hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Team against Bonnyrigg

I wonder what sort of team Hibs will put out against Bonnyrigg in the cup, a mixed team of youngsters and first team players or will we go with the full metal jacket against them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamhere1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder what sort of team Hibs will put out against Bonnyrigg in the cup, a mixed team of youngsters and first team players or will we go with the full metal jacket against them.
    Strongest team possible please We are going to be up against some adrenaline fuelled players and we have to match them early doors.

Get an early couple of goals go into cruise mode and then bring on subs

Too many will be looking for a major upset here, strongest team possible, put this to bed early doors, then substitute key players to not only rest them but limit the chance of injuries.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Personally I'd start Scott Martin and Callum Crane. This is exactly the type of game to see what Crane can bring. As mentioned that the the Bonnyrigg players will be well up for it, well I'd like to think so would Crane be. Unsure about his loan deal but I wouldn't mind seeing Oli Shaw given a shot either.

Bonnyrigg Rose will be very fired up for this. They have hearts fans in their team who are absolutely relishing playing us and getting stuck in about us. No room for complacency. It would be the mother of all cup shocks if they were to win but stranger things have happened.

Get the strongest 11 starting then hopefully we can give ourselves a relatively comfertable lead and then start to take off key players.

I can see there being a few changes from Friday, but overall a strong team please!!

@hibs.net private member
    Play our fringe players to give them game time. Fired up junior players will be no match for our second 11.

First Team Breakthrough jarre1875's Avatar
    As strong as a team as possible. This is the game everyone will want us to lose alart from hibbies obviously. Lets get them n pummel the crap out of them. Love seeing wee side get a good hammering in the cup n no i dont care about the romance of it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Play our fringe players to give them game time. Fired up junior players will be no match for our second 11.
    Bonnyrigg would hold their own in league 1. Understimate them at our peril. Full side and get it done for me.

Bournemouth, Stoke, Liverpool all tried with weakened teams due mainly to a form of arrogance which imo fires up the opposition that little bit more. Strongest team out and put the tie to bed as early as possible, then make some changes.

They beat a team in our league who have given us problems over the last couple of years.

Obviously we should beat them comfortably. A few changes is fine but I wouldn't be giving them all a day off. Good game for the likes of McGinn to get his sharpness back. Fyvie too, if he's back in the frame. Keatings is another who could do with some minutes.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Personally I'd start Scott Martin and Callum Crane. This is exactly the type of game to see what Crane can bring. As mentioned that the the Bonnyrigg players will be well up for it, well I'd like to think so would Crane be. Unsure about his loan deal but I wouldn't mind seeing Oli Shaw given a shot either.
    Why are so many intent on wanting to give Crane a run, did you see Lewis play on Friday ? He was immense and playing where he is best.

As for Martin he is a decent prospect and did well when asked to step in, you can't seriously say he is anywhere near our first team now we have everyone back bar Fyvie.

Take no chances and get the job done.

The time to give the youngsters a run will be when we have wrapped up the League and not before.

Strongest team. No shocks please for the defending holders

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Full strength team, including the likes of Holt and Bartley for physical presence.

@hibs.net private member
    Laidlaw
    Crane
    Fontaine
    Forster
    Eardley
    Boyle
    Fyvie
    SJM
    Harris
    Graham
    Keatings

Gives fringe players a run out and also gives SJM and Fyvie fitness. That team is easily good enough to beat Bonnyrigg rose infront of a decent crowd at Tynie

No midweek games either side of this one, so get the strongest line-up out and get this mob pumped before half-time, then bring on the likes of Martin and Crane.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Dumbarton first lads.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Bonnyrigg would hold their own in league 1. Understimate them at our peril. Full side and get it done for me.
    Agree the fact they beat Dumbarton after 2 games who then beat United suggests strong team first up and then bring on changes if clearly ahead.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074

Team against Bonnyrigg

Has to be a strong team. Yes I get that fringe players could do with a run out, BUT this is NOT the game to do it. Rose beat Dumbarton over 2 legs , so does that mean we can play fringe players against Dumbarton next week? HELL NO. Dismissing Bonnyrigg as a decent team has banana skin written all over it.
    Get the 1st 11 on the park and IF we are comfortably winning, then think about changes.
    I don't want to give anyone any ammo to have a go at us going out against a junior team the way Dumbarton did. The Yams would be creaming themselves over that plus the fact it's at Tynie and most of the Rose are Jambos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lothian Thistle beat Bonnyrigg 3-2 in a friendly last week.

I understand that friendlies are not the same as competitive games but if a East of Scotland side (albeit a very good one at that level) can beat Bonnyrigg then the current Hibs side should be able to sweep them aside without much fuss.

Edit - They also lost 3-1 to Dundonald Bluebell (never heard of them either) in the league yesterday.

If the Hibs players anywhere near to their ability we will thump them by about 4 or 5.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 08-01-2017 at 04:19 PM.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Strongest team possible
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I don't think they would tbh.

Agree about the team though. Strongest possible and get them and their team of Jambo loving fuds pumped (after we've dealt with Dumbarton obviously).

Strongest team available.

We're very unlikely to have the same pile up off fixtures as last year so no need to rest anyone unless they have an underlying injury.

Get the job done early doors and then introduce fringe players.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by SirDavidofGray View Post
    Why are so many intent on wanting to give Crane a run, did you see Lewis play on Friday ? He was immense and playing where he is best.

As for Martin he is a decent prospect and did well when asked to step in, you can't seriously say he is anywhere near our first team now we have everyone back bar Fyvie.

Take no chances and get the job done.

The time to give the youngsters a run will be when we have wrapped up the League and not before.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Bournemouth, Stoke, Liverpool all tried with weakened teams due mainly to a form of arrogance which imo fires up the opposition that little bit more. Strongest team out and put the tie to bed as early as possible, then make some changes.
    Exactly.

Not the time or place to mess about with team selection. Treat it like a league game, get a win then move on. If we slip up in this one we are a laughing stock.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Strongest team possible.....I want another 0-7
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Come on ffs I know it's normal to talk our opponents up in case of an upset but it's Bonnyrigg!

I used to play for them and I'm sheiiite

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Strongest team possible.....I want another 0-7
    Definitely! I wouldn't want us to score any more if we were 0-7 up at half time!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Lothian Thistle beat Bonnyrigg 3-2 in a friendly last week.

I understand that friendlies are not the same as competitive games but if a East of Scotland side (albeit a very good one at that level) can beat Bonnyrigg then the current Hibs side should be able to sweep them aside without much fuss.

Edit - They also lost 3-1 to Dundonald Bluebell (never heard of them either) in the league yesterday.

If the Hibs players anywhere near to their ability we will thump them by about 4 or 5.
    Maybe Bonnyrigg disrespectfully put out understrength teams in these matches, saving their good players for the forthcoming big one and came a cropper. Ok, I know they probably didn't but I think we should treat them with 100% respect and play our strongest team. We really should try to blow them away and not patronise them and risk the chance of an upset. No, a major disaster.