hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotty Allan

First Team Breakthrough since90plustwo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FIN1875

Scotty Allan

Seen Scott Allan has been punted back to Celtic after another underwhelming year. What is wrong with this guy?? On his day with us he was unplayable - one of the brightest talents in Scotland. Even when he did (rarely) play for Celtic he seemed to do okay. Where will he end up next?? Something tells me he could end up at Hearts.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    He should have stayed with Hibs, picked up a Scottish cup medal and moved south for big money through the summer.

Let him rot.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I'd take him back, the lad is different class.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This.

Is there still a rule that prevents someone playing for more than 2 teams in one season?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I absolutely would not. He's done zero since leaving to convince me he'd improve our team.

Would much rather sign Henderson instead, even if we have to wait until summer.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    Is there still a rule that prevents someone playing for more than 2 teams in one season?
    I believe that it is now 3 teams.

He's a quality player but a grade A "Clem Fandango".

I reckon he's about the most gifted Scottish player around at the moment and should be a regular in the national side as well as playing for a top club.

Unfortunately he doesn't know what is good for him and will make poor career decision after poor career decision.

It's a real shame as I've probably enjoyed watching an on-form Scott Allan play as much as I've enjoyed watching any player play.

I'm not sure he'd be Lennon's cup of tea, but there's a bit of me that would always want to see us take a punt on him.

Hopefully he finds a manager who will do as much for him as Stubbs did, and if he's lucky enough to get that chance that he repays that with what he's capable of repaying it with.

In my heart of hearts, I see him squeezing as much cash out of Celtic as he can over the period of his contract there without remotely troubling the first team, before stumbling on a downwards trajectory through the English and Scottish leagues whilst making some bizarre stop-offs on whichever country has more money than sense and sees fit to offer him a decent contract once he's clearly not capable of making a sporting contribution any more.

Hes not proved it since leaving Hibs tbh

Everyone always talks about his attitude problem blah blah..

Is there any actual evidence of him having a poor attitude?

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Stubbs was quoted in the paper while at Rotherham basically saying he wasn't trying a leg.

Blog Entries

Did Stubbs not refer to his attitude problems while at Rotherham or have I invented that?

Left by mutual consent!
    We've got McGinn.

End of.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Stubbs was quoted in the paper while at Rotherham basically saying he wasn't trying a leg.
    Yep he made it clear he had dropped him as he wasnt giving his all so he clearly wasnt trying to keep himself in the first team Obviously this hasnt changed and he has been punted back He wont get a game for Veltic oether so he must know he will have to go out on loan again
    Is in danger of wasting his talent if he cant make go of next move

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    He should have stayed with Hibs, picked up a Scottish cup medal and moved south for big money through the summer.

Let him rot.
    This.

Simply never should be allowed to enter ER ever again. He embarrassed the club with his antics of throwing the toys out of the pram unless he got his move away from us.

Glory Glory

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo

We stopped his career continuing on a spiraling downwards trajectory but the second another team came sniffing he handed in his transfer request and bolted.

Happened at Dundee Utd as well although that was with Houston so you could see why he'd want to bail.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Who?

**** Scott Allan. He was itching for a move at a time when we needed everyone to pull together because we knew rangers were sorting their **** ahead of a promotion push.

He done us a favour to be honest. By allowing us to sign a player with the attitude, team spirit and never say die attitude of Liam Henderson. Given the choice of signing the two it's a no brainer for me and in terms of working with the players I reckon NL would probably feel the same way

Such a waste.

Look at John McGinn - three years younger and less natural talent but already he's played about twice as many first team games, with 2 Scotland caps to boot. Scott Allan should ask himself why that is the case.

Played a handful of games for Dundee United and made such a nuisance of himself he got a move south, was put out on loan and always returned due to manager differences. We get him and have a good man manager, then stuck up 2 fingers to supporters and management and moaned about wanting to join his boyhood heroes, spat the dummy out when told it wouldn't happen. Instead sold to Celtic which funded Dylan and SJM, back from another loan with more poor reports, **** him let him rot the little weasel.

Over and above Stubbs' comments about his time at Rotherham.......

The low number of first team games he's played in a career that started so promisingly, so early and with so much talent.

The atmosphere surrounding his departure from nearly every club he's been at.

His conduct during the fiasco when he tried to manufacture his move to Sevco.

His consistent poor performance and lack of impact when on loan at a number of clubs throughout his career.

His obvious dislike of tracking back and doing any sort of defending - most midfielders have to do some.

His quickness to want to bail on a manager who seemed to understand him and who built a team to compensate for his defensive frailties.

Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    This.

Simply never should be allowed to enter ER ever again. He embarrassed the club with his antics of throwing the toys out of the pram unless he got his move away from us.

Glory Glory
    By doing what exactly? Handing in a transfer request because he was apparently told we wouldn't step in his way if a bigger club came in for him and that was the condition he signed in the first place? He couldn't have been that much a problem for Stubbs to take him again. He didn't like Rotherham, who would? Saying that I can't see us signing him again, he will go to the likes of Dundee on loan, be brilliant and stall again going back to Celtic before eventually signing for a club on a perm then ultimately moving to rangers.

@hibs.net private member
    Folk saying that he hasn't done enough since leaving to suggest he wouldn't be a good signing is laughable, do they think his ability just vanished cause he hasn't played for Celtics first team enough?? The Lad is different class on his day and a good player even when he's not 100% at it. I'm not convinced he wants to be a team player enough which is why I'm not sure he would be what we need just now but if we go up in the summer and he is available I wouldn't mind seeing him back at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Over and above Stubbs' comments about his time at Rotherham.......

The low number of first team games he's played in a career that started so promisingly, so early and with so much talent.

The atmosphere surrounding his departure from nearly every club he's been at.

His conduct during the fiasco when he tried to manufacture his move to Sevco.

His consistent poor performance and lack of impact when on loan at a number of clubs throughout his career.

His obvious dislike of tracking back and doing any sort of defending - most midfielders have to do some.

His quickness to want to bail on a manager who seemed to understand him and who built a team to compensate for his defensive frailties.
    Why did Stubbs take him to Rotherham then?

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    He won't come back until his agent can confirm that the benches have been thoroughly sanded and varnished.

If he was keen to come and work then I would love to see him back.
    Fabulous player who would excel with these players around him.

I was annoyed at his antics when he let Rangers ruffle our feathers but i'd accept him for a last chance if hes grown up. Do we need him though?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Folk saying that he hasn't done enough since leaving to suggest he wouldn't be a good signing is laughable, do they think his ability just vanished cause he hasn't played for Celtics first team enough?? The Lad is different class on his day and a good player even when he's not 100% at it. I'm not convinced he wants to be a team player enough which is why I'm not sure he would be what we need just now but if we go up in the summer and he is available I wouldn't mind seeing him back at ER.
    He wouldnt get into our first choice midfield, suppose he coule put the cones out or something. Had a chance, blew it, th rew it back into the clubs face, no thank ya. And he isnt as good as he thinks he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    He wouldnt get into our first choice midfield, suppose he coule put the cones out or something. Had a chance, blew it, th rew it back into the clubs face, no thank ya. And he isnt as good as he thinks he is.
    Of course he would, don't kid yourself. Keatings, Boyle or Allan? If Commons is gone he would be perfect for our midfield.

@hibs.net private member
    U may have a point about our current 1st 11 but it's not 100% a given he wouldn't, there is an argument to be made he could very well get a place. The rest of ur post just makes u sound bitter, move on.