hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 121 to 137 of 137
  1. #121
    Coaching Staff Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Posts
    8,006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just watched Channel 4 news on the funeral today, where thousands from the bogside came to say goodbye to Martin McGuinness.

    Nice to see Arlene Foster, and Bill Clinton there as well.

    Fat Eck was there also.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Fat Eck was there also.
    Nice.

  4. #123
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    47
    Posts
    17,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll remember him as someone who failed to ever apologise for his own personal involvement in an organisation that was responsible for some of the worst atrocities that have ever been committed on British soil against innocent civilians. He also failed to ever shed any light on what he knew from his past.

    Yes he did manage to make a positive contribution during his latter years but his prominent involvement within the IRA over many years cannot and should not be ignored and he's personally not someone who I will ever respect or remember fondly.
    This for me! Not just British but Irish too!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #124
    Testimonial Due Geo_1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In my Joy Division Oven Gloves
    Posts
    3,288
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree that having a dig at Tebbit is wrong, in the circumstances. It is perhaps indicative of the incteasingly inflammatory environment in Scotland being whipped up by our first minister, that dehumanises 'tories'. But i digress!

    Of course they habe blood on their hands, all soldiers do and they absolutely considered themselves to be that.

    You and others may disagree, but it is a moot point.

    I wouldnt expect hom to apologise for his past actions, because i wouldnt for a minute expect that he meant it. He had fhe courageof his convictions, and fought against oppression.
    Being treated poorly in your own country validates murder but not campaigning for independence through the ballot box?

  6. #125
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    7,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What an unfortunate comment that is.

    No matter what your political preferences are, Alex Salmond is a true patriot, and a very effective politician who always spoke up for, and did his best for his Country.

    GGTTH
    Aye but he is a big yin
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  7. #126
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Being treated poorly in your own country validates murder but not campaigning for independence through the ballot box?
    I dont follow?

    Being oppressed in your own country, and systematicallu denied recourse through the ballot box, then facing violence when you protest about it. Im not sure what other courae are left open in that situation?

    I dont understand your point about campaigning for indy, we libe in a democracy and are not oppressed.
    Last edited by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy; 24-03-2017 at 03:49 PM.

  8. #127
    @hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eastside
    Age
    59
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Fat Eck was there also.
    What an unfortunate post that is.

    No matter what your political leanings are, Alex Salmond was an excellent politician who always spoke up for, and throughout his life he has done his best for his Country.

    In my book that makes him a true patriot.

    Can you say the same ?

    GGTTH
    Last edited by Eaststand; 24-03-2017 at 03:44 PM.

  9. #128
    Testimonial Due Geo_1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In my Joy Division Oven Gloves
    Posts
    3,288
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont follow?
    No surprise there.

  10. #129
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No surprise there.
    Eh?

    If you habe something to say, say it - thats how this place works.

    Snidey comments and insinuations dont add anything.

  11. #130
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    27,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What an unfortunate post that is.

    No matter what your political leanings are, Alex Salmond was an excellent politician who always spoke up for, and throughout his life he has done his best for his Country.

    In my book that makes him a true patriot.

    Can you say the same ?

    GGTTH
    I want to see an Independent Scotland but I'm no patriot let alone a true one.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  12. #131
    Coaching Staff Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Posts
    8,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What an unfortunate post that is.

    No matter what your political leanings are, Alex Salmond was an excellent politician who always spoke up for, and throughout his life he has done his best for his Country.

    In my book that makes him a true patriot.

    Can you say the same ?

    GGTTH


    Sorry you took offence.

  13. #132
    @hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eastside
    Age
    59
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Sorry you took offence.
    No worries, i usually like your posts but i get a bit hacked off at some of the stuff aimed at Alex Salmond

    GGTTH

  14. #133
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,788
    Looks like further elections in Norn Irn.

    Sinn Fein are saying the power sharing settlement has run it's course.

  15. #134
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like further elections in Norn Irn.

    Sinn Fein are saying the power sharing settlement has run it's course.
    Thats quite a position to take isnt it? Sounds quite worrying

  16. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats quite a position to take isnt it? Sounds quite worrying
    The SDLP have already put a stake in this ground:

    http://www.sdlp.ie/news/2017/eastwoo...f-direct-rule/

  17. #136
    Ireland's Greatest Import Mr White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    6,715
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The SDLP have already put a stake in this ground:

    http://www.sdlp.ie/news/2017/eastwoo...f-direct-rule/
    I'd be surprised if there's any appetite within the Irish government to get involved in that suggestion. And there's no chance anyone in Westminster would be in favour. Then there's the majority of the electorate in NI who would be against it. Absolute non-starter imo but at least the SDLP are suggesting a practical solution rather than digging their heels in and crying foul all the time.

  18. #137
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,788
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats quite a position to take isnt it? Sounds quite worrying
    Yes. Very worrying.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved