hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many games like last night does Bartley have? Fyvie is more consistent and gives you better passing and an out ball.
    wouldn't disagree. Bartley as back up to Fyvie

2. Log in to remove the advert

Never really understood how anyone can pick a "best team". Our best team against Dundee United, or indeed any SPL team, would be different to that of our best team to face an ultra defensive mob like we see regularly.....

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    I've only included one striker in my 11 though?

3-3-3-1 isn't something I just dreamt up, it's been used by progressive footballing teams over the years...Ajax, Bielsa's Chile, Bayern with Pep, so it's not new.

It works with teams that in theory should dominate the ball- like Hibs should in this league- it also works with players who can change positions - I think the front line of 3 could do that- and the energy that SJM and Fyvie bring to midfield also works well.

I'd even consider taking Gray out for Fonts or Forster ( Hanlon/DMac are the only essential defenders imo, others can change)

So it's seriously not as you suggest, it's a formation that works with dominating teams, and utilises the squad we have as well as possible.
    I think your head is in the clouds, but you are entitled to your opinion.

And yes, I am well aware that Pep used something like it on occasion at BM. And I know who Bielsa is, and his somewhat eccentric career.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Never really understood how anyone can pick a "best team". Our best team against Dundee United, or indeed any SPL team, would be different to that of our best team to face an ultra defensive mob like we see regularly.....
    thats true however I always assume I'm picking the most attack minded team playing at home, lets say in a cup tie

if it was a league game at parkhead then yes that would be different. A lot of threads are game specific though

First Team Breakthrough hibeequinn's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Quinaldo 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    As things stand, Commons will be leaving us after next week's game so he can't be included in anyone's starting XI going forward, unless we agree to extend his contract.

After the Dumbarton game my starting XI (assuming no injuries or suspensions) would be;

Marciano

Gray
    McGregor
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

Humphrey
    McGeouch
    Fyvie
    McGinn
    Boyle

Cummings

SUBS

Laidlaw
    Fontaine
    Bartley
    Boyle
    Martin
    Shinnie
    Holt
    Have we signed another Boyle lol you have one in starting line up and one on the bench mate