hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Scotty Allan

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jackkennedy1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Allan is a better player than Fyvie.
    Have to disagree.......But I suppose it depends on what your ratin them on..

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jackkennedy1 View Post
    Allan is a better player than Fyvie.
    Technique, yes, attitude no.

Give me Fyvie any day of the week above Allan - Allan is sadly a young man who's a 'has been' - his only out will be if Warburton has the bottle to go for him again - Halliday and Holt have been found out for the poor players they are and unless The Rangers bail Scott out, he's destined for the scrap heap !

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Not in my opinion, in fact I would say as a professional footballer Fyvie is a class ahead of Allan.
    Agreed and he's contributed a lot more to us in his time here than Allan did even if at times Allan did look a talented player
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 16-01-2017 at 10:45 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Agreed and he's contributed a lot more to us in his time here than Allan did even if at times Allan did look a talented player
    This division is as much to do with guts and heart than pure football skill. In the trenches who would u rather have SA or FF ? Fraser, for me, every time.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    This division is as much to do with guts and heart than pure football skill. In the trenches who would u rather have SA or FF ? Fraser, for me, every time.
    Fraser, a good player with good attitude and seems to want to play for us.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Fraser. Steamed forward to bring us to attack in the 91st minute at hampden.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    And every bit an important part in us winning the game as SDG's goal - let's not forget that!

FF

Fyvie is always at least a 7 for graft alone

Allan for show
    Fyvie for Doh

Allan or Fyvie.

Both players' careers have been similar in many respects, but then so different in what they've achieved.

Allan - Played a few games for United and thought he was better than them. Manufactured a move down south and achieved the square root a nothing. Returned to Scotland and settled into a Hibs team that had been relegated to the second league of that country. Played really well, but became a disruptive figure when The Huns declared an interest. Was sold to Celtic, who farmed him off to Rotherham (bottom of the Championship). Rotherham got rid of him as his attitude was poor and disruptive. Thinks he is a better player than he is.

Fyvie - Played a few games for Aberdeen and looked to better himself down south (don't know if that was an amicable separation). Was transferred to a team down south. Whilst not a total success, at least he won a English FA Cup Winners medal - the highlight of many players career. Returned to Scotland and settled into a Hibs team that had been relegated to the second league of that country. Played really well and became a solid dependable player. Became a club legend by being not only a Scottish Cup winner, but someone who played a key role during the game right up to the game defining moment. Gives all in each game.

Allan or Fyvie - there really is no point in discussing this! Scott who!!

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Would be gutted if we couldn't keep hold of Fyvie after this season. He's an absolutely massive player for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Would be gutted if we couldn't keep hold of Fyvie after this season. He's an absolutely massive player for us.
    I never rated him to be honest and it wasn't until he got injured I appreciated how big a loss to the team he was. I also hope we can keep hold of him. 👍🏼

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Fyvie is always at least a 7 for graft alone

Allan for show
    Fyvie for Doh
    Spot on.

(BTW, I don't know if he can sing. I think it's 'dough')

Scott Allan would struggle to make our bench??! This is like something off of kickback.

Some hugely outlandish statements which I can only put down to ill-feeling over the way he left.

It's all completely hypothetical of course, but ridiculous nonetheless.

Scott Allan, on his form he was on with us would be first pick in the team if he signed again, like he was last time. Without Commons there we have struggled many times to open teams up, Allan has got that in his locker.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    The mere fact that Scott Allan is thought of in such negative terms by a sizeable chunk of our support is sufficient to ensure that he never plays for us again.
    The atmosphere at Dumbarton at ‘that game’ when he divided opinion and was the target for some of our guys was the most poisonous I’ve ever experienced in a Hibs crowd.
    Utterly depressing.

Signing Andy Halliday would perhaps be more acceptable to the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    The mere fact that Scott Allan is thought of in such negative terms by a sizeable chunk of our support is sufficient to ensure that he never plays for us again.
    The atmosphere at Dumbarton at ‘that game’ when he divided opinion and was the target for some of our guys was the most poisonous I’ve ever experienced in a Hibs crowd.
    Utterly depressing.

