hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Jambos upset.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would take 1-5 over and over for the next ten years if I got to experience what it felt like on the 21st May again.

They're welcome to their 1-5. They can wallow in it all they like. It is gone from me, it just made our win sweeter.
    Exactly you like me get it.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Can't see Hearts going forward without going backwards first. I don't think their combination of unrealistic fan expectations and current business model is one that can sustain progress. Maybe I'm looking at this through green tinted spectacles but I sense Jambos (albeit subconsciously - they do not operate at a high threshold of consciousness) feel the same. The disquiet they evidence is already turning into paranoia about us. I sense we are the club and set of fans who are looking forward to the derbies more now.
    I'm absolutely convinced that that is the case. We keep on winning and they keep on struggling. Their tiny minds can't compute the difference in leagues, they only see results. They chased the caveman out the door after he failed to do the business against us and Cathy will go the same way due to the fact that he can't do the business against anyone unless they pretend to be Jose

United we stand here....

They WILL struggle, financial problems already setting in and Budgie's unrealistic targets of new stand and players already starting to creak in my opinion, hell mend them and I really couldn't care less about them, they mean nothing to me.

Never have been nor will be a "big team"

From Jamboid Sickbag:

Posted Yesterday, 16:18 Shame Hibs survived. Edinburgh's unneeded and unwanted club.

Certainly unneeded by the Yams seeing as how we have pumped them oot the Scottish cup twice in the last 4 seasons

As for being unwanted ..... Aye right

Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 15-01-2017 at 11:01 AM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    From Jamboid Sickbag:

Posted Yesterday, 16:18 Shame Hibs survived. Edinburgh's unneeded and unwanted club.

Certainly unneeded by the Yams seeing as how we have pumped them oot the Scottish cup twice in the last 4 seasons

As for being unwanted ..... Aye right

I suspect most Edinburgh people and businesses would be happy to see the continued existence of a club that pays it's bills it's community taxes and doesn't keep much needed cash from charities.

Its a strange one, why shouldn't Edinburgh have at least one team when Midlothian has one? Edinburgh City and Hibernian will continue to enhance the cities reputation despite the stigma of the recent administration scandal associated with the of Midlothians.

The poppy thieves are hurting.
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 15-01-2017 at 11:11 AM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I'm absolutely convinced that that is the case. We keep on winning and they keep on struggling. Their tiny minds can't compute the difference in leagues, they only see results. They chased the caveman out the door after he failed to do the business against us and Cathy will go the same way due to the fact that he can't do the business against anyone unless they pretend to be Jose
    I can see hearts going 114 years without winning the Scottish Cup again.
    A Curse as Karma for their cheating to win in 2012 and 2006.

In 2012 they pipped st mirren to the signing of Craig beattie (paying him with money they couldn't afford and which came from crime in Lithuania quite possibly)

They also re signed skacel that January window, just months before going bust.

Fate saw a cheating hearts team put st mirren out, and both those players scored key goals in hearts run.

The payback is being seen now - thumped out the Cup ever since by hibs and celtic, seeing hibs win the Cup, ratcheting up their own desperation to win it under fair sporting circumstances (as we did)

But they'll have 100 years or more of pain to endure.

Cathro will be the 4th hearts manager to fail to win the Cup.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Cathro will be the 4th hearts manager to fail to win the Cup.

I can't decide if Cathro:

A) is under the mistaken impression that anyone is interested in what he has to say
    B) thinks no one else understands the first thing about football

or both of the above.

Whatever, I find his tedious explanations of the simplest concept rather patronising, and his preference for using 100 words when a few will do exceedingly boring.

I predict he'll win nowt with Hearts.

Will be interesting to see the levels of seathe IF they go out of the Scottish Cup this weekend.

Raith are on really poor form but don't underestimate how much Gary Locke will want to get one up on Levein and Budge given how he was axed. With Hearts not playing for weeks, losing a fair amount of players, injuries and players away at Africans cup, it's not impossible we will see a shock!

With The Rangers getting hammered today in a friendly, a carslberg weekend is a possibility!

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I think you'll also find many of them commenting in the Edinburgh Evening News online forums.

In fact, I'm pretty sure many of them are EEN employees.
    Let's not forget Pie and Bovril either, there's loads of them on there.

Run that Ra Peepul Hammering past me again!!

