hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I doubted the figure quoted from the alleged Peterbourgh bid and have no idea if the £2.1 million QPR offer is real but if it is and we win our next two games it will be very tempting for the board.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubted the figure quoted from the alleged Peterbourgh bid and have no idea if the £2.1 million QPR offer is real but if it is and we win our next two games it will be very tempting for the board.
    I think Lennon might be tempted too, and I'm sure he'd have a say.

Whilst I think Lennon kinda rates him, I don't think he's 100% convinced. If he were to be promised a decent wedge to get a replacement, I think Lennon might be tempted to cash in.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Whilst I think Lennon kinda rates him, I don't think he's 100% convinced. If he were to be promised a decent wedge to get a replacement, I think Lennon might be tempted to cash in.
    Think your right.

That would be the 'mortgage' money we need for Samaras too.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    People who think it would be a good idea for JC to leave the club now need their heads examining.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Would hate to lose him, but if a club comes in with a really big offer, he'll probably be sold. That's always been the reality for a club of our size: if the money is too good to refuse, it won't be. We'll find out soon enough whether there's any truth in the rumour.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    not really i found it quite amusing if stokes can be got maybe its good money if it can be invested in the team
    It's a fake Twitter account ie. made up nonsense.

Jason Cummings means a lot more to Hibernian football club than Neil Lennon - Leanne will know this though.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    People who think it would be a good idea for JC to leave the club now need their heads examining.

Playing the formation we did against Dundee United, I would put my money on JC scoring a phenomenal amount of goals in the second half of the season. In which case, his value is only going north. So to sell now would be folly.

Left by mutual consent!

£5 million plus 30% sell on.

It's. Drop in the ocean down there!

if he played and scored as frequently in the 3rd tier..""..no question would be asked!

He knows where the goals are!
    Last edited by Ryan69; 11-01-2017 at 01:14 AM.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    QPR are not a big club. Smaller stadium than ER. Jase could do a lot better than them. We need him and he's worth a lot more than £2M given the donkeys QPR have thrown money at anyway...
    Last edited by Baader; 11-01-2017 at 03:31 AM.

Testimonial Due
    Cummings leaving would be a massive loss.

I don't think he's a perfect player - I was firmly behind him being dropped earlier this season, but I'm glad he's back in the team again and I think he'll be a stronger player for the experience.

He has a personality the like of which we've not had in a player for a while. If he were to leave there would be an enormous gap in the dressing room and with so much football still to be played this season, that could be critical.

I love his willingness to put himself under pressure, to stand up and be counted, to get in there and be prepared to miss many chances in the hope that he'll get his goal eventually.

We'd be losing more than a player, and I really hope he stays.
    Agree with this.

@hibs.net private member
    I'd be telling QPR to bolt. Jase has his faults but he's a 21 year old who scores a goal every 90 odd minutes and QPR are trying to pick him up for what amounts to sweeties for an English Championship team. We need to be promoted far more than we need 2m in the bank right at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    I'd be telling QPR to bolt. Jase has his faults but he's a 21 year old who scores a goal every 90 odd minutes and QPR are trying to pick him up for what amounts to sweeties for an English Championship team. We need to be promoted far more than we need 2m in the bank right at this moment.
    100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    QPR are not a big club. Smaller stadium than ER. Jase could do a lot better than them. We need him and he's worth a lot more than £2M given the donkeys QPR have thrown money at anyway...

Sadly they're much bigger if you go by how much they could pay Jason in wages, and that's all that counts nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Sadly they're much bigger if you go by how much they could pay Jason in wages, and that's all that counts nowadays.
    QPR last season averaged a crowd of a little under 16k at their home games. Comparable to us this year.

Sky TV has a lot to answer for - if ever there was a reason for a British League - this would be it!!

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Your season ticket got you into Hamilton v Hibs, at Hamilton? Btw I'm Cummings biggest fan but the game against Hamilton was not a premiership game. We were playing a team who were a Championship side until their winning penalty hit the net, in a game after the premiership season had finished. Hamilton had not played a single match in the premier league for about 5 years in the build up to that game.

He has consistently proved since however, that he is more than capable of scoring against premier sides in cup games. He also regularly scores in the big games when it matters. Nowhere near ready to move yet though and other than the big wage increase, it would be terrible for his career. He'd be back up the road on loan to someone within 12-18 months. Would be ridiculous for us to sell when we are challenging to get out of this brutal league as well.

No deal banker.
    No, It got me into Hibs vs Hamilton at ER, which unless I'm mistaken was the same tie, just the second leg... Which was the guys point, seemingly it is only a Premiership tie if your ST works... In this case I was just showing how daft and contradictory the statement about using your ST to get in was.

