hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was one of those players where if he had the ball, I had could relax because I knew he wasn't going to lose it. He also didn't care about The Rangers.

Never seen that video before, brilliant! 😂

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Happy Birthday King Dom.
    Great player
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Bring him home.

Promising Youngster
    I always thought people underestimated how much Malonga brought to the side with his general play; his movement, touch and passing were all consistently excellent. Then on top of that you sometimes got the absolutely stunning moments. I'd take him back over Holt or Graham all day long.

Looks like Dom would welcome a return to Scotland

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...n-to-Scotland/

Dominique Malonga admits he left Hibs with a heavy heart and would welcome a return to Scotland

The striker has fallen out of favour at Serie B side Pro Vercelli and is desperate for a fresh start

A year ago the fans’ favourite put family before football when he asked a reluctant Alan Stubbs to tear up his contract six months early.

The move to Serie B side Pro Vercelli may have cost him his Scottish Cup winner’s medal, but it made life easier for his Italian wife.
    But having fallen out of favour with The Lions he is desperate for a fresh start – and would welcome a return to Scotland.
    With 22 goals from 54 appearances he remains a popular figure at Easter Road, where supporters still sing Malonga’s name from time to time.
    The feeling is mutual.
    He told SunSport: “It has been very difficult not to play regular football.
    “There’s no problem with my current club. They want me to ‘live’ again and, for me, that means scoring goals and enjoying my game again.
    “The best situation for me is to leave and do what I want to do.
    “I’ve worked hard to stay in good shape and I have some clubs in Italy who want me but I’m waiting for the right offer. I would really like to come back to the UK.
    “I was honesty in admitting I left Hibs for personal reasons, which was the right thing to do at the time.
    “If I’d gone with my heart I would have stayed there. No doubt about it.
    “But my head said I had to go to Italy for my family and that was still the right thing to do at the time. Nobody is perfect and I have learned from it all.
    “It’s wonderful to hear that the supporters still sing my name sometimes. It is a catchy song!
    “I’m glad I was able to give them some good moments and I would like to see them again. Hopefully I can back to Easter Road this season to catch up with everyone.
    “It was one of the best times of my career. I really felt appreciated there.”
    The 28-year-old still keeps a keen eye on events in Leith and is delighted fellow front-man Jason Cummings is back on the goal trail after reclaiming his place in the first-team.
    Of anyone Cummings has played alongside, Malonga was arguably his best foil.
    The Congo international added: “I felt like I had a good relationship with Jason and we had a great understanding on the pitch.
    “I talked to him a lot. I’m glad he’s back in the team and scoring goals.
    “The one problem we had was that he talked so quickly and with THAT accent of his. I’m lucky if I understood half of the things he was saying.
    “I think my English is better than his!”
    Malonga’s last goal for Hibs came in the 2-0 away win at Raith Rovers that got their Scottish Cup campaign up and running.
    The rest is history and it’s a source of eternal pride for the former Monaco youth.
    He said: “It was wonderful when Hibs won the Scottish Cup, for the club and the city of Edinburgh.
    “My last goal came against Raith Rovers, so it feels like a significant one, knowing that I played a small part in helping them get there.
    “When people watch the Scottish Cup DVD over and over again, they will see that goal and it makes me smile.
    “It will always be part of the story and that is an honour for me.”
    Hibs head for Dumbarton on Saturday looking to strengthen their grip on top spot – with the inability to achieve promotion a nagging regret for Malonga.
    The Rock was a happy hunting ground and the setting for his first ever hat-trick, in the 6-3 rout of the Sons back in November 2014.
    He recalled: “That day was so special. Everything just seemed to click for me.
    “The funny thing is I remember looking back and feeling so tired, because I had just come back from my first ever senior international call-up with Congo.
    “I’d flown for what felt like days and I was completely wiped out.
    “On the Friday it felt like I had slept for the entire day. I don’t even remember eating, but I told the manager I was okay to play.
    “The next day I woke up and – though I still can’t explain it – I felt so good and full of energy. I was confident, happy and just played my game.
    “It was 6-3 but the score could have been anything. We were 3-0 up but Dumbarton came right back into it.
    “The game was a strange one because we had joy mixed in with frustration.
    “It was my first hat-trick and it was special being able to take the ball home, which everyone had signed, and give it to my son.
    “I’ll be telling him the story of that game when he’s older.”

Bring him back! Class player.🇳🇬

Interesting he mentions his heart being at Hibs and feeling appreciated. Some folk would have had you believe he was being hounded out because a few loudmouths didn't like him.

I liked Dom as a player and would welcome him back. He was one of those players who there was no debate ever allowed about though. He was either absolutely brilliant or lazy and disinterested. Rational arguments that much like any player he had strengths and weaknesses were ignored in favour of hyperbole.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Interesting he mentions his heart being at Hibs and feeling appreciated. Some folk would have had you believe he was being hounded out because a few loudmouths didn't like him.

I liked Dom as a player and would welcome him back. He was one of those players who there was no debate ever allowed about though. He was either absolutely brilliant or lazy and disinterested. Rational arguments that much like any player he had strengths and weaknesses were ignored in favour of hyperbole.
    It was his languid style that led people to lazily come to the 'not trying' opinion. Dom is a great player.

Chris Waddle suffered from the same criticism - and he oozed class.

@hibs.net private member
    Would be delighted to have him back. A much better option than Holt or Graham. He wasn't great in the air but fantastic at holding the ball up and bringing others into play

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Top bloke. Would love to see him back as he's a very stylish player.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Coaching Staff

A bit dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    A bit dramatic.
    Not really.

File in the same category as Lewis Stevenson and Mark Oxley. People were so polarised and entrenched in their opinions that it was a waste of time trying to have a discussion. That extends beyond the confines of hibs.net as well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

"no debate ever allowed"

Talk about hyperbole

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Not really.

File in the same category as Lewis Stevenson and Mark Oxley. People were so polarised and entrenched in their opinions that it was a waste of time trying to have a discussion. That extends beyond the confines of hibs.net as well.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    He's more than welcome to come back in my opinion. Malonga was quality.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Malonga was like a re-run of Vaz Te. He wanted to leave no matter what the club did but that didn't fit with picture some folk wanted to paint. If he came back then his playing style would be the same and the old accusations would fly. He was worth all the noise though. Think that JC wouldn't mind seeing him back either.