hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

@hibs.net private member

Commons - any update?

Any update on whether or not we are keeping him? Am I right in saying that the loan deal expired today?

Is he still training with us?

First Team Breakthrough Mathias Jack's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GazA1875
    Expires on the 15th, so he'll be available this weekend.

Lennon said in an interview after the United game that they'd be discussing it with Celtic this week.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Expires on the 15th, so he'll be available this weekend.

Lennon said in an interview after the United game that they'd be discussing it with Celtic this week.
    Isn't it the 10th?

Testimonial Due
    Thought it was the 10th myself. Was hoping that it was maybe some technicality than Hibs couldn't say anything publicly as that would breach the emergency loan rule and they'd have to wait until tomorrow until announcing any extension.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Just googled it and several newspapers reported 15th January.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Just googled it and several newspapers reported 15th January.
    Pretty sure Lennon said in a post match interview at the weekend that Commons' contract expired on 10 January

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Sportsound said the 10th

When did he sign? I thought the emergency loan needed to be for at least 29 days

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    When did he sign? I thought the emergency loan needed to be for at least 29 days

He hasn't, thats what this thread is about. Any update on whether he's signing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    He hasn't, thats what this thread is about. Any update on whether he's signing or not.
    First signed. That would tell us the date his initial loan period should end

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Oh he has, that's why he played against Morton, Raith, Falkirk and Dundee Utd.

The poster was asking when he signed for those games.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Oh he has, that's why he played against Morton, Raith, Falkirk and Dundee Utd.

The poster was asking when he signed for those games.

Ah I thought the poster meant he wasn't aware he'd signed on loan and was asking about a deal until the end of the season.

Testimonial Due
    Absolute steal if we get him for 10% of his wage.

Amazing how many people have access to his personal financial details. Wish I was in the cool club......

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Amazing how many people have access to his personal financial details. Wish I was in the cool club......
    Lol

Maybe my illogical logic but

Petrie is an accountant.

Attractive bids are made.

He sees the pound signs.

Thinks Hibs will be promoted without McGinn, and possibly Cummings, if he can get a short term sticking plaster, Commons.

Takes the money.

He has got previous.

He has got one huge issue to sell it to the fan base especially the newly signed up season and half season ticket holders, so I hope I am completely and utterly wrong, but can't get rid of the niggling thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post

Petrie is an accountant.

He sees the pound signs.

Thinks Hibs will be promoted without McGinn, and possibly Cummings, if he can get a short term sticking plaster, Commons.

Takes the money.

He has got previous.

He has got one huge issue to sell it to the fan base especially the newly signed up season and half season ticket holders, so I hope I am completely and utterly wrong, but can't get rid of the niggling thought.
    He would have a mutiny on his hands if he did. Leanne would not accept it for one.

Petrie is an accountant.

He sees the pound signs.

Takes the money.

He has got previous.

Problem with this scenario is Petrie is purely a figurehead and all dealings are done by LD.

Petrie is an accountant.

He sees the pound signs.

Takes the money.

He has got previous.

Ru for real?? And it's Dempster who makes the decisions NOT petrie...why would any Hibs fan advocate selling our 2 best players...unreal!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Ru for real?? And it's Dempster who makes the decisions NOT petrie...why would any Hibs fan advocate selling our 2 best players...unreal!!

I think he's playing devils Advocate..........or is that Jeff Sessions
    Last edited by houstonhibbee; 10-01-2017 at 08:50 PM.

Petrie is an accountant.

He sees the pound signs.

Takes the money.

He has got previous.

Has he? Don't remember him selling any star players who we've needed to get promoted before?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Has he? Don't remember him selling any star players who we've needed to get promoted before?
    Maybe not promotion, but he sold Gaz just before the SC semi v Hearts.
    We all know how that turned out.
    Last edited by snooky; 10-01-2017 at 11:08 PM.

Would be nice to have Commons until the end of the season if we can do it. I'd rather just keep the squad we've got than negotiate with any of the named players on this thread though.

I can't believe one or two have suggested selling Cummings in order to throw the money at wages for an unfit Kris commons on a loan for 4 months. Regardless of how much you may have it in for JC, that would be the worst piece of player business I've seen from Hibs.

Hopefully we come to an agreement not dissimilar in terms of wage percentages to the one we've had for the past month, and Commons remains a hibs player for the rest of the season.

After the Reception he got just warming up V United ,the Board arent going to score an og amd sell him At least not in this Window
    Cummings is on a scoring run and thats what we have needed so again why risk selling in this window
    Promotion is the Goal No key player will go imo till tjat is achieved

If hibs sold mcginn or cummings never mind both of them and we failed to get promotion, i think petrie better emigrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    If hibs sold mcginn or cummings never mind both of them and we failed to get promotion, i think petrie better emigrate.
    Unless they threaten to down tools or an outrageous offer comes in (e.g. £10M for JMG), Hibs will not sell either in Jan. To do so, risks promotion and brassing off the biggest Hibs crowd in a generation.

In previous years, the biggest threat would be from Celtic or The "Club Formerly Known as" Rangers. The former doesn't need either just now, the latter has no money.

It really is silly season otherwise known as the transfer window. McGinnis and Cummings are going nowhere as we are only focused on getting promoted. All these made up scenarios are some harmless fun but that's all. One more player in either commons or a n other and that's all there will be.

Honestly we all moan on here about the likes of the Sun and Daily Ranger with their made up stories about Hibs and we have some of our own fans on here making things up?? No wonder this 💩appears in the red tops...they pick it up off here

At least our guys mainly see us ok dont run down deals leave for free like over road.

@hibs.net private member
    Let's imagine we sell SJM for 2 mill this window, ( imagine I said, calm down )

£600,000 ish straight to St Midden, that leaves us with 1.4 million. So let's break that down 3 years left on contract and if we let him run out his contract would get ( a guess between £400,000 - £500,000.) development fee not sure if St Mirren would get 30% of this figure as technically it ain't a sell on fee.
    So loosing out roughly 1 Mill over three years but having him at the club helping us to get higher league position with more money that will bring in, also more bums in seats if winning games.
    So my conclusion is Take the 2 mill ( if anyone is stupid enough to think it should be excepted, from their board) and ram it where the sun don't shine,
    Starting price no less than 4.5 mill in my view starting summer window 2018.

Same type scenario for Cummings in my opinion too. So that means that I wouldn't sell either to fund Commons.

GGTTH
    Last edited by southern hibby; 11-01-2017 at 06:00 AM.