Again, I agree he has scored against many PL teams and will continue to do so, however it is factually incorrect to say he hasn't played in a Premiership game, when that was officially a Premiership game.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    guy on twitter saying fee off 2.1 mill for jase

https://twitter.com/AgentKevinITK

Thats the same clown that posted the 3 year old photo of samaras at Edinburgh airport last week, he's also threatening to report someone for disagreeing with him........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I think it does matter. I think he needs to prove that he can score week in and week out against the best defences in the country and he can only do that if he's playing in the top league. I think there's no doubt he has the potential to do that as he's shown in the cup games over the last couple of years but I think he needs to score 15-20 goals over an entire season in the Premiership before he can say with any certainty that he's ready to move to England.
    Everton just bought a kid from the English 3rd tier for £11m. Brentford want more than £15m for Scott Hogan. Clubs pay for potential & JC has that in spades.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    No, It got me into Hibs vs Hamilton at ER, which unless I'm mistaken was the same tie, just the second leg... Which was the guys point, seemingly it is only a Premiership tie if your ST works... In this case I was just showing how daft and contradictory the statement about using your ST to get in was.

Again, I agree he has scored against many PL teams and will continue to do so, however it is factually incorrect to say he hasn't played in a Premiership game, when that was officially a Premiership game.
    The play offs aren't part of the Premiership season - they are the play offs.

If Hamilton had lost against us could you have been able to say any of their players had played in the Premiership due to that game?

Anyway, he could score against Premiership teams no problem - he has shown that.

I think when it comes to things like semi finals, play offs, cup finals, he has a wee bit to go though - Hearts in the cup certainly he scored important goals but last year's play offs we were looking for Keatings and some defenders to help us out with the goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Playing the formation we did against Dundee United, I would put my money on JC scoring a phenomenal amount of goals in the second half of the season. In which case, his value is only going north. So to sell now would be folly.
    Spot on - the system we've persisted with previously didn't suit his style of play - but playing with pace and width will bring out the best in him.
    Last edited by scooby; 11-01-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Exactly.

I think a lot of people pay too much attention to the things that JC doesn't do too well, or at least could improve on, and automatically think we should accept any reasonable bid. The fact is that he scores goals and I can't see that ending any time soon. He just has a knack for it, and I'm 100% convinced that he will continue to score not only in this league but also the premier should we get promoted.

Yes 2 million, should we be offered it, would be a lot of money to turn down, but if he goes on to score another 15 this season, followed by 20ish next season, we would be dealing with far higher bids.

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Everton just bought a kid from the English 3rd tier for £11m. Brentford want more than £15m for Scott Hogan. Clubs pay for potential & JC has that in spades.
    English clubs throw money at each other for players that I have never heard of. But when the best player in a Scottish team gets quoted, English clubs go all miserly and adopt a Scrooge mentality, hoping to score a bargain. Perhaps cause they know clubs up here don't have financial strength in depth from Sky money.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Totally agree with you but unfortunately jase plays in Scottish championship .

@hibs.net private member
    Posh mugged QPR off good and proper this time last year for Conor Washington - a League Two striker at best who went through a 12-week purple patch where he couldn't stop scoring for us. The MacAnthony/Fry hype machine went into overdrive and we were £2.5m better off.

QPR may have learned their lesson and won't offer enough for Leeann and Neil to be tempted to sell Jason. On the other hand, they may be as mad as ever and offer about £10m for him - about right based on what they paid for Conor.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by Earlydelivery View Post
    Look
    I am your father!

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    5 million and stay at Hibs till the end of the season and it's a deal.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2016 Delivered View Post
    Jason Cummings means a lot more to Hibernian football club than Neil Lennon - Leanne will know this though.
    Strange thing to say I wonder what you base that on?

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    You based your argument on whether or not I could use a season ticket, which I could that day... No awkwardness, just a plain fact. Whether people want to give him credit or not he has scored twice in a premiership tie, and also 16 against current premiership sides, so the myth about him not doing it at that level is nonsense.
    You can't give him credit for scoring goals in the Premiership when he hasn't although you appear to be trying to. Hamilton weren't a premier league team when we played them. Check his stats - 16 Prem league games / 0 goals. I firmly believe that he will continue to bang goals in in the top league if he is still here when we get promoted but that's a different topic.

Selling him in Jan and replacing him with Stokes would be madness IMO. We dont need to sell him so we shouldn't be even considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    The play offs aren't part of the Premiership season - they are the play offs.

If Hamilton had lost against us could you have been able to say any of their players had played in the Premiership due to that game?

Anyway, he could score against Premiership teams no problem - he has shown that.

I think when it comes to things like semi finals, play offs, cup finals, he has a wee bit to go though - Hearts in the cup certainly he scored important goals but last year's play offs we were looking for Keatings and some defenders to help us out with the goals.
    Again, you may want to tell the SPFL that the play off's are not Premiership games, as their branding must be all wrong.

He scored twice against Hamilton, Once against Rangers, One vs St Johnstone (All play off's or Semi finals), Keatings scored away to Falkirk because Jason was on the bench. Unfortunately in the home game its very difficult to score against 10 defenders, see Raith game when it took a long range McGinn effort to break the deadlock. He scored in nearly every big game we played last season, apart from the two cup finals, where he had a massive hand in us reaching that stage.