Signing Andy Halliday would perhaps be more acceptable to the majority.
    You could say the same for Kevin Thomson and Ian Murray. We got over them quickly.

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I never rated [Fyvie] to be honest and it wasn't until he got injured I appreciated how big a loss to the team he was. I also hope we can keep hold of him. 👍🏼
    I've never rated him either. I think our downturn in form when he was injured was unrelated to our missing him.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2016 Delivered View Post
    You could say the same for Kevin Thomson and Ian Murray. We got over them quickly.
    Katie and Ihun were unpopular with many - true.
    But nothing compared to the furore at Dumbarton.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Is he actually linked with a move back or is this just 8 pages of nonsense and pointless bickering?

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    He also chased and harried and won us the corner that led to the equaliser!

I would hope that a new contract will be on the table for FF. He is an integral part of the team and should be one of the first names on the team sheet every week for me!

As for Allan.... he's had his time for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Allan is arguably the best midfielder I have seen in 11+ years of watching Hibs, possibly second only to Scott Brown.

He's a ****, but that doesn't change my opinion of his ability.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Both of them gave us more than a single season before they left Hibs. Both contributed more than SA. Both achieved real success after leaving Hibs. Both were 'our own', so easier to forgive.

Sorry but IMO Scott Allan has blown his career. Huge potential, too little application.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I include ability, desire, attitude and consistency when I judge how good a professional footballer is, Scott Allan doesn't even come in my top ten of Hibs players.

He's a *** the same way as Halliday, Novo, Ferguson etc. **** them all.

He should never be allowed to put on the Hibs strip again. How he could he have thought he'd get a move to Rangers is beyond belief and a slap in the face to Stubbs/Hibs for getting his career back on track at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I include ability, desire, attitude and consistency when I judge how good a professional footballer is, Scott Allan doesn't even come in my top ten of Hibs players.
    Agreed.

Not sure he is even in the top 10 players called Scott who have played for Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Both of them gave us more than a single season before they left Hibs. Both contributed more than SA. Both achieved real success after leaving Hibs. Both were 'our own', so easier to forgive.

Sorry but IMO Scott Allan has blown his career. Huge potential, too little application.
    Kevin Thomson in particular was hated more when he moved than Allan and that's a fact. Murray got abuse big time too. If Allan came back knuckled down and showed the form he had previously it would be forgotten. Yes we only had a year but you don't know what guarantees where given to him failing promotion, we got lucky having him in the first place coming into what was a shambles top to bottom.

@hibs.net private member
    Kevin Thomson in particular was hated more when he moved than Allan and that's a fact. Murray got abuse big time too. If Allan came back knuckled down and showed the form he had previously it would be forgotten. Yes we only had a year but you don't know what guarantees where given to him failing promotion, we got lucky having him in the first place coming into what was a shambles top to bottom.
    I think he was the one that got lucky. His career was going nowhere and I'd say he got more from being at Hibs than we did having him.

McGinn and McGeouch are better players anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    I think he was the one that got lucky. His career was going nowhere and I'd say he got more from being at Hibs than we did having him.

Agree, Hibs were the ones who saved him from the soccer scrap heap so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Technique, yes, attitude no.

Give me Fyvie any day of the week above Allan - Allan is sadly a young man who's a 'has been' - his only out will be if Warburton has the bottle to go for him again - Halliday and Holt have been found out for the poor players they are and unless The Rangers bail Scott out, he's destined for the scrap heap !
    I agree. Would the huns accept him back though after he snubbed them for celtic? They aren't the most forgiving bunch and despite them all bigging up how much of a rangers fan he was he chose celtic of all clubs. I could see a large element of the rangers support not being too happy to see him crawling back to them regardless of how good a player he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

Exactly, Allan wasn't doing us some charitable favour by deciding to come and play for us in the championship, it was hibs doing the favour by taking on a player who's career had hit a brick wall and we helped revive it.