hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Conrad.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WS Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    13 minutes into this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRu0JyC-yEQ

Interviewer: "Any chance we could see you in a Hibs shirt again next season?"
    Doherty: "No chance"

Welt.
    The Hibs TV one when he first signed was a belter too. He thought he'd signed for Hearts and referred to us as such.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Jeez. All I said was Doherty scored a decent goal today.
    Didn't expect WW3 to break out.
    Notoriously, one of the most disliked players ever to pull on a Hibs strip, after his disgraceful performance during, and behaviour after, that cup final. An apology of a footballer.

Ha ha, Ray Wilkins, what a bizarre signing that was for us.

He was absolutely useless, did he ever actually move out of the centre circle?!

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Notoriously, one of the most disliked players ever to pull on a Hibs strip, after his disgraceful performance during, and behaviour after, that cup final. An apology of a footballer.
    Wage thief. His seemingly couldn't care less attitude was an insult to the Hibs support.

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Ha ha, Ray Wilkins, what a bizarre signing that was for us.

He was absolutely useless, did he ever actually move out of the centre circle?!
    Another one.

I actually thought Docherty was a decent player and was one of the few who looked the part out of that batch of loans. His worst game was that final when he was ripped apart by a half fit Andy Driver.

I wouldn't defend his attitude for a second. The smirk and 'no chance' in the interview, referring to us a Hearts and his 'don't give a ****' on Twitter point to a total roaster. Would still argue he was and is a decent player though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Logans performance against Dundee United in the semi was how he best debut from a keeper since Hatch played against the Germans.

Il be honest I don't get the savage hatred towards him at all.

Personally think it's all a bit milked.

Iv seen he was "laughing and joking about" after the final. To me he looks raging after being humiliated until O'Connor or another player slaps him on the face and he laughs"

The only reason he said no chance as his answer was because the interviewer said "is there no chance we will see you at hibs next season?"

I would bet if the interviewer never said no chance in the question, he wouldn't of said no chance as his reply.

Fwiw the majority on here rated him as a player until that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Iv seen he was "laughing and joking about" after the final. To me he looks raging after being humiliated until O'Connor or another player slaps him on the face and he laughs"

The only reason he said no chance as his answer was because the interviewer said "is there no chance we will see you at hibs next season?"

I would bet if the interviewer never said no chance in the question, he wouldn't of said no chance as his reply.

Yep. His face is like thunder during the interview and Murray/sproule/O'Connor are smiling away in the background.

Also, re his twitter comment, that only came after he was getting baited and abused by hundreds of hibs fans. Obviously just snapped.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    George Francombe also featured tonight, im sure we had him for a spell under Calderwood, no idea who he was playing for, its been a blur of non league teams tonight
    Also Johnathan Grounds.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    If I found out he suffered a career ended tomorrow I'd probably be smirking away like he was after that game.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    A tubby Andrew Driver ripped him a new one at Hampden. His interview after the game was disgraceful - don't wish him ill, but hope he never gets anywhere in the game. Ranks at number 4, just below Butcher, Malpas and the Fat Goalie Scout as my most disliked Hibs player/staff member.
    What did he say ? I have never watched anything of that game ever. I didn't buy a newspaper for a whole month afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    I think if you asked a cross section of football fans south of the border they would not know that We won the cup.
    Not everyone has Sky Tv.
    Maybe not .... but Conrad's story from last season was the stuff of fitba dreams and you would have expected the so called experts on MOTD to be aware of it and if they were going to mention him at all make folk aware of what he had done.

There's players getting named on this thread whose names shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the legend that is Conrad Logan.

Rank player with an absolutely boggin attitude. Absolute welt of a guy. His "i don't give a ****" tweet after the 5-1 cup final just summed him up.
    Last edited by 21.05.2016; 08-01-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

I'm with you on this one. Arguably Doherty scored our most important goal of the season 2 weeks before the final when he opened the scoring vs Pars & we avoided relegation. There's many people much more to blame for the cup final fiasco than Doherty.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I'm with you on this one. Arguably Doherty scored our most important goal of the season 2 weeks before the final when he opened the scoring vs Pars & we avoided relegation. There's many people much more to blame for the cup final fiasco than Doherty.
    He was also about the best player on the pitch against Kilmarnock in an earlier round, goal saving tackle at the end.

He was as highly thought of then as he was hated by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    True but it was because we signed gutless no marks like Doherty that we ended up where we did. The standard of player we used to sign back then was appalling. The 2012 cup final team is up there with one of the worst team in recent history. Filled with characters like Doherty who couldn't give a flying one about hibs and where happy just to take their wages and piss off without a care in the world after causing the most humiliating final in the clubs history.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Given the players were arguing about bonuses apparently the night before I think it is fair to say that that Doherty wasn't the only one with a terrible attitude that day.

Left by mutual consent!
    Doherty was a decent player for Hibs

O'Connor, Murray and Sproule in the last few months of that season were utterly useless.

We won't touch them though....they're one of our own

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    George Francombe also featured tonight, im sure we had him for a spell under Calderwood, no idea who he was playing for, its been a blur of non league teams tonight
    AFC Wimbledon.

Saw him play against Southend on Boxing Day and was anonymous. As an aside watched Southend play Sheff Utd yesterday.

Scougall really is the tiniest footballer I have ever seen. Built like a ten year old. Jon Fleck ran the game for Sheff and Matt Done came on but didn't really do anything of note.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Maybe not .... but Conrad's story from last season was the stuff of fitba dreams and you would have expected the so called experts on MOTD to be aware of it and if they were going to mention him at all make folk aware of what he had done.

There's players getting named on this thread whose names shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the legend that is Conrad Logan.
    It was in the SC & not the EC so why would they mention it. Yes the Polar Bear won us the semi. Will go down in the history books of Our club.

Over the piece Doherty was a better than decent player for us.

He was a drastic improvement on what we had before and put in some top performances for us. The wave of loan signings are often criticised but they were an improvement on what we had and helped keep us up and get to a cup final that we'll all wish we hadn't got to.

Doherty was hung out to dry in the cup final by Fenlon's wide open tactical approach, with players doubling up on him down their left. He was raging, he should have been raging and it showed in the interview. He then lashed out on twitter after copping loads of abuse - not that unreasonable.

I don't really have that much of a problem with Doherty. Wilkins stealing a wage acting the impostor in our midfield whilst saluting the huns was unforgivable. Paul Tosh s******g out a tackle when we lost 3-0 in the League Cup at McDiarmid Park just about made me have an aneurysm, and Colin Calderwood's lukewarm, disinterested and utterly inept performance as manager are far more offensive to me.