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    They WILL struggle, financial problems already setting in and Budgie's unrealistic targets of new stand and players already starting to creak in my opinion, hell mend them and I really couldn't care less about them, they mean nothing to me.

Never have been nor will be a "big team"
    Their obsession with us is quite baffling. Having started watching hibs in the early 70s I was just always used to us being at the top end of the league and in Europe. Hertz never concerned me as is the situation now. Of course I do have a wee chuckle when they lose and sickbag goes in to meltdown but trying to reason with them is a waste of time. Some though are finally seeing past their hatred of the caveman for contributing to us winning the holy grail and are wondering what was the point of bringing Cathy in. They seemed resigned to finish no higher than 4th and know that if/when we come up they will be very very nervous about the derbies.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Their obsession with us is quite baffling. Having started watching hibs in the early 70s I was just always used to us being at the top end of the league and in Europe. Hertz never concerned me as is the situation now. Of course I do have a wee chuckle when they lose and sickbag goes in to meltdown but trying to reason with them is a waste of time. Some though are finally seeing past their hatred of the caveman for contributing to us winning the holy grail and are wondering what was the point of bringing Cathy in. They seemed resigned to finish no higher than 4th and know that if/when we come up they will be very very nervous about the derbies.
    You make some brilliant points. I would just like to add it must be obvious to the Yams that Cathy (first time I've heard that and I like it) is Levein's boy.

There is no other club would bring in 30 year old wet behind the ears with a baby face to boot 'Head Coach' without a mentor.

Caveman got out to make his own way without Levein sticking his oar in.

Happy days as it all goes downward for the Yams while we're winning most weeks and on an upward trajectory with promotion likely and the Cup in the bag.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Will be interesting to see the levels of seathe IF they go out of the Scottish Cup this weekend.

Raith are on really poor form but don't underestimate how much Gary Locke will want to get one up on Levein and Budge given how he was axed. With Hearts not playing for weeks, losing a fair amount of players, injuries and players away at Africans cup, it's not impossible we will see a shock!

With The Rangers getting hammered today in a friendly, a carslberg weekend is a possibility!
    You think The Nose will try a leg ? Not in a million years - if Locke plays him then it'll be 11v10. Raith are honking and we should have been 4 up at half time against them. They're leakier at the back than one of Locke's exes.

You do make a great point about losing two lads to the ANC - in particular the Moroccan lad who's decent. I've had to watch Hearts a few times, and in two games he's cleared goalbound headers and shots off the line more than once - he defends well at set pieces.

If I was Locke, I'd be getting as many crosses into their box as possible as they can't defend them. With Paterson out, they're set piece threat is gone too. I just hope Skacel stays on the bench as he's as good as wearing a Yam top if he plays.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Can you imagine the reactions if Skacel scores the goal that put the Yams out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I don't understand about the yams just now is this massive change that appears to be underway.
    Although he had a poor Derby record, I think most agree that Nielson was a successful manager for them. It makes no sense that they seemed happy for him to leave.
    Same with some players. One of the hardest things to get right at any club is player recruitment and Hearts have been very hit and miss since Neilson took over but two players that seemed to have fitted in and done reasonably well were Ozturk and Rossi. Now they have both been shown the door.
    There does not appear to be a cohesive plan in place of if there is I can't see it.
    They appear to be dismantling what has been a successful squad over the last couple of years.
    Happy days.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post

Thoughtfully clearing the calendar so they can focus on the league campaign.

Good old rudi.

Coaching Staff

I want Hearts next round - at Tynecastle !

Cathro is awful, Hearts fans don't rate him, and I want to knock them out again.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar

Would confuse them to the point that some of them would probably celebrate the goal.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar

You think he's that professional?

A Dundee Utd fan pal of mine told me when Skacel "played" for them against hearts it was like being a man down

He wandered round the pitch simply taking the plaudits of the Jambos - he couldn't have been less interested in helping Utd

Skatcel wont want to ruin his relationship with them

@hibs.net private member
    Don't really do statistics but someone mentioned at game on Saturday that if Hibs win against Bonnyrigg then they've won more games in the Cup at the PBS than hertz have since they won the cup.

GGTTH

Locke isn't an idiot and will want to maintain his relationship with the Raith fans.

Skacel won't get one minute on the pitch.

Surely?