hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Dibben View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I presume that this was the highest attended game without either side of the OF in many a year??
    Dont know about that.

Just that this season to date, outside of Parkhead & Ibrox, the highest attended game was at Pittodrie in Sept, and we were just short of bettering it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    No feedback from the club on how it was handled and what would happen should a similar situation arise?
    I suspect that it was Police Scotland who made the decision.

Bloody Alex Salmond! Merging the police forces in Scotland was the worst move he ever made.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I suspect that it was Police Scotland who made the decision.

Bloody Alex Salmond! Merging the police forces in Scotland was the worst move he ever made.
    I agree with you totally on the Police Scotland issue and I think most of the police forces outside the Weedge would agree with you too. It's been a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Doesn't matter what league we are in, we are currently one of the most expensive teams to follow at home.

Considering we had over 16k fans at the game on Friday, it doesn't seem to bother people as much as you* might think.

It seems people will pay good money to watch a decent side with something to play for.

* Not you personally, GG, I include myself in that.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    There were plenty empty seats in the East & FF so I don't see the need to keep banging on about opening up the South for us.
    None of which were available to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogs07 View Post
    There were lots of information given prior to the Utd game to season tickets holders that could not attend, to contact the ticket office and release their seats.
    I was in the FF upper and there 2 vacant seats beside me. The club need to directly make aware to all season ticket holders, that if they cannot attend any game, that they contact the office ASAP to release the seats.
    This is defo needed for season tickets holders that don't monitor threads on .net leading upto and on the day of the game.
    Problem with this, is if it is a sell out, the Ticket Office is absolutely heaving. Take last week for example, I tried three times to get through, cut off all three times at the end of the hold music as no one was available. I'm not going to spend ages trying to get through to release my seat. When it is extremely busy, the TO should have an additional member of staff to man the phone, which would take a lot of stress off the rest of the staff and give the fans a point of contact.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    None of which were available to buy.

The home end was Sold Out. It makes no difference if some people with tickets didn't turn up.

The club can't control how many ST holders make their seats available if they're not attending, so if that situation arises again, they need to be ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Problem with this, is if it is a sell out, the Ticket Office is absolutely heaving. Take last week for example, I tried three times to get through, cut off all three times at the end of the hold music as no one was available. I'm not going to spend ages trying to get through to release my seat. When it is extremely busy, the TO should have an additional member of staff to man the phone, which would take a lot of stress off the rest of the staff and give the fans a point of contact.
    Or have a facility where you can release it online or by sending an email.

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Or have a facility where you can release it online or by sending an email.
    Absolutely. Although emails rarely get replied to as well. My online account is locked out, presumably for failed password attempts, and I emailed the club before Xmas to get it unlocked. No reply, hence my phone calls last week, and it still isn't sorted. At least if you have one member of staff focused solely on correspondence, then more of these issues will be dealt with in an efficient time frame. I am going to have to try and call today again to get tickets for Bonnyrigg game.

When we are selling as many tickets as we are, the more bodies available the better.

I agree with the online system though, I don't think it would be too much additional work to have the option on the Eticketing website.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    ok,so what would you expect if we do get promoted as winners? a half empty stadium for the first match at ER? no feel good factor if we go up that way? c'mon be real. add in the fact that we'd be playing 6 definite (or add in A/deen) say 8 , seriously noisy games at ER next season if we do go up.
    I asked a fair question and clearly said I didn't know what would happen, based on the fact that our current attendances are better than they have been in the Premiership in a very long time. I didn't say anything about a half empty stadium or that there would be no feelgood factor.

"Be real" yourself.
    Last edited by Sas_The_Hibby; 09-01-2017 at 10:35 AM.