hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gramskiwood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was told there were tooled up DUFC casuals in Tamsons before the game
    What, couple of plumbers straight from their work?

Amazing how much p!sh folk can talk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    If someone was killed they wouldn't have let thousands of folk walk through the crime scene I'd hope.

The police weren't questioning anyone, they were stopping traffic. There were paramedics helping someone on the ground and just one ambulance.

2 stabbings and a fatality would involve a lot more emergency services I'd have thought.

My guess is that someone got knocked down. The cars there weren't damaged and they let a few taxis drive through.

Hopefully it just looked a lot a lot worse than it was.
    Pretty much my thoughts. The police seemed fairly relaxed, and there was only one ambulance, so the whole reaction seemed more in keeping with someone being knocked over by a car than a potential murder. Who knows though?

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I was in Tamsons from just after 6pm till 7:30 and never saw anybody who looked like trouble.
    Maybe it was later?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It looked like a parked car the boy was lying under and there weren't any non-police vehicles there that looked like they were involved.

Probably just someone who came off second best in a fight.
    Possible, aye. I didn't look too hard tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Was going to ask if anyone knew what was going on towards the top of Easter Road. Looked like a lot of flashing lights.
    As far as I could see that was nothing to do with football supporters. When I went past It looked like somebody had been knocked down by a car well before the end of the match. Just hope they are OK

Hibs official twitter rubbishing claims of any stabbing. As an aside Dundee & Utd casuals never used to travel away, times change I suppose, don't know if this is the case nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Stax View Post
    Hibs official twitter rubbishing claims of any stabbing. As an aside Dundee & Utd casuals never used to travel away, times change I suppose, don't know if this is the case nowadays.
    I saw the 'utility' in duke street on my way up to the game. Around 30 of them, pretty pissed up and singing about how they are the 'utility'. Hope all rumours are bull****.

First Team Breakthrough 'mon the beers's Avatar
    I nipped into the Hibs club for a pint before heading into town. Jumped in a taxi just after 10 and the boy said there had been a bit of bother at the top of ER but nothing serious. Hope the guy who was taken away is OK, I've said before no matter who you support you should get home safe after a game. GGTTH

Some amount of ****ing gob*****s on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    They're everywhere. There's probably gob*****s in groups that you are affiliated with too.

What's your point? If you're upset about what someone has said or anyone who has been hurt then try to be a bit more articulate. We're not mind readers.
    Last edited by Pete; 07-01-2017 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Reading on Facebook that two Dundee Utd fans were stabbed and a Hibs fan is dead. Hopefully crap on all fronts.
    Whoever made that up should be ashamed of themselves.

My mate seen it all, drunken Dundee United supporter in Easter Rd staggered and fell into the traffic and hit his face in the ground, people need to know the facts before reporting guff.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    My mate seen it all, drunken Dundee United supporter in Easter Rd staggered and fell into the traffic and hit his face in the ground, people need to know the facts before reporting guff.
    If that's true and I would not doubt you for a second bud then who was guilty of attempting to taint both sets of supporters???

Stv reported the alleged stabbings and hibs fan fatality. Wouldn't put it past the media to put out fabricated lies. Stv's parent group SMG were once benefactors of the Yams!!!

Albeit I'm very happy indeed to learn of no such incidents took place but someone deliberately put it out there.

Glory Glory

West of Scotland media at it again

Thankfully the stabbing rumour appears to be bull****. Shame on any media outlet who reported such thing when it appears to be nothing but a rumour. Why someone would start such a rumour is bizarre but glad that it is only just that.

Hope whoever got injured is alright. As a previous poster rightly said, regardless of who you support, everyone deserves to get too and from the game safely. Sad end to the guys night getting hospitalised.
    Last edited by 21.05.2016; 07-01-2017 at 11:15 AM.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    There were a group of Utd fans surrounded by police up on Regents Road beside the supporters buses challenging any Hibs fans to a scrap. They had been herded up to their buses after the incident.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    If that's true and I would not doubt you for a second bud then who was guilty of attempting to taint both sets of supporters???

