hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by JackLadd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Likely another Pole like the dude who did the exact same and got a two year ban and 1k fine today. Could be a case for putting these warning signs up in Polish also given the huge inconvenience and large numbers of East Euro drivers on the roads, not that they'd all pay attention but it might help.
    It's with posts like this and many others on the referendum thread I find it very hard to believe you are in fact a Hibbie.

Of course I don't doubt the Hibs support come from many and varied backgrounds however I find it unbelievable that anyone could support a club whose ethos is so divergent from their own beliefs and views.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Likely another Pole like the dude in January who did the exact same and got a two year ban and 1k fine today. Could be a case for putting these warning signs up in Polish also given the huge inconvenience and large numbers of East Euro drivers on the roads, not that they'd all pay attention but it might help.

Using the word Dude , does not make this post any less racist and offensive...

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The guy found guilty is from Macclesfield, and used a Polish interpreter, according to the BBC.

Doesn't excuse the casual xenophobia, of course.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    I did wonder due to his name. Thanks for the info.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    It's with posts like this and many others on the referendum thread I find it very hard to believe you are in fact a Hibbie.

Of course I don't doubt the Hibs support come from many and varied backgrounds however I find it unbelievable that anyone could support a club whose ethos is so divergent from their own beliefs and views.

What utter bollocks.

I'm suggesting we put up warning signs in Polish on the bridge as the last guy who ignored the signs was a non English reading Pole who got a two year ban this week and I will wager the one this week is a repeat, but I get personally attacked by insurgent nationalists questioning my Hibernian allegiance and suggesting I'm somehow racist on Poles. I can pm you my seat number in the South if you want to discuss this man to man, dude.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    What utter bollocks.

I'm suggesting we put up warning signs in Polish on the bridge as the last guy who ignored the signs was a non English reading Pole who got a two year ban this week and I will wager the one this week is a repeat, but I get personally attacked by insurgent nationalists questioning my Hibernian allegiance and suggesting I'm somehow racist on Poles. I can pm you my seat number in the South if you want to discuss this man to man, dude.
    I drove over the bridge late morning that day. There were at least a dozen lorries on the bridge at the time, all ignoring the warning signs. Were they all non-English speakers?

The guy who was convicted this week has lived in the UK for 9 years. How do you know he can't read English?

And what's your evidence for saying that the driver this week is Polish?

It's not "insurgent nationalists" who are questioning your casual xenophobia and homophobia on this, and other, threads.

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    What utter bollocks.

Hey Dude!! You have seriously outed yourself there. JackLadd is a Jambo who sits with the away support
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Hey Dude!! You have seriously outed yourself there. JackLadd is a Jambo who sits with the away support
    Beat me to it!

He's even got his favorite seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    You should have shut up a bit longer.

I was enjoying having someone to vent at.....but he's gone now.

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    You should have shut up a bit longer.

I was enjoying having someone to vent at.....but he's gone now.
    Sorry, no not really, one less embarrassing poster.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

I drove over the bridge late morning that day. There were at least a dozen lorries on the bridge at the time, all ignoring the warning signs. Were they all non-English speakers?

The guy who was convicted this week has lived in the UK for 9 years. How do you know he can't read English?

And what's your evidence for saying that the driver this week is Polish?

It's not "insurgent nationalists" who are questioning your casual xenophobia and homophobia on this, and other, threads.
    The driver this week was Lithuanian.
    And you already posted that the one convicted this week needed a Polish interpreter at his court case?

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    I can pm you my seat number in the South if you want to discuss this man to man, dude.
    ahahahaha what a way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    The driver this week was Lithuanian.
    And you already posted that the one convicted this week needed a Polish interpreter at his court case?
    I am guessing...and it is only a guess...that the guy needed an interpreter for the Court process. It's a daunting enough process for an English speaker.

However, the same report says that he has lived in the UK for 9 years. Therefore the accusation that he couldn't read the road signs "because he is Polish" has little basis.

We're well rid of the poster.

I am guessing...and it is only a guess...that the guy needed an interpreter for the Court process. It's a daunting enough process for an English speaker.

However, the same report says that he has lived in the UK for 9 years. Therefore the accusation that he couldn't read the road signs "because he is Polish" has little basis.

We're well rid of the poster.
    Fair enough. And yes, the poster was a jackass. 😊

Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    What utter bollocks.

In the South aye? HahahHaahahaha
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."