hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Marvellous Marvin Bartley

Yup just back and yup I see a thread about him and yup I see its a merged thread.

I had been critical of him this term as felt not as good as last season.

Tonight his best performance in a Hibs shirt period. I can look back at some DM performances over last 20+ years and I will struggle to find a better performance. Broke up play, pass success must have been close to 100% add to that got the **** kicked out him all night.

He deserves 2/3 threads. Rest of team brilliant Laidlaw was asked a question and it was answered.

2. Log in to remove the advert

It must have been a nightmare for them tonight. They knew that if Bartley got in their personal space he wouldn't just break up the play...he would outmuscle you, take the ball off you and leave you on the deck.

Another thing about him is that he knows when he's been fouled and is good at drawing them. It's not cheating, simulation or dishonesty, it's experience.

Easily MOTM tonight and when he's in the mood and playing in the right formation he can be the building block that wins us games.

First Team Breakthrough Higgy115's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It must have been a nightmare for them tonight. They knew that if Bartley got in their personal space he wouldn't just break up the play...he would outmuscle you, take the ball off you and leave you on the deck.

Another thing about him is that he knows when he's been fouled and is good at drawing them. It's not cheating, simulation or dishonesty, it's experience.

Easily MOTM tonight and when he's in the mood and playing in the right formation he can be the building block that wins us games.
    On way home now and not read any posts, the better the team we play the better Marvin plays, a disrupter not a distributor. Absolutely deserved man of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgy115 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On way home now and not read any posts, the better the team we play the better Marvin plays, a disrupter not a distributor. Absolutely deserved man of the match.
    Big Marv was both disrupter and distributor tonight, thus the MOM award