Stv reported the alleged stabbings and hibs fan fatality. Wouldn't put it past the media to put out fabricated lies. Stv's parent group SMG were once benefactors of the Yams!!!

Albeit I'm very happy indeed to learn of no such incidents took place but someone deliberately put it out there.

Glory Glory
    Look no further than 'Social Media'. Mainstream outlets jump on fb and twitter postings and cover their position by adding 'alleged' somewhere in their articles. It's nothing more than rumour mongering in the guise of sensationalist news reporting

...not like it's the first time it's happened

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Look no further than 'Social Media'. Mainstream outlets jump on fb and twitter postings and cover their position by adding 'alleged' somewhere in their articles. It's nothing more than rumour mongering in the guise of sensationalist news reporting

Totally agree with you.

Someone has to have deliberately posted false information of stabbings and a fatality onto either Fb or twitter for Stv to have picked up on a posting on one of these social media accounts.

It could easily have been done by an Stv Yam or Hun fan reporter to fabricate an Stv report to taint both sets of supporters. Nothing to stop them having a social media account under a false name.

Otherwise it would seem a sacking offense to put out a report of stabbings and fatality without ensuring there was some truth to it.

Stv 'reporter' with Yam or Hun leanings at it, it would appear!!!

Glory Glory

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    I walked past about a dozen of third casuals on Regent Road at about 11 in a Hibs jacket. Wasn't feeling too smart about it but they didn't look the road I was on.
    Thats alright then (maybe).

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    What, couple of plumbers straight from their work?

Amazing how much p!sh folk can talk
    Was told this by folk that were in Tamsons.

Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    So far as the posts on here go all I can see is folk reporting what they saw written on social media or had heard 2nd hand, nobody said that they 'knew' somebody had been stabbed or killed, only that they had heard it may have happened ..... hardly being a 'gob*****'

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post

Exactly this. Bored 14 year old masturbators desperate for a girlfriend creating 'news' for 40 year old alcoholics under the shadow of redundancy urgently trying to tempt the frightened, insecure citizens at home to click the links and fuel the fake outrage generated from the sense of powerlesness created by our flatlining debt-laden global economy looted by the 1%.

Or am I being too cynical?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Exactly this. Bored 14 year old masturbators desperate for a girlfriend creating 'news' for 40 year old alcoholics under the shadow of redundancy urgently trying to tempt the frightened, insecure citizens at home to click the links and fuel the fake outrage generated from the sense of powerlesness created by our flatlining debt-laden global economy looted by the 1%.

Or am I being too cynical?

I'm now 100% convinced you are Irvine Welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'm now 100% convinced you are Irvine Welsh.
    Never in a million years would I be seen dead in the tatty green fleece I once saw Welsh sport at ER. Thought to be fair, he did on one occasion wear a leather jacket -I think a Hugo Boss - which I thought was decent.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Never in a million years would I be seen dead in the tatty green fleece I once saw Welsh sport at ER. Thought to be fair, he did on one occasion wear a leather jacket -I think a Hugo Boss - which I thought was decent.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    When I reached the top of Easter Road, there was a ambulance and a number of police cars and vans. At least 20 police on the ground with one guy shouting at them for taking their time getting there. More police on London Road, on the footpath up to Royal Terrace and heading up the top part of Easter Road to go to Regent Road where the away supporter buses are parked.

4 arrested according to stv no names or where they are from

Quote Originally Posted by Tamhere1875 View Post
    4 arrested according to stv no names or where they are from
    Be interesting to learn whether they are East of Scotland fans, or followers of Scottish Championship. We might have to wait for the BBC to get us to speed on that one.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Daily Record doesn't specify the names of the perpetrators which either means they're Dundee United fans or the reporter doesn't know. You can be damn sure if they knew Hibs fans were arrested they'd tell you.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Daily Record doesn't specify the names of the perpetrators which either means they're Dundee United fans or the reporter doesn't know. You can be damn sure if they knew Hibs fans were arrested they'd tell you.

along with photos and home addresses of the 'accused'