good move. I forget how close to Loch Lomond Dumbarton is. Should be a damn fine feast with some quality drinking. I don't know what branch you are but you must be classiest cards in the HSC pack.

I might have to try to convince one of my associates to drive. We planned to take the train early to Glasgow, lunch there and head on a local train to Dumbarton.
    A misguided remark, Bob. You've eaten in our company (and drank fine vino - straight from the bottle) and London holds the rosettes as far as F&B goes.

You must admit that Pierre serves the best pre/post match eats anywhere in the world.

Who TF it this imposter promoting dining?

Quote Originally Posted by London Hibs Supporters Club View Post
    A misguided remark, Bob. You've eaten in our company (and drank fine vino - straight from the bottle) and London holds the rosettes as far as F&B goes.

You must admit that Pierre serves the best pre/post match eats anywhere in the world.

Who TF it this imposter promoting dining?
    I ought to have guessed it would be you metropolitan sophisticates!

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Has Nade not gone back there?

They'll be up for this one in exactly the same way Bonnyrigg were for the cup tie through there, and will be for the match at Tynie.

Dumbarton like to get stuck in but if we get a reasonable referee and an early goal I'll be confident.

Either of those not happening and suddenly they drag us down to their level.

Bartley one away from a suspension. Does NL play him because if it gets physical they'll be squealing for a booking as soon as he puts a foot in?

Not a 'skoosh' by any stretch of the imagination.
    Shottie lads. Nade is playing so he's bound to score.

Aye, maybe when he was a bit younger and we were a lot crapper but these bogey men like him and Skacel are a thing of the past.

Agree with your general point though and we'll need to take nothing for granted. Cup finals every week from here on in.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I think this game could be under threat, no undersoil heating, exposed ground and temps of -2 or below expected overnight as well as wintry showers.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I think this game could be under threat, no undersoil heating, exposed ground and temps of -2 or below expected overnight as well as wintry showers.

I think it should be fine. The bbc forecast looks favourable overnight and throughout the day tomorrow.

Any plans for inspection?

The game isnt on Hibs T V any pther way of wstching it for those thatcant be thete in person

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Any plans for inspection?

Doesn't look like it.
    Pitch at the @CID_Scotland Stadium in great condition ahead of today's #SonsvHibs clash. The Crags (in the background) looking picturesque!