hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotty Allan

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, he was a joy to watch.
    My dad, who has watched Hibs since the 50s, would agree with you 100%.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    That sums him up though, doesn't it? Looks great in a youtube video but when the going gets tough he was missing. He was great against Rangers, Hearts and Dundee United that season, less so against Raith/Falkirk etc.

You think he would've been killing himself like Fyvie and Henderson at 2-1 down in the cup final? No chance.
    Great point. We'd have slavishly played to him all the time and MacKay or Halliday would have stuck to him like glue and got the plaudits from the weedge press for 'marking him out the game'.

It was, as the banner said, 'a time for heroes' and Hendo, Fritz and SJM were the gutbusters (to say nothing of Stokesy and SDG) who turned it our way. *

*In case anybody missed this one, Hibs defeated Rangers 3-2 in the final of the Scottish Cup at Hampden on May 21st, 2016, where a dramatic David Gray stoppage time header brought the cup back to Easter Road for the first time in 114 years.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    He was the best player in that league by a country mile, nevermind the best player in our team.
    Hardly. And how many goals did he score for us. Just use the one hand. Also in his career he has had 6 loan moves not far behind Tony Watt. Over rated over paid under achieving welt.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    My dad, who has watched Hibs since the 50s, would agree with you 100%.
    My dad wouldn't. He has been watching Hibs since the 40's and still attends home & away every week.

Blog Entries
    "Alan Stubbs axes Celtic loanee Scott Allan and tells the midfielder to up his game
    ROTHERHAM boss drops Hoops player to allow him to reflect on his recent performances for the English Championship side.
    "

Nobody will convince me that Mr Allan doesn't have an attitude problem. His career could be over long before it has got off the ground.

Left by mutual consent! WS Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    *In case anybody missed this one, Hibs defeated Rangers 3-2 in the final of the Scottish Cup at Hampden on May 21st, 2016, where a dramatic David Gray stoppage time header brought the cup back to Easter Road for the first time in 114 years.

In case anyone is interested, my Dad hates football and probably doesn't have a clue who Scott Allan is.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    My dad wouldn't. He has been watching Hibs since the 40's and still attends home & away every week.
    Too cold for my dad to go to away games these days though he does enjoy telling me about a certain away game he attended on 1st Jan 1973..

@hibs.net private member
    Jesus, McGinn has played 40 games more and he is three years younger.

Left by mutual consent!
    IMO getting way overhyped.

Bringing SA back would split our dressing room. Just ask big Fonts what he thinks about him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LithgaeHibby View Post
    Bringing SA back would split our dressing room. Just ask big Fonts what he thinks about him.
    What have you heard?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Hibs and Scott Allan just felt like a really great fit at the time, and he looked to be settled, playing great stuff, being touted for International call ups and appeared to be enjoying his football.
    Given the circumstances of his departure and the quality of our current midfield, he is not one I'd be desperate to see back. I'd hate to see him end up at Hearts though.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LithgaeHibby View Post
    Do tell?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

After we failed to come through the play-offs at the end of the 2014-15 season, Fonts and SA made a gentleman's agreement to stay with Hibs and help to get us promoted the next season, no matter what other offers came in. One of those two stuck to the agreement even if it didn't lead to promotion. Apparently Fonts (and others) went tonto with SA when he shot off as soon as the ugly sisters came calling. We have a great dressing room just now, so it's a no thanks for me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Too cold for my dad to go to away games these days though he does enjoy telling me about a certain away game he attended on 1st Jan 1973..
    I was just 2 then. Couldn't get ma daytime nap due to all the noise cumin fi Tyne.

Don't want him back with us but would hate it if he went to the jambos. For all I dislike the man, he is a very good player. Let's hope if doesn't happen.

Scott Allan is 25 years old and only made a little more than 100 first team appearances in his career, since he made his debut just over six years ago.

I think that tells you all that you need to know.

I wouldn't have him back even if he offered to pay to get a game for us.

@hibs.net private member
    Allan is a good footballer but there is clearly an issue with his attitude. At best we'd maybe get another good season out of him and then he'd be fancying a move elsewhere

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    People saying Allan wasn't that good for us are letting his actions cloud there judgement. Scott Allan was one of the best midfielders I've seen at Hibs.
    Surely not?

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    I loved watching Scott Allan at Hibs. Great passer of the ball, and could travel at speed.

However, I wouldn't bring him back at Hibs considering the midfield we now have, and also who is waiting for their turn on the bench (Scott Martin anyone)

Wish him all the best though - his performance in the 4-0 destruction of Der Hun was sublime and one of my favourite ever games at Easter Rd.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    In case anyone is interested, my Dad hates football and probably doesn't have a clue who Scott Allan is.

[QUOTE=MagicSwirlingShip;4905005]I loved watching Scott Allan at Hibs. Great passer of the ball, and could travel at speed.

However, I wouldn't bring him back at Hibs considering the midfield we now have, and also who is waiting for their turn on the bench (Scott Martin anyone)

Wish him all the best though

Agree on of the finest displays from a Hibs player against the old firm since Peter Marinello ran Rangers ragged with his baseball boots on at Ibrox in 1969

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    He was a fantastic player for us, there's no denying that. The way he tried to engineer a move to our title rivals (couldn't give a **** if he's a Rangers fan or not) was disgusting and disrupted our whole squad. For that reason, the wee backstabbing judas **** can rot IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 2016 Delivered View Post
    What game did SA not give 100%?
    Where did I say he didnt give 100% in games? I meant he was obviously more committed to moving to the huns the first chance he got. I'm glad Celtc took him though as we got a decent deal out of it in the end.

PS. There doesnt appear to be a notification box letting me know you replied so I just happened upon your post. Not sure if I have to activate that function or if it just doesnt exist.

Scott Allan in the semi final defeat to Falkirk ranks amongst some of the best individual displays I've seen from a Hibs player.

Wee fanny but there have been others who have left under iffy circumstances and came back. All part of the fickle joy of being a football fan.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    He was a fantastic player for us, there's no denying that. The way he tried to engineer a move to our title rivals (couldn't give a **** if he's a Rangers fan or not) was disgusting and disrupted our whole squad. For that reason, the wee backstabbing judas **** can rot IMO.
    Helped get AS the sack from Rotherham. It's a 2 from me.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    We rescued his career, he threw it back in our face. Hope he rots away in the lower leagues, another little chancer who can tell stories of how he was once a full time footballer.

**** him.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Superb player on his day when the team was set up around him, but equally he could be very frustrating.

I don't see a place for him in the current squad even before considering his antics here and elsewhere.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    Scott Allan in the semi final defeat to Falkirk ranks amongst some of the best individual displays I've seen from a Hibs player.

Wee fanny but there have been others who have left under iffy circumstances and came back. All part of the fickle joy of being a football fan.
    I completely agree, but also think we'd have more than likely have won that tie without him. Therein lies the paradox of SA.