hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dominique Malonga

Happy Birthday to Dominique Malonga the man who scored the second goal last January to start the glorious Scottish cup run.
    Last edited by Cod Boy; 08-01-2017 at 12:09 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happy Birthday to Dominique Malonga the man who scored the first goal last January to start the glorious Scottish cup run.
    Sure it was the second one but Happy Birthday Dom.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Sure it was the second one but Happy Birthday Dom.
    Aye it was lol

Second, but joyeux anniversaire, Dominique!

Edited

When I saw the thread title I got my hopes up for a second.......

Happy Birthday Dom.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Let's start a 'he's coming back' ITK thread.

I think Ive watched that Aberdeen cup goal as much as Ive watched 21/5/16 highlights. Legend.

A player who divided opinions and one that I think just might struggle to get regular game time if he came back to E.R.
    This said, great memories and some magical moments from the big fellow.

It was a great gosl screamer into the top corner Only Dom could of conjured up that Ran away from playets so he could stand with his back to the hibs support showing off his name
    That goal and the run more than half the pitch to score v Anerdeen at Easter Rd are two Stand Outs

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    How's he doing in Italy?

Bring him back. Please.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Let's start a 'he's coming back' ITK thread.

I think Ive watched that Aberdeen cup goal as much as Ive watched 21/5/16 highlights. Legend.
    That goal vs Aberdeen....the way he changes feet to slot the ball home.......one of the best goals Ive ever seen at ER, a thing of pure beauty.

GGTTH

Left by mutual consent!
    Happy Birthday Dom - wish you were still here !!

The door's always open though - we'll need players like you in the SPL .........................

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    How's he doing in Italy?

Bring him back. Please.
    He had an interview in the Scotsman a couple of months ago and he wasn't a happy chappy. New manager had come in and didn't fancy him, he sounded full of regret about leaving Hibs.

Happy birthday King Dom. Hope things turn around for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergos View Post
    That goal vs Aberdeen....the way he changes feet to slot the ball home.......one of the best goals Ive ever seen at ER, a thing of pure beauty.

GGTTH
    It was magnificent Fergus. The crowd was bouncing anyway, under the floodlights, Jason had just scored a screamer and Aberdeen, unbeaten in the league at the time, were on the ropes. Then he picked up the ball in his own half and you knew something special was going to happen. The first time I took my son to a night game and we still talk about it.

It was magnificent Fergus. The crowd was bouncing anyway, under the floodlights, Jason had just scored a screamer and Aberdeen, unbeaten in the league at the time, were on the ropes. Then he picked up the ball in his own half and you knew something special was going to happen. The first time I took my son to a night game and we still talk about it.
    Aye one of those special nights at ER for sure and great for your son to see that on his first night game, just hope he doesn't think it happens all the time though lol!

GGTTH

GG
    Great ball from Sjm as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dchibs View Post
    GG
    Great ball from Sjm as well.
    Aye it was...

Doms first attempt at controlling it was poor however.....thankfully as it may not have happened as it did if he did control it properly!

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    A player who divided opinions and one that I think just might struggle to get regular game time if he came back to E.R.
    This said, great memories and some magical moments from the big fellow.
    I think we never saw the best of Dom due to a lack of quality players who were on his wavelength.
    I actually think he would fit in nicely to the team as is.

Assuming the Humphrey/Boyle wide players is not a one off and they play like that regularly I think someone like Dom up front would make us unplayable at this level - teams wouldn't know who to mark.

I always look at the Pro Verceli team on live score and he's never even on the bench

Loved the big guy, he reminded me a lot of Paco Luna, he always seemed to be a step ahead of the service he was supposed to be getting so dropped deeper to get the ball and spent large parts of the game fairly ineffective because of this. Always felt that when Dom had the ball it was glued to his feet and he was capable of moments of sheer class, great player.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Always think some folk have a degree of rose tinted glasses when it comes to Malonga. A few comments bordering on the realms of him being too good for his teammates to play at his level.

When he was on form he was brilliant and could do things no other in the squad could do. An example being his cup goal against Aberdeen.

However he could also be totally anonymous and like a man down at times. His cameo in the derby where Farid scored and I think we won 2-0. Was one of the most selfish and egotistical performances I can remember. With a ridiculously shot from distance rather than slip in someone else when we had 2 or 3 on 1 counter attack.

With the money we have put into the club with season tickets etc and the cup win I'd be looking at players of a higher, and certainly more consistent, level than Malonga. Reckon he will end up having had a bit of a nomadic career.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    Always think some folk have a degree of rose tinted glasses when it comes to Malonga. A few comments bordering on the realms of him being too good for his teammates to play at his level.

When he was on form he was brilliant and could do things no other in the squad could do. An example being his cup goal against Aberdeen.

However he could also be totally anonymous and like a man down at times. His cameo in the derby where Farid scored and I think we won 2-0. Was one of the most selfish and egotistical performances I can remember. With a ridiculously shot from distance rather than slip in someone else when we had 2 or 3 on 1 counter attack.

With the money we have put into the club with season tickets etc and the cup win I'd be looking at players of a higher, and certainly more consistent, level than Malonga. Reckon he will end up having had a bit of a nomadic career.
    Already nomadic career. Was ok some gid stuff at times and a great song. Wish him the best no good move for him to come back i think. Got a cult status. Should leave as is

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

No rose tinted glasses. I just recognise a footballer when I see one. And they all have off days.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    No rose tinted glasses. I just recognise a footballer when I see one. And they all have off days.
    i think he would be a great addition to the squad, not necessarily playing 90minutes every game.....

Coaching Staff

Nah, this has just grown as accepted fact now that he was inconsistent. That's pretty much nonsense. Maybe some games he did things that were of a much higher standard but when he didn't he was still comfortably one of the better players we have had at his club for years.

Shooting once when he could have played someone in? Wow, Like Cummings doesn't do that 2 or 3 times a game?!

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Nah, this has just grown as accepted fact now that he was inconsistent. That's pretty much nonsense. Maybe some games he did things that were of a much higher standard but when he didn't he was still comfortably one of the better players we have had at his club for years.

Shooting once when he could have played someone in? Wow, Like Cummings doesn't do that 2 or 3 times a game?!
    I was only giving my opinion. I saw him have some outstanding games, I also saw him have games where he was as good as a man down.

There never seems to be any debate when it comes to Malonga, he is either too good for the rest of the team or a lazy waste of a jersey. I would have him somewhere in between those opinions as saw both types of performances.

@hibs.net private member
    I was only giving my opinion. I saw him have some outstanding games, I also saw him have games where he was as good as a man down.

There never seems to be any debate when it comes to Malonga, he is either too good for the rest of the team or a lazy waste of a jersey. I would have him somewhere in between those opinions as saw both types of performances.
    I'm with you ...was a big fan of Dom...and at his best was simply unplayable..he had a technique level that few in our team could match ...he did though have a few stinkers ...and didn't always force himself into the first 11.. loved his ability levels though - sort of things you are happy to pay admission to see

Wether it was style, attitude or application, he was someone who was sometimes hot, and sometimes not. Even when not shining though he was always capable of doing something magic or helping the team
    With his movement and passing . So better than some give him credit for

Top player on his day , inconsistent though - and perhaps why he has struggled to secure top team regular football in most places he has played

You don't happen to remember them do you? Dom was pretty brilliant most of the time.

First Team Breakthrough NZ Green's Avatar
    He was one of those players where if he had the ball, I had could relax because I knew he wasn't going to lose it. He also didn't care about The Rangers.

Malonga! Come back to Easter Road!