hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotty Allan

I'd rather we got Liam Henderson

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah, the Allan thing was a new level of ridiculous behaviour from a footballer who had done nothing with his career to that point.

He was only one year into a contract, it was the first year he had any sort of run of games, he knew the level of competition between us and Rangers at that point and the pay back for getting his career on track was to try and put our club at risk.

I'm always happy for players to be ambitious but it wouldn't have hurt to buckle down and do what he wanted the next year. It's not as if he had been held here a long time and it was time to go. He was basically just in the door and decided to go again.

No danger he should be back here at any stage, he had the chance to play here and make a real career for himself and he decided that wasn't for him.
    The amount of ill feeling and disruption he caused was terrible for us. Remember it was our main rivals in the league he wanted to go to, though he ended at Celtic.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    It would seem that some on here would rather that we toiled to win this league rather than take back a player who might just guarantee we won it, utterly bizarre !
    Sorry, you are of course entitled to your opinion, but once bitten, twice shy, sums it up for me.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    That pass he made against Rangers at Ibrox in the 2-0 win still has me in awe. Quite extraordinary how he dissected the defence to put in Jason (albeit who then missed for Robertson to score).

One of the greatest passes I think I've ever seen live.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    It would seem that some on here would rather that we toiled to win this league rather than take back a player who might just guarantee we won it, utterly bizarre !
    Utterly bizzare to think that we're "toiling" without him.

Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    That pass he made against Rangers at Ibrox in the 2-0 win still has me in awe. Quite extraordinary how he dissected the defence to put in Jason (albeit who then missed for Robertson to score).

One of the greatest passes I think I've ever seen live.
    I wouldn't even say it was the best pass in that game, Fyvie's chip over the Sevco defence that Lewis volleyed home was sublime for the 2nd goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    Utterly bizzare to think that we're "toiling" without him.
    Bizarre to think we are running away with this league, it's only a few weeks ago that this place was going mental because we were not running away with it, any player who could help to put us out of sight of our challengers is welcome in my book.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Bizarre to think we are running away with this league, it's only a few weeks ago that this place was going mental because we were not running away with it, any player who could help to put us out of sight of our challengers is welcome in my book.
    That's why we signed Humphrey & Commons. We're doing just fine at the top of the league without him having just served our "challengers" a good old pumping. Scott Allan wouldn't get in our current team and isn't welcome.

That is bang on.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not really as a Scott Allan playing at the top of his form didn't guarantee it last time?

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    So you have a wife who on her day is a fantastic ride, not a bad cook and pretty good looking. After a year of this she then makes advances to your best mate, starts to be a moody bitch and basically upsets the rest of your family. You then get rid of her for a better model that also comes along with a huge wedge of cash and you have a great time. The old wife then has a string of disastrous relationships where she is well known to have a real attitude problem that no amount of counselling can help. She then may become available again. Do you take her back because she might still be great in bed but will probably still come with all of the problems from before? I certainly wouldn't
    It may not be everybody's cup of tea but I like this analogy. It has made me spend half the morning trying to work out whether a threesome between me, my missus and my ex might be a viable concern.

The only conclusion I've come to is that it is probably best that we don't try to sign Scott Allan after all.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It may not be everybody's cup of tea but I like this analogy. It has made me spend half the morning trying to work out whether a threesome between me, my missus and my ex might be a viable concern.

The only conclusion I've come to is that it is probably best that we don't try to sign Scott Allan after all.
    If we don't sign him maybe United will. Best for us to have him even if only squad player and if he does the biz again most people will forgive him. Don't fancy him playing for United this season at all. Same goes for GMS

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    If we don't sign him maybe United will. Best for us to have him even if only squad player and if he does the biz again most people will forgive him. Don't fancy him playing for United this season at all. Same goes for GMS
    Oh my god, does that mean we are going to need to sign Neymar, Suarez & Messi too to prevent United signing them

Cant wait

While I think Allan would definitely improve our squad I feel we have enough to go up already.

And I can't believe people are saying we sign him just so Hearts and Utd can't. What a waste of money that would be.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Please, no. That's how the Rantic operate - hooveresque.
    Let's not sink to that level.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    In the most honest analysis of this possible - he got into the first Stubbs team because we were rebuilding and he was the best option. He'd struggle to get off the bench for us nowadays.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    In the most honest analysis of this possible - he got into the first Stubbs team because we were rebuilding and he was the best option. He'd struggle to get off the bench for us nowadays.
    I'd played him down in this thread but that is way OTT. He would get in ahead of Shinnie and Boyle for sure.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    You seriously want to disrupt a team full of proven winners with a consistent loser?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    You seriously want to disrupt a team full of proven winners with a consistent loser?
    Exactly, the boy wanted to leave the Scottish Cup winners to go to the Scottish cup runners up then ended sitting on the bench of their rivals who got knocked out in the semis.

And how much wages would we have to pay Scott Allen?

would he add to the team.?.....if so, a loan where Celtic pay part of his wages might be good, he was good for hibs last time round

Allan can't play wide like Humphrey or Boyle and can't defend like Bartley or Martin, so are we dropping McGinn, Commons, Fyvie or McGeouch to fit Allan into our central midfield?

Allan would be on our bench at best.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

A bit off topic, but I see a post was deleted for being "bowf". I've not heard that for years.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Cracking player but a complete muppet, probably has his agent working overtime to get him a deal in China.

Its all about the money

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Cracking player but a complete muppet, probably has his agent working overtime to get him a deal in China.

Its all about the money
    Ching ching?

Lots of people really wanting Swanson. Would way prefer Allan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Allan can't play wide like Humphrey or Boyle and can't defend like Bartley or Martin, so are we dropping McGinn, Commons, Fyvie or McGeouch to fit Allan into our central midfield?

Allan would be on our bench at best.
    Allan is a better player than Fyvie.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackkennedy1 View Post

they are completely different players...so very hard to compare.

if I was choosing one for our team though, I'd choose Fyvie every day. Much more reliable, team player, top pro

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Perhaps but Allan isn't a defensive midfielder so I'd play Fyvie in his position for Hibs ahead of Allan any day of the week

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Not in my opinion, in fact I would say as a professional footballer Fyvie is a class ahead of Allan.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Not in my opinion, in fact I would say as a professional footballer Fyvie is a class ahead of Allan.

He's already got FA and Scottish cup winners medals and I strongly suspect that by the time both have retired he'll have far more honours to his name than Allan does. As a contrast between the two it's a real affirmation of the saying

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.