Quote Originally Posted by Superfuddyhibby View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
If the players shared your view then international football would cease to exist. Big clubs would obviously prefer it if their employees lost their appetite to represent their countries.

As for archaic, out dated and a waste of time. Well, if we applied that analysis to Scottish football we would be as well as to ask 95% of our clubs to pack it in tomorrow?

Fortunately, football is much more than business to supporters and there is still a demand for international football from fans, even in wee diddy nations like Scotland.

As for an expanded world cup. Nonsense, it smacks of greed and money making on the part of FIFA.
Moreso the bureaucrats than the clubs but I get what you mean.

Is there though? Previously I couldn't really careless but I'd go, every now and then, if there was a spare ticket on the bus now there's not even a bus running from here. The prices, the standard and the day in general putting people off.

Football is much more than a business I never suggested it wasn't but surely lining the SFAs pockets is more business like than anything else. What return on £60 a head do we see in our game after an international against England for example?