hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Slightly concerned

If sky news is to be believed Chelsea are planing to raid Celtic of Dembele for a bid of anything between 20 - 40 million . Not good for us as I would expect Celtic to then put a bid in for John McGinn the hottest young prospect in Scotland bar none.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swordin3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If sky news is to be believed Chelsea are planing to raid Celtic of Dembele for a bid of anything between 20 - 40 million . Not good for us as I would expect Celtic to then put a bid in for John McGinn the hottest young prospect in Scotland bar none.
    Why?

They can get him in the summer. Why would they be desperate to get him now? Don't think you need to be concerned at all.

@hibs.net private member
    Take the cash plus 20% sell on plus Leigh Griffiths & Liam Henderson.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hibs could break the record yet again....

Amazing that Brown's transfer fee still stands...and it has been 10 years.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    We don't need to sell, and Lawell is not going to throw big money around in Scotland. McGinn won't be going anywhere this window in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    On the other hand that kind of cash could shift their signing policy towards focusing more on higher profile players ready to play a part in their champions league campaign next season rather than guys like McGinn who still have a long way to go in their development to be able to perform at that level. I suppose they could do both though.

Not a chance of this happening in this transfer window!!

I don't understand why Chelsea signing Dembele a striker would be a precursor for Celtic signing Super John. Don't think Celtic require bringing in money to put in a bid for SJM as they are the only club in Scotland that could afford the transfer fee. And its not a like for like. If they want to bid for SJM they don't need to sell first.

Doesn't add up.

Glory Glory

@hibs.net private member
    I would say they are less likely to be looking elsewhere in Scotland for their signings if they have 40m banked from selling Dembele. However if they are interested in signing John, I don't imagine they would need to sell Dembele before bidding. They know The Rangers can't afford him so there's no rush to beat them to it.

I'll pass thanks.

Sniff Sniff....

If Celtic wanted him enough they could buy him now regardless of whether they sell Dembele or not.

They'll have to pay through the nose. Would rather he didn't go near that *****hole

Still don't understand why selling Dembele a striker would suddenly force Celtic into making an offer for a midfielder in McGinn 2 different players in different positions, surely if they sold Dembele they'd be looking at buying a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Still don't understand why selling Dembele a striker would suddenly force Celtic into making an offer for a midfielder in McGinn 2 different players in different positions, surely if they sold Dembele they'd be looking at buying a striker.
    This 👍🏼

eh aye ok then.

Getting desperate

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    If Celtic wanted him enough they could buy him now regardless of whether they sell Dembele or not.
    Exactly.

Concerned?

1. Top of our domestic league with healthy lead
    2. Form very strong and we have an experienced manager (unlike the losers across the road)
    3. Conceded lowest amount of goals across the whole of Europe
    4. Top of the development league as well
    5. Current Scottish Cup holders
    6. Biggest average home crowd in over 40 years

Only concern i have is they are overloading themselves with unknown players. I haven't got a clue who we will be up against.

For me SJM would probably need at least one season in the Scottish Premier before celtc come calling. celtc are cruising in the league and will surely be looking at the champions league games to make money, by signing players to achieve these. As brilliant as I think SJM is he is still a bit away from that level.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Celtic have returned to the transfer policy seen under Martin O'Neill, they will not be spending money on Scottish players.

Can we leave the yam-hunting to the admin team please? If anyone feels strongly enough about a post can you use the report function. Or even the ignore function as we're not going to allow witch hunts to continue on here. Thanks.

Left by mutual consent!
    The Celtic scouting team have absolutely no interest in either loaning players to or buying players from Hibernian FC. We are eight points clear. I will donate £20 a piece if either Hendo, Stokes, Commons or Ambrose are Hibs players by 1st Feb ITKs put your money where your keyboard's are and leave the lesser green reserves to their development league.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavoj Zizek View Post
    The Celtic scouting team have absolutely no interest in either loaning players to or buying players from Hibernian FC. We are eight points clear. I will donate £20 a piece if either Hendo, Stokes, Commons or Ambrose are Hibs players by 1st Feb ITKs put your money where your keyboard's are and leave the lesser green reserves to their development league.
    Stokes is a Blackburn Rovers player.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If Celtc coming looking for SJM with better than 20 million on the hip, why would we be worried about that?

Quote Originally Posted by HNA4 View Post
    Can we leave the yam-hunting to the admin team please? If anyone feels strongly enough about a post can you use the report function. Or even the ignore function as we're not going to allow witch hunts to continue on here. Thanks.
    So someone posting crap should not be called out?

If Chelsea's swoop for Craig Gordon have succeeded would we expect an approach for, say, Fraser Fyvie?

Makes about as much sense as the OP.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    So someone posting crap should not be called out?

If Chelsea's swoop for Craig Gordon have succeeded would we expect an approach for, say, Fraser Fyvie?

Makes about as much sense as the OP.
    I don't think it takes that much of a stretch of the imagination to think that Celtic with £40m in the bank might want to snap up the best of the talent around. They will want to sign another striker, but they won't be spending anywhere near the full amount on one.
    I fail to see how having that opinion makes you a hearts fan.

United we stand here....

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I don't think it takes that much of a stretch of the imagination to think that Celtic with £40m in the bank might want to snap up the best of the talent around. They will want to sign another striker, but they won't be spending anywhere near the full amount on one.
    I fail to see how having that opinion makes you a hearts fan.
    No but starting a thread to get a set of fans 'worried' on transfer day might point to that - particularly when the content of a low post count seems to pretty much cover Hearts related topics...