hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That works if you forget Stokes, Henderson and Gunnarson and were loan signings!
    Aye, but a Stokes or Hendo loan signing is a totally different loan signing from the likes of Tom Soares, Roy O'Donovan or Matt Doherty. Even the permanent players are just a little more than a step up from Sean O'Hanlon.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Aye, but a Stokes or Hendo loan signing is a totally different loan signing from the likes of Tom Soares, Roy O'Donovan or Matt Doherty. Even the permanent players are just a little more than a step up from Sean O'Hanlon.
    So the point is the quality of players not whether they are loans or short term.

Soares and Doherty I suppose also went on to play a fair bit of football at a decent level after their short stay here. We will see if Stokes and Henderson play football again any time soon!

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    So the point is the quality of players not whether they are loans or short term.

Soares and Doherty I suppose also went on to play a fair bit of football at a decent level after their short stay here. We will see if Stokes and Henderson play football again any time soon!
    I'd suggest it was more the attitude of the players. They could have had all the talent in the world but seemed to lack motivation/passion for the cause, something which couldn't have been leveled at our 2016 loanees, particularly Hendo. Having met Soares prior to the cup final, I got the impression he'd rather have been anywhere else than at Hibs.

In regards to their post-Hibs careers,

Tom Soares signed for Bury who have yo-yo'd between league 1 and 2.

Matt Doherty got relegated to league 1 on his return to Wolves. In their subsequent return to the Championship for the most part they have languished around the wrong end of the table.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Well deserved. Congrats, big man

Yup. Saw him on the Beeb last weekend, seeing Rochdale through against Barrow.

Pleasant memories.

I was thinking of putting a tenner or so on Rochdale for the FA Cup, actually.

You never know ....

Brilliant

What a story for him, 16 months out injured and first game back becomes a hero. Delighted for him!

Anytime you want to come up and visit Conrad you'll be more than welcomed at ER. Forever a club legend

Jesus I think my 80 year old grandad is a step up from Sean O'Hanlon!

If we'd won it in 2012 or 2013 I honestly don't think it'd have been as special. There's just so much to it - coming back after the league cup to knock out the defending champions, the whole thing about beating Raith away from home in the fourth round being an omen, beating Hearts after being 2-0 down at Tynie with ten to play, Conrad's heroics against Dundee United, coming back from losing in the playoffs, Stokes finally coming onto a game at just the right time, going 2-1 down with just over ten to play in the final, the last minute goal against our biggest rivals for the last two seasons - you genuinely couldn't script it.

You could make a movie about it and it'd be dismissed as being too saccharine.
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Our first goal in the competition away to Raith being our 1,000 Scottish cup goal ever. Scored by a lifelong Hibs fan with his first ever goal for the club. Written in the stars.

Hearts fans having a million hour countdown to the last time we won the cup in 1902, which I think was due to be met about two days after the final #oops
    Absolutely agree, the whole thing is just an incredible story. The cup run itself was amazing. It had everything really, derby comeback in the dying minutes, a replay derby in front of a packed ER under the floodlights with a spine tingling SoL at the end, up at ICT that had notoriously been a bogey ground for us in the past, penalty drama in the semi then to beat the huns after going behind in the last minute. Stuff of dreams really.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I see where you are coming from but I'm happy enough with the untainted memory.
    Agreed.

After watching the semi highlights again I honestly think that this game is just as important and iconic as the final and Mr. Logan is now forever a legend for the part he played.

I didn't have a clue what to think when he was announced on the day but these fantastic blocks from their one on ones made me think that this was going to be our day. Another save that's often forgotten about is the one from Rankin. An absolute fizzer that he did fantastically to get down to and are the hardest ones for a keeper to save.

Legendary penalty shoot out performance and I firmly believe his antics got to the first two United takers. In fact, I know it did judging by the reactions of their two scorers (one abusive and the other just ice cold).

If he hadn't have done that then who knows what might have happened. Kawashima was inches away from saving every one of our spot kicks and if they had scored their first two then who knows how it might have effected our takers when it came to conviction. Their keeper was a penalty expert who did well and even managed to figure out that Jase would do something out of the ordinary again (hats off to Jase for having the balls to outfox him though).

He actually had nothing to do in the final and it will be all about David Gray and Stokes...but what a few games this man had for us.