hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    They are mostly Hearts fans in their team, in their coaching staff, and there are a fair few Jambos saying they are going to the game. So get them thumped, sing non stop about being Champions and make it a party atmosphere.

Unfortunately going to miss this one myself though :(

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bournemouth, Stoke, Liverpool all tried with weakened teams due mainly to a form of arrogance which imo fires up the opposition that little bit more. Strongest team out and put the tie to bed as early as possible, then make some changes.
    This. Full team, then, if we are comfortable (and I mean a three goal lead) make the subs in the second half.

No way I want to go out of our Cup. I'm looking to be retaining it!

J

First Team Regular half.time.draw.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Maybe Bonnyrigg Rose as a club would if they ever got the chance along with several other Junior teams as they would attract a higher calibre of player, but this squad of players they have would be the worst team League 1 has ever seen, easily.
    Nonsense, have you seen them play?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Hope not, Took 114 years to win it again and as cup holders we should show the cup, the fans and Bonnyrigg respect. No banana skins, full squad, unchanged from Utd - win the game early and then make changes when the game is won !

Also, I'd like to see us bed in a settled formation built around a back 4 rather than chop and change again.

Perhaps a couple of players like Dylan can be rested but wholesale changes should be resisted.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Bonnyrigg would hold their own in league 1. Understimate them at our peril. Full side and get it done for me.
    Didnt they just get beat 3-1 from Dundonald Bluebell at the weekend. Very unlikely they would hold their own in League 2 never mind League 1.

First Team Breakthrough Mathias Jack's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GazA1875
    No slip ups on the turf of our greatest rivals, strongest team possible please. Just a reminder, we only put three past Irvine Meadow 6 years ago in the Cup.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Strongest team. Bonnyrigg will want to play against our strongest team not our under 20s. Get the job done in the first hour then make changes as required.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias Jack View Post
    No slip ups on the turf of our greatest rivals, strongest team possible please. Just a reminder, we only put three past Irvine Meadow 6 years ago in the Cup.

, and hearts only scraped past Auchinleck Talbot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Strongest team. Bonnyrigg will want to play against our strongest team not our under 20s. Get the job done in the first hour then make changes as required.
    I can almost guarantee Bonnyrigg would rather play our under 13's and look to progress. I can't see anyone saying we should play our Under 20's, however we have a squad of around 20 first team players and resting a few of our starters will make zero difference. For example - Replacing Paul Hanlon with Fontaine, Cummings with Keatings, Marciano with Laidlaw, Fyvie back in to get games, Graham/Holt to get some game time.. Crane to see if he has what it takes etc... None of those changes will make any difference to our team beating Bonnyrigg.

Coaching Staff
    , and hearts only scraped past Auchinleck Talbot as well.
    Scored a perfectly good goal given as offside too.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Dumbarton first mate.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Got to be as strong a team as possible in the first half at least, then see what the score is. Plenty of time in the second half to makes some changes. This game has all the potential for Hibs to produce one of their howlers. Scottish Cup holders, First Cup game this season against a Junior Team, playing at Tynecastle. Lets' not get arrogant. Let's be professional, get the job done in the first half and give some time to fringe players in the second half. Better that than give them a spanking or worse, lose!

Testimonial Due
    While you should always play your best team in all games, but, this season has a big golden carrot at the end of it.
    So in this instance, I could put up with the likes of Cummings, Commons, McGinn and MacGregor all being rested and kept injury free for our run in for the league.
    Always when you play these type of teams, the referee always lets them get in a few tasty challenges before reaching for cards if at all.
    So for me, safety first keep the match winners out of the firing line!

Looks like I'm in the minority on this one.

Appreciate they will be fired up but it's f*****ng Bonnyrigg! I'll be shocked if there aren't a few unforced changes.

If any of their players were near the level of our squad they would be on our books (or on someone's!)

Quote Originally Posted by jarre1875 View Post
    As strong as a team as possible. This is the game everyone will want us to lose alart from hibbies obviously. Lets get them n pummel the crap out of them. Love seeing wee side get a good hammering in the cup n no i dont care about the romance of it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I agree, want this one won well

Full team, give them respect, pump them, and go on to retain trophy
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull