hibs.net Messageboard

Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1

    Official Site: SUPPORTER REPRESENTATIVES - PERSONAL STATEMENTS DUE



  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    4,057
    Is anyone from this forum standing? Also, does anyone know if Frank or Amit are seeking re-election?
    Haven't really seen much talk so far about the forthcoming election of fans representatives.

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    18,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is anyone from this forum standing? Also, does anyone know if Frank or Amit are seeking re-election?
    Haven't really seen much talk so far about the forthcoming election of fans representatives.
    I'm guessing that we won't know any of that until the candidates are announced.

    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eastside
    Age
    58
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm guessing that we won't know any of that until the candidates are announced.

    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    My vote will be going to the supporters rep who convinces me that they will use online forums such as this one and the Bounce to communicate with the support. I don't expect them to be online every day, but i would expect a weekly or fortnightly summary of what's going on behind the scenes with the topics that affect us all. I voted for Amit last time and I would do that again, if he promises to communicate with the support a bit better. Anything else is just doesn't work for me

    GGTTH

  6. #5

    Official Site: SUPPORTER REPRESENTATIVES - PERSONAL STATEMENTS DUE

    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My vote will be going to the supporters rep who convinces me that they will use online forums such as this one and the bounce to communicate with the support. I don't expect them to be online every day, but i would expect a weekly or fortnightly summary of what's going on behind the scenes with the topics that affect us all. I voted for Amit last time and I would do that again, if he promises to communicate with the support a bit better. Anything else is just doesn't work for me

    GGTTH
    Hey,

    We've tried and tested a few things over the last 20 months or so and there are definitely methods and approaches that'll help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of communication (both online and offline).

    However, I'm sure each candidate will have their own idea of what they believe is the best approach or method.

    GGTTH

    Amit




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Set The Unicorn Free hibee_nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    ARGYLL
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,967
    To be honest i can't think of one time where concerns raised on here were picked up by the fans reps and discussed and resolved to our satisfaction. Quite happy to be shot down and I'm sure they have put the hours in but it just doesn't seem if we the fans have a real voice on the board.
    45 AND RISING

  8. #7
    Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    13,955
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be honest i can't think of one time where concerns raised on here were picked up by the fans reps and discussed and resolved to our satisfaction. Quite happy to be shot down and I'm sure they have put the hours in but it just doesn't seem if we the fans have a real voice on the board.
    I tend to agree, I was very interested to see how it would work and how much communication there would be and whether any regular issues would be dealt with through this channel. I now realise that that was never going to be the case and the position or whoever becomes elected is of little interest or use to me now. Good on the two guys for all the time and effort they have spent over the last couple of years, whether they have actually achieved anything that wouldn't have happened without them I really don't know.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  9. #8
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Hills
    Age
    53
    Posts
    7,169
    Are you standing this time Amit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey,

    We've tried and tested a few things over the last 20 months or so and there are definitely methods and approaches that'll help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of communication (both online and offline).

    However, I'm sure each candidate will have their own idea of what they believe is the best approach or method.

    GGTTH

    Amit




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    I think both Amit and Frank have done good work in various areas.

    I would probably question whether this is work that could be categorised as that of a 'supporters representative' though. How has their role differed from the other Hibs supporters who were already on the board? I think part of the problem is/was they are still bound by the same terms of confidentiality as everyone else on the board so perhaps couldn't report back as fully as some expected.

    There wasn't a huge turnout with regards to voting last time and I don't see that changing this time. I doubt I'll vote this time.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eastside
    Age
    58
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey,

    We've tried and tested a few things over the last 20 months or so and there are definitely methods and approaches that'll help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of communication (both online and offline).

    However, I'm sure each candidate will have their own idea of what they believe is the best approach or method.

    GGTTH

    Amit




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im sure you do a lot of unseen work, and you get my respect for that. So as I've said Amit, if you're standing for re election and the communication improves I'll vote for you again

    GGTTH

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    8,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I tend to agree, I was very interested to see how it would work and how much communication there would be and whether any regular issues would be dealt with through this channel. I now realise that that was never going to be the case and the position or whoever becomes elected is of little interest or use to me now. Good on the two guys for all the time and effort they have spent over the last couple of years, whether they have actually achieved anything that wouldn't have happened without them I really don't know.
    That's how I see it as well. They may be good directors and bring plenty to the table, but I don't feel they're representing the support in the way I thought they would. Seems like a box ticking exercise to me.

  13. #12
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    117
    I think Frank & Amit have done some sterling work, but I'm still bitterly disappointed and not a little bit stunned at the inaction regarding our last visit to Ibrox.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    57
    Posts
    45,975
    Club reps not fans reps in my opinion.

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,588
    They are not fans reps but two non executive directors elected by supporters. They carry the same responsibilities as other non executive directors.

  16. #15
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Club reps not fans reps in my opinion.
    But they are representing all us fans. I think this has been a great thing for the club to do, and the fact is they are voted on by the fans, and from what I see have put a heck of a lot into it and have a real input in the direction our club is going.

    So I really dont understand when you say they are club reps and not fans reps. Every fan has a different opinion so there is no way they can convey all of that on the board to all of our satisfaction. Surely the point that matters is that they are fans, on the board, and were elected by the fans?

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Livingston/Edinburgh
    Age
    42
    Posts
    22,262
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: FranckSauzee4
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are not fans reps but two non executive directors elected by supporters. They carry the same responsibilities as other non executive directors.
    They do but boards are a mix of skills and experience. The reason they are in role is to represent the fans. They were voted for on that basis.

  18. #17
    Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    13,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But they are representing all us fans. I think this has been a great thing for the club to do, and the fact is they are voted on by the fans, and from what I see have put a heck of a lot into it and have a real input in the direction our club is going.

    So I really dont understand when you say they are club reps and not fans reps. Every fan has a different opinion so there is no way they can convey all of that on the board to all of our satisfaction. Surely the point that matters is that they are fans, on the board, and were elected by the fans?
    If someone is representing us, I would expect some regular communication and feedback on issues we have highlighted as concerns that the board should at least acknowledge.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  19. #18
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If someone is representing us, I would expect some regular communication and feedback on issues we have highlighted as concerns that the board should at least acknowledge.
    But is that not what we are getting via the regular messages from the board? They are part of the board, so the communications come from the board. I think we hear a heck of a lot more about how our club is being run than ever before.

  20. #19
    Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    13,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But is that not what we are getting via the regular messages from the board? They are part of the board, so the communications come from the board. I think we hear a heck of a lot more about how our club is being run than ever before.
    Yes I get that but let me use the Ibrox incident as an example of something that was raised and highlighted on here and fans reps asked to communicate our concerns. Total silence so far,not as much as a "we are dealing with it".

    Anyway I totally understand that there will be differing opinions on the role so I will agree to disagree on the role and bow out.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 09-01-2017 at 10:35 PM.

  21. #20
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes I get that but let me use the Ibrox incident as an example of something that was raised and highlighted on here and fans reps asked to communicate our concerns. Total silence so far,not as much as a "we are dealing with it".

    Anyway I totally understand that there will be differing opinions on the role so I will agree to disagree on the role and bow out.
    That is a fair point you are making.

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    18,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes I get that but let me use the Ibrox incident as an example of something that was raised and highlighted on here and fans reps asked to communicate our concerns. Total silence so far,not as much as a "we are dealing with it".

    Anyway I totally understand that there will be differing opinions on the role so I will agree to disagree on the role and bow out.
    LD said at the AGM that she had taken over the issue.

    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

  23. #22
    Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    13,955
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LD said at the AGM that she had taken over the issue.

    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    We'll there you go,I wasn't at the AGM and didn't know that. Kind of proves my point about lack of communication.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  24. #23
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think both Amit and Frank have done good work in various areas.

    I would probably question whether this is work that could be categorised as that of a 'supporters representative' though. How has their role differed from the other Hibs supporters who were already on the board? I think part of the problem is/was they are still bound by the same terms of confidentiality as everyone else on the board so perhaps couldn't report back as fully as some expected.

    There wasn't a huge turnout with regards to voting last time and I don't see that changing this time. I doubt I'll vote this time.
    Think this post covers it for me.
    The board wouldn't/couldn't accept loose canons shouting the odds and disclosing all sorts to the support about club business.
    Like all businesses there is lots of politics involved and the timing and tone of all communications has to be right.
    As such the supporters representative arrangement doesn't work how supporters would like it to and never will.
    Hopefully it will improve as it develops but i wouldn't hold your breath.

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    57
    Posts
    45,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But they are representing all us fans. I think this has been a great thing for the club to do, and the fact is they are voted on by the fans, and from what I see have put a heck of a lot into it and have a real input in the direction our club is going.

    So I really dont understand when you say they are club reps and not fans reps. Every fan has a different opinion so there is no way they can convey all of that on the board to all of our satisfaction. Surely the point that matters is that they are fans, on the board, and were elected by the fans?
    I have heard absolutely nothing from dougan either on here or through any other kind of media on how he is representing the fans. Amit has had the odd post on here and the bounce telling us how he's listening and will take various suggestions to the club.

    Answers are at a premium if any at all that i can remember.

    Both have been seen out and about representing the board in promotions and the likes, xmas dinners and all that come to mind.

    Neither in my opinion have been very good at communications with the fans, and thats why i say club reps not fans reps.

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    56
    Posts
    10,923
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have heard absolutely nothing from dougan either on here or through any other kind of media on how he is representing the fans. Amit has had the odd post on here and the bounce telling us how he's listening and will take various suggestions to the club.

    Answers are at a premium if any at all that i can remember.

    Both have been seen out and about representing the board in promotions and the likes, xmas dinners and all that come to mind.

    Neither in my opinion have been very good at communications with the fans, and thats why i say club reps not fans reps.
    I tend to agree with this, which is about the reverse of what I felt when the experiment started. I fully appreciate that there are matters where a director (exec or non exec) can't go public because of their overriding obligation to the company and their personal liabilities however as you say the roles seem to have become board representatives at fan events rather than fans on the board representing the fans views to the board.

    To be honest if the HSA could continue to improve relations with the club then maybe that's part of the way forward even if not everyone is an HSA member - dunno?

    Interesting times when we get a meaningful and influencing share of the club into Fans / HSL hands.

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  27. #26
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,767
    Quote Originally Posted by ihibs7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Frank & Amit have done some sterling work, but I'm still bitterly disappointed and not a little bit stunned at the inaction regarding our last visit to Ibrox.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My sentiments too on the subject of the Brondby tv cancellation fiasco.

    In fact I had to email one rep twice to get any kind of acknowledgement...got an acknowledgement, but never got a response though.
    In the end I emailed Leann direct and got a response, so I can only say that my only request for them to actually do something was not a positive experience for me, and therefore makes me wonder if they are anything other than an additional resource for the club, carrying out tasks other directors prefer not to do. (eg attending funerals etc)
    In their defence, probably both them AND the club have benefited from the 'first time' syndrome and will maybe be a bit more expansive on what the expectations are of them.

    I agree though, anyone who fills the role MUST provide regular on line updates...the communication has, unfortunately, been abysmal, and quite why this has been the case, I do not know.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved