hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

Hot For Dumbarton

I must say that Friday evening's show has left me gagging on some Hibs action. Now that we've addressed the width and pace and goal scoring midfielder issues, Saturday can't come quick enough. I've looked forward to games after the last few seasons, but felt we were a bit samey in our line-ups and tactics. Now we have the personnel to win big against smaller teams, particularly at ER. (That's not to say we will, every game will be a battle, only that we're now better equipped to do so.)

Not a scooter by any means, but we're in the driving seat and I don't go to many away games these days but I'm glad I have tickets for Dumbarton.

I think we'll win 3-1.

I don't expect this to be easy for us at all. We have generally struggled at Dumbarton in the previous two seasons and we only won earlier this season courtesy of a penalty.

They've only lost three of their last ten league matches and have beaten Dundee Utd and Falkirk at home in recent weeks.

0-1 would do me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't expect this to be easy for us at all. We have generally struggled at Dumbarton in the previous two seasons and we only won earlier this season courtesy of a penalty.

They've only lost three of their last ten league matches and have beaten Dundee Utd and Falkirk at home in recent weeks.

0-1 would do me.
    of course we all want to see some more silky exciting football, but offered a draw I think we'd accept it. Hopefully we can grab all three points

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    of course we all want to see some more silky exciting football, but offered a draw I think we'd accept it. Hopefully we can grab all three points
    Eh? Accept a draw against Dumbarton? Are you at the wind up or am I missing something here?

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Eh? Accept a draw against Dumbarton? Are you at the wind up or am I missing something here?
    This👍

No wind up. Its the sort of game that could go either way in my opinion. Obviously not in yours. I hope you're right.

No wind up. Its the sort of game that could go either way in my opinion. Obviously not in yours. I hope you're right.
    Every game could go either way. But if we are going in to a game against a part time team thinking a draw is an acceptable result? Sorry, not having that.

Bonnyrigg went there recently and won. If we accept a draw there, what would be our expectations in defence of the Scottish Cup at Tynecastle?

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Bonnyrigg went there recently and won. If we accept a draw there, what would be our expectations in defence of the Scottish Cup at Tynecastle?
    our recent record at Tynie is a lot better than Dumbarton. We will always expect to beat Dumbarton away but as we know it doesn't always work out like that. Its well within the realms of reality that we can lose it.

@hibs.net private member
    To get a money spinner replay of course

The day I feel ok about a draw away to Dumbarton and other ***** like that is the day I will give it up

draws are not quite what we need, against the teams like Dumbarton. we had one against Morton recently and that was because of a shocking performance from HFC. Win please ,keep the pressure on.

Left by mutual consent! WS Hibs's Avatar
    Just had a look at the forecast and although it's snowing today in Dumbarton, it's overcast with no wind on Saturday as things stand.

The conditions can be a real leveller there, check out what United were up against a few weeks ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjTuiyuyU5I

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    The day drawing away to a part time outfit becomes acceptable it is time to give it up.

I think we've turned a corner and will turn it on against them. 4-0 Hibs... neck on the line ;)

@hibs.net private member
    Accepting a draw at Dumbarton makes u sound like u would accept staying in this division for another year, a draw at Dumbarton, is and always will be unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Accepting a draw at Dumbarton makes u sound like u would accept staying in this division for another year, a draw at Dumbarton, is and always will be unacceptable.
    ok so you obviously didn't read my previous post stating my reasoning before jumping to your conclusion. Dundee U just lost there so maybe a draw isn't the end of the world as far as being promoted
    and drawing better than losing which we have done on more than one occasion recently

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    so what is acceptable to you in terms of who we don't beat - we can't win all the games I assume you will concede?

@hibs.net private member
    so what is acceptable to you in terms of who we don't beat - we can't win all the games I assume you will concede?
    Regardless of other opponents results there, our squad is far better than Dumbartons hence we should not accept a draw there. The only time u can look at a draw as being acceptable there is when the season is done and dusted and we are promoted, if we draw there this weekend it will be looked at as unnacceptable by most on here until we get promoted. The only places I think a draw isn't a bad result in this league is Tannadice or Falkirk, even if we draw with these 2 at home I don't see it as terrible results.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

0-1 would do me.
    Conditions could be poor and smaller tighter pitch open to the elements
    Think a diffetent line ip needed to eek out a win here D B S is assuming we can rock up and produce the same performance we showed v United but every game is different
    But we certainly shouldn't be lacking in confidence

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Any decent watering holes through there.. never been there before...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NthCarolinaHibs View Post
    Any decent watering holes through there.. never been there before...
    The Stags Head is right outside Dumbarton East station. Not the classiest of places but has football on the telly and about a 5/10 minute walk to the ground

First Team Breakthrough
    Never mind hot, is there any chance it could be off...anybody know the conditions through there?

First time ive headed over to dumbarton, looking forward to the game. Hoping hibs play attacking right from the start, hate to see us sit in. Go for it and we should be winning the majority of our games in the league. Friday prime example. Keep the momentum going and no less than 3 points and keep all the pressure in utd to keep up with us.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    First time ive headed over to dumbarton, looking forward to the game. Hoping hibs play attacking right from the start, hate to see us sit in. Go for it and we should be winning the majority of our games in the league. Friday prime example. Keep the momentum going and no less than 3 points and keep all the pressure in utd to keep up with us.

what game(s) has this team sat in against

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    what game(s) has this team sat in against
    Not so much this season but just want attacking football for 90 mins

I take it that as a town, Dumbarton's facilities are somewhat rudimentary sports bars and old jakey haunts, and that acceptable restaurants, decent wine/cocktail bars will be conspicuous by their absence and best enjoyed in Glasgow?

Asking for a friend.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I take it that as a town, Dumbarton's facilities are somewhat rudimentary sports bars and old jakey haunts, and that acceptable restaurants, decent wine/cocktail bars will be conspicuous by their absence and best enjoyed in Glasgow?

Asking for a friend.
    Our bus is booked into Cameron House pre-match - just 6 miles from the ground.

Any plans for inspection?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Any plans for inspection?

Doesn't look like it.
    Pitch at the @CID_Scotland Stadium in great condition ahead of today's #SonsvHibs clash. The Crags (in the background) looking picturesque!

The game isnt on Hibs T V any pther way of wstching it for those thatcant be thete in person