hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cummings

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Cummings

Great to see him back in the team and back scoring. He worked very hard off the ball tonight in addition to his two goals.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Agreed! Needs to start swinging that right foot at the ball tho

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed! Needs to start swinging that right foot at the ball tho
    He really does! We were discussing this after the game and it's so frustrating watching him trying to cut back rather than letting loose with that right foot.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    even mild mannered me was standing up shouting on him to use that damn right foot

but anyway, after tonight i've put his valuation upwards again to 1.2 million(without add-ons)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    I tweeted after the game if Cummings had a right foot he'd get 10-15 more goals a season.

What concerns me is that he doesn't seem to do any work on his right foot at training and if he does it's never seen during a game.

That said, he was fantastic tonight and added another 2 goals to his tally for the season.

Just needs to cut out the tantrums when things don't go his way, waving arms about, slow getting back up and into position but I suppose that what makes some of these guys the unique characters and talent they are.

@hibs.net private member
    Thought he was excellent tonight and is scoring a goal every 92 mins in the league. Held the ball up well play up top on his own and could have got his hatrick if he just trusted himself to hit it with his right. Two opportunities to swing his standing foot from around 20 yards. Mind you there are a few players who are shot shy with their good foot so I wouldn't be too critical. Cummings gets better every season and has the knack of scoring in big games. He could easily play at a much higher level with some luck and lots of hard work.

Said it on another thread but it's no coincidence that Cummings finds himself in these positions to score supposedly easy goals.

By no means perfect but FFS he deserves a lot of credit.

People commented on the transfer window/Humphrey threads were spot on - Cummings will thrive with the service he'll get from Humphrey

First half possibly his best ever 45.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    hard to tell from TV but he did brilliantly to anticipate and get on the end of that cross

Coaching Staff
    First half, clinical, worked hard, good goals, perfect 45 minutes.

For me though, second half showed his immaturity and at times dare I say unprofessional approach - harsh I know, but his decision making second half, and his general lacklustre approach irked me.

Love him, but he needs to work for 90 and be a team player. I thought he was only thinking 'hattrick' at times second half.

Commons was below par the whole game though - clearly under the weather.

Bartley immense - best game in a Hibs jersey for me.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Second only to Bartley tonight. Goal machine.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Showed Cummings' goals on Sky News after the Man City report. Just added a few grand to his value!

Only mentioned McGinn's goal

I have been a critic of his tantrums, annoying the ref etc as well as his work off the ball, hold up play, decision making etc
    We all know what a great goal scorer he is and the timing of his run across the front post for the second goal was great.
    He has a lot to learn and I think he is trying to progress again after getting a flea in his ear from Lennon.

Commons was pretty anonymous again tonight but I think he is also having a good influence on Cummings.
    He spoke to him throughout the game and Jason seemed to be listening for a change.
    This seemed to have a positive effect on his decision making and he played really well on and off the ball until Commons was substituted when he reverted to his daft selfish Jason play.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    (I'm probably his biggest critic) but he was outstanding last night

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    First half, clinical, worked hard, good goals, perfect 45 minutes.

For me though, second half showed his immaturity and at times dare I say unprofessional approach - harsh I know, but his decision making second half, and his general lacklustre approach irked me.

Love him, but he needs to work for 90 and be a team player. I thought he was only thinking 'hattrick' at times second half.

Commons was below par the whole game though - clearly under the weather.

Bartley immense - best game in a Hibs jersey for me.

All of this

Tbf you can't blame him for not using his right foot when you see his attempt he had with it in the first half, after a peach of a cross from Stevenson, albeit it got flagged as offside...

Keep doing what you're doing jase, keep working hard in training and games and you will get your big move.

The lad will always have people trying to knock him down for this or that but for me, a striker that scores a lot of goals is a good striker.

I have not always been complimentary about Jason and his work rate but i thought he was great last night. The time he spent on the bench may yet end up being a very valuable lesson. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    hard to tell from TV but he did brilliantly to anticipate and get on the end of that cross
    Looked to me that Cummings pointed for the ball to the near post.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    ^^

He did.

As soon as Humphrey touched the ball Cummings shouted and pointed to where he wanted the ball to go. Humphrey duly deliverrrred.

First Team Breakthrough my left peg's Avatar
    The time to work on a players 'weaker foot ' is when they are six years old and upwards..

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

To be fair to Cummings it's fairly common for left sided players to be very one sided and rarely use their right foot.

Even some of the top left footed players to have played the game were the same.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by my left peg View Post
    The time to work on a players 'weaker foot ' is when they are six years old and upwards..

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk
    When GB arrived in Manchester he was all left foot. Worked day & night on his right so much fans could not tell what was his stronger foot. Jason ain't no GB but Jason practice makes perfect. Add a right foot to your game and the world is at those 2 feet.

Did I hear correctly that when Lennon was interviewed he was asked if he thought that would be Cummings last game for Hibs? If so Lennon was not exactly emphatic that it was not!

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Said the same to my Dad at the time. That first goal was textbook JC, intelligent positioning, great touch and the finish was never in any doubt.

As for his value, if we were getting offered 1.7 million at the start of the season then he must be worth more than that now. He had a spell out the team but when he has been playing he's been even more clinical than last season. Lennon seems to have got the best out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by sbell1875 View Post
    I tweeted after the game if Cummings had a right foot he'd get 10-15 more goals a season.

What concerns me is that he doesn't seem to do any work on his right foot at training and if he does it's never seen during a game.

That said, he was fantastic tonight and added another 2 goals to his tally for the season.
    Agreed. He had a few chances last night where he could have gotten a shot away with his right foot but didn't as he kept trying to cut it back onto his left.

Cummings was all things people above have said. I think he'll really start punishing teams in the six yard box now we have the comedy duo of width and pace.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Probably be in the minority but if a decent offer was made we should cash in. I reckon Keatings would bag a good few given a decent run as well as working a wee bit harder when required. Only my opinion likes.
    Last edited by greenlex; 07-01-2017 at 12:46 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip shop Joe View Post
    Did I hear correctly that when Lennon was interviewed he was asked if he thought that would be Cummings last game for Hibs? If so Lennon was not exactly emphatic that it was not!
    Commons?

Quote Originally Posted by ardecos View Post
    Commons?
    It was Commons. NL was asked before and after the game about him and the answer was he didn't know; it's the next thing to deal with now that he got his man Humphrey