hibs.net Messageboard

A neutrals view of last night

I took a friend last night who is a big football fan - but a genuine neutral who does not like big money- be it Rangers, Man City or Chelsea and tends to like Partick, Spurs and to an extent us. He had been to Tynecastle recently (Hearts- Motherwell) and described it as a 'bit bank clerk-ish.'

His thoughts about Easter Road last night were.

Great game and atmosphere. He thought Hibs were very good. He also thought Utd played good football at times without looking threatening albeit Hibs clearly deserved the scale of the win. He thought the quality of football was better last night than at Hearts - more passing on the deck and speed and that if last nights game had been between 'West Brom and Sunderland in the EPL you wouldn't have been surprised' which I think he meant as a compliment.

We were in section 43 and he was very impressed by the volume of noise and passion which was 'way more than at Tynecastle' and also he thought the Hibs support a decade younger than Hearts and much more up for it. He also was surprised by 'how many attractive girls there were.' I am married and can not comment on that really but I am sure we have a more attractive support than that other lot!

While clearly this was one of our best performances in a critical evening game my chum went away well entertained and impressed and will doubtless come back for more.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Agreed, Dundee Utd had a couple of spells where they tried to threaten. Glad he enjoyed the game. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Islington Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We were in section 43 and he was very impressed by the volume of noise and passion which was 'way more than at Tynecastle' and also he thought the Hibs support a decade younger than Hearts and much more up for it.
    TBF, you were in section 43, where the average age is about 14

He also was surprised by 'how many attractive girls there were.' I am married and can not comment on that really but I am sure we have a more attractive support than that other lot!

That's a definite contender for a reply of 'no comment, officer'

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    TBF, you were in section 43, where the average age is about 14

That's a definite contender for a reply of 'no comment, officer'
    Wish it was 14! Most folk closer to their 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    Wish it was 14! Most folk closer to their 30s.

Everybody else looks 14 to me.

I wish I was in my 30s.

I took a friend last night who is a big football fan - but a genuine neutral who does not like big money- be it Rangers, Man City or Chelsea and tends to like Partick, Spurs and to an extent us. He had been to Tynecastle recently (Hearts- Motherwell) and described it as a 'bit bank clerk-ish.'

His thoughts about Easter Road last night were.

Great game and atmosphere. He thought Hibs were very good. He also thought Utd played good football at times without looking threatening albeit Hibs clearly deserved the scale of the win. He thought the quality of football was better last night than at Hearts - more passing on the deck and speed and that if last nights game had been between 'West Brom and Sunderland in the EPL you wouldn't have been surprised' which I think he meant as a compliment.

We were in section 43 and he was very impressed by the volume of noise and passion which was 'way more than at Tynecastle' and also he thought the Hibs support a decade younger than Hearts and much more up for it. He also was surprised by 'how many attractive girls there were.' I am married and can not comment on that really but I am sure we have a more attractive support than that other lot!

While clearly this was one of our best performances in a critical evening game my chum went away well entertained and impressed and will doubtless come back for more.
    Good football, boisterous atmosphere, fine fillly's - what more could a chap want from a Friday night out?

was sitting next to a few spanish guys who'd come across to Edinburgh for the weekend and managed to get tickets. Theyd been in the clubstore earlier and each had a strip on and by the time cummings put the first in they were loving it!

They were impressed at the crowd and standard given that it was second tier football.

I think we have another few hibees in the family.

Quote Originally Posted by HH_MYB View Post
    was sitting next to a few spanish guys who'd come across to Edinburgh for the weekend and managed to get tickets. Theyd been in the clubstore earlier and each had a strip on and by the time cummings put the first in they were loving it!

They were impressed at the crowd and standard given that it was second tier football.

I think we have another few hibees in the family.
    Love hearing stuff